warren05

06 Warren Centra vs 17 Ben Davis

Posted (edited)

Who you got and why?

Edited by warren05
  • Upvote 1

I don't know bout these two but i finally think that everyone is in a consensus agreement that  the 1991 bd giants no longer hold the greatest ever ihsaa team title . Maybe the only national champ but still not the states best ever. I did play vs the 91 giants and they were special no doubt . I didnt see the warren teams of the last decade i did see the bd team last year several times. Warren 06 had less trouble vs their competition bd had a couple close ones. But all things relative teams may be better now .......... 

So many great Warren teams around that time... 06 was Finch and Evans right? What year was Tardy and those boys? Good god they were nasty and hard hitting. 

5 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

So many great Warren teams around that time... 06 was Finch and Evans right? What year was Tardy and those boys? Good god they were nasty and hard hitting. 

2003 is the year that Tardy, Bonds, the Graham twins, Lacey, Willis and a whole host of others beat Penn. 

I'd have to go with 06 Warren, even though it pains me. Last year's BD squad was special, but that '06 team was dynamite. Not sure there was a high school team in the country that could've beat them. Probably deserved some sort of "national championship." These are the best high school football teams I have seen in person:

1. '06 Warren

2. '17 Ben Davis

3. '02 Ben Davis

4. '91 Ben Davis

5. '98 Bloomington South

• Upvote 1

'15 Center Grove Trojans

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Grover said:

'15 Center Grove Trojans

Lol nice team. 

1 hour ago, Grover said:

'15 Center Grove Trojans

Lol nice team. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grover said:

'15 Center Grove Trojans

Come on now guys whoever down voted this answer shame on you. Hes got his opinions he thinks the 2015 center Grove trojans were better than the 17 Ben Davis giants or the 2006  Warren central Warriors. Nothing wrong with that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, warren05 said:

Come on now guys whoever down voted this answer shame on you. Hes got his opinions he thinks the 2015 center Grove trojans were better than the 17 Ben Davis giants or the 2006  Warren central Warriors. Nothing wrong with that

Donate money to the gridiron and you can see who down voted the post :) 

I was a senior at Warren Central when the 2006 team won the first ever 4-peat in Indiana High School Football history. The Warriors were a force unlike any other. Last year's Ben Davis team comes a close second behind the 2006 Warren Central Warriors.

I played against the 91 Ben Davis team in the State Championship, I watched the State Championship of the 06 Warren Central team, and I watched my son play against the 17 Ben Davis team in the State Championship.  All great teams, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a faster high school team than the 17 Ben Davis team.

19 minutes ago, BSUKingsmen said:

I played against the 91 Ben Davis team in the State Championship, I watched the State Championship of the 06 Warren Central team, and I watched my son play against the 17 Ben Davis team in the State Championship.  All great teams, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a faster high school team than the 17 Ben Davis team.

No question they were fast but I'm not sure their D would have been able to stop Evan's. I think it would come down to how good could warren cover the WR's of BD. I would give the edge to Warren with Finch roaming in the open field picking off balls. 

16 hours ago, warren05 said:

No question they were fast but I'm not sure their D would have been able to stop Evan's. I think it would come down to how good could warren cover the WR's of BD. I would give the edge to Warren with Finch roaming in the open field picking off balls. 

It would definitely be a fun match up to watch.

Obviously as a WC Graduate, I am biased. I am still take neither side. Both teams were great in their own rights. I agree with BSUKingsmen,  it would be a great matchup to watch.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:39 AM, butlerguy03 said:

I'd have to go with 06 Warren, even though it pains me. Last year's BD squad was special, but that '06 team was dynamite. Not sure there was a high school team in the country that could've beat them. Probably deserved some sort of "national championship." These are the best high school football teams I have seen in person:

1. '06 Warren

2. '17 Ben Davis

3. '02 Ben Davis

4. '91 Ben Davis

5. '98 Bloomington South

1992 Snider team needs to be on list IMO

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 7:56 AM, Olympian06 said:

Donate money to the gridiron and you can see who down voted the post :) 

Thanks.

it was BSU Kingsmen, LC Bears 04, and Dante Estonia.

No worries though.  We were undefeated state champs.  We belong in the conversation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)

Been a lot of undefeated state champs , Doesn't mean you should be considered with the greats of all time (top 5 ) . Both of bhss  big school titles were undefeated yet i would not place them in the top ten best teams of all time .  I would consider bhss' 1998   a top 15 of all time .  It could be one of those 4A teams from pre success factor years may belong. There are a lot of years/teams  to consider , Penn , Carmel , Snider and a few others have had some dominant teams. 

Your criteria may be that CG went undefeated in the MIC that's why they should be on the list. In 15' BD was 6-5,  Warren 8-4, Lawrence C. 3-7,  Pike 4-6, Carmel 10-3 Not an outstanding season for the mic. 

Edited by MuleDriver
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, psaboy said:

1992 Snider team needs to be on list IMO

That's a great squad, and if they are not #5, probably #6. In all honesty, I am probably biased as a Ben Davis grad/fan, but I tried to break up that 17, 02, 91 block with another school and couldn't find one that, in my mind, would have been considered more dominate. Mule's right, could be a 4A team prior to success factors in the discussion too.

Sorry Grover, that 15 team was good but not 06 Warren and 17 BD good. Not sure they would've handled 02 James Banks either. Maybe closer to 91, 98 BHSS, 92 Snider. A lot of teams go undefeated to win state - not the litmus test for me. Although, all on my top 5 were undefeated.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Grover said:

Thanks.

it was BSU Kingsmen, LC Bears 04, and Dante Estonia.

No worries though.  We were undefeated state champs.  We belong in the conversation.

Having an easy Sectional most certainly helped CG win that State title in 2015. Also, your post showed a lack of objectivity.

• Upvote 2

I never claimed to be objective.  But seeing Mule Driver disagree with me reassures me that I'm okay.

• Haha 1

Warren 06 is tops imo I think the 02 BD team is second.. all the other teams are great as well