Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

I think Memorial, Central, and Reitz will be solid football teams. 

MD will overachieve and Castle will underachieve. 

North is the best of the rest.  

I see 2 or 3 teams from SIAC being a tough out in their respective sectional.  

I see Memorial and Central at the top of the heap this year. Reitz, Castle, and Mater Dei in the next group, North, Harrison, and Bosse at the bottom.

Is it true Memorial had 11 freshman come out for football last year and 5 this year?  

Last year yes.  Not sure about this year.  

45 minutes ago, Titan44 said:

Is it true Memorial had 11 freshman come out for football last year and 5 this year?  

Wow!  Henderson County better start having closed practices....lol.   Just kidding! :08_v:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Wow!  Henderson County better start having closed practices....lol.   Just kidding! :08_v:

Not the 1st time you have mentioned HC. Could you give me names of HC kids that left HC for Memorial. We have 1 kid on team from Henderson. He is a Holy Spirit kid that has been in catholic schools since Kindergarten. Please enlightening me.  

Edited by WhoDat

9 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

I tell you what. The Singer kid for GS is gonna be a beast this year.  You would think with that kind of talent he could have played for the Titans as a sophomore.

I wonder why he didn’t? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I tell you what. The Singer kid for GS is gonna be a beast this year.  You would think with that kind of talent he could have played for the Titans as a sophomore.

I wonder why he didn’t? 

Because he went to a different school before he moved? LOL

Edited by Titan44

4 minutes ago, Titan44 said:

Because he went to a different school before he moved? LOL

So maybe tell T20 that Henderson County isn’t the only high school just across the river that needs to close practice. Glass houses and all that. 

I think that dead horse of a joke has run its course and am done with it. 

58 minutes ago, Titan44 said:

I can check next time I'm over there but I think we had 5 new kids from last year's frosh class come out this year, making 16 sophomores.  Incoming frosh are hit and miss on participating in summer work-outs because of travel baseball, etc.  

5 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

So no freshman team?

Confirmed there is a freshman team and a team bus that commutes back and forth from Henderson. 

Not sure why the focus is on freshman team? I could go on and on about all the once dominant freshman team players that sat home Thanksgiving weekend. 

Just out of curiosity what was the record of the last two varsity GS teams when they were freshman?  

40 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

So no freshman team?

I expect there will be a frosh team.  Historically there aren't a lot of frosh attending all the summer workouts so it's hard to gauge numbers until practice officially starts.    

30 minutes ago, WhoDat said:

Confirmed there is a freshman team and a team bus that commutes back and forth from Henderson. 

Not sure why the focus is on freshman team? I could go on and on about all the once dominant freshman team players that sat home Thanksgiving weekend. 

Just out of curiosity what was the record of the last two varsity GS teams when they were freshman?  

LOL.  Looks like someone just needs to start a GS - Ev. Memorial thread and get it going.....

Posted (edited)

It’s your friend WHODAT who seems to worry a lot about GS...you know...in a lie down and talk to a professional sort of way.

Edited by Titan32

Ah yes, the infamous recruiting topic. Gotta say I’m a little disappointed it didn’t start a few month earlier.

As for the conference I’d say that pic represents it well. Memorial, Central, and Reitz are really the only ones you need to watch. MD and Castle might have a little push and cause a commotion but I don’t see anything happening with them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

It’s your friend WHODAT who seems to worry a lot about GS...you know...in a lie down and talk to a professional sort of way.

LOL.  And the same might be said for your friend Titan20...  I know  doctors sometimes give 2 for one deals, so maybe they could go both go..... LOL.  As I've said before, I'm just glad we all have something to talk about....

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WhoDat said:

Edit...Seniors who graduated 2017

Gibson Southern Freshman 2013 7-0

Thursday 8/29/2013 Away Evansville Memorial H.S. Evansville Memorial H.S. 6:00 PM TBA  (Canceled Heat Index)

Thursday 9/5/2013 Away Evansville Mater Dei High Evansville Mater Dei High 6:00 PM TBA  (GS 32 MD 12)

Thursday 9/12/2013 Home Princeton High School Gibson Southern High School 6:00 PM  (GS 55 PTN 0)

Tuesday 9/17/2013 Away Southridge High School Southridge High School 5:30 PM TBA  (GS 20 SR 14)

Thursday 9/26/2013 Home Henderson County High Sch Gibson Southern High School 6:00 PM  (GS 48 HC 8)

Thursday 10/10/2013 Away Boonville High School Boonville High School 6:00 PM TBA  (GS 22 BNV 8)

Thursday 10/17/2013 Away Heritage Hills High Schoo Heritage Hills High Schoo 6:00 PM TBA  (GS 22 HH 0)

Thursday 10/24/2013 Home Jasper High School Gibson Southern High School 5:30 PM  (GS 36 JS 12)

Edited by Titan32

I was just asking because of the numbers mentioned about Memorial's freshmen.  I just wasn't aware of any SIAC school that hadn't fielded a frosh squad in a while.  Especially after a state championship season.  Memorial could very well bump up a class due to the success factor after this season.  That could be a little rough in the coming years with those numbers in the current frosh and soph classes.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This years Seniors as Freshman:

Gibson Southern Freshman 2013 7-0

Thursday 8/29/2013 Away Evansville Memorial H.S. Evansville Memorial H.S. 6:00 PM TBA  (Canceled Heat Index)

Thursday 9/5/2013 Away Evansville Mater Dei High Evansville Mater Dei High 6:00 PM TBA  (GS 32 MD 12)

Thursday 9/12/2013 Home Princeton High School Gibson Southern High School 6:00 PM  (GS 55 PTN 0)

Tuesday 9/17/2013 Away Southridge High School Southridge High School 5:30 PM TBA  (GS 20 SR 14)

Thursday 9/26/2013 Home Henderson County High Sch Gibson Southern High School 6:00 PM  (GS 48 HC 8)

Thursday 10/10/2013 Away Boonville High School Boonville High School 6:00 PM TBA  (GS 22 BNV 8)

Thursday 10/17/2013 Away Heritage Hills High Schoo Heritage Hills High Schoo 6:00 PM TBA  (GS 22 HH 0)

Thursday 10/24/2013 Home Jasper High School Gibson Southern High School 5:30 PM  (GS 36 JS 12)

You mean 2015 frosh team don't you?  The 2013's would be college sophomore age now...?  Not that it matters, but I expect this year's seniors were undefeated as frosh too....  If my memory serves me, I think Ev. Memorial played GS in 2015, but Lindauer, Combs and Turnbaugh didn't play frosh ball for Ev. Memorial....

Edited by tango

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tango said:

You mean 2015 frosh team don't you?  The 2013's would be college sophomore age now...?

I think he grabbed the wrong year. Those are 2013 Freshman scores.  So kids who played their senior season in 2016 and graduated in 2017.  So this is one of the years WHODAT wanted.  Just the first of two.

Edited by Titan44

Actually meant last years seniors and year before. I’m guessing a combined 14-0 or close to it?  I’m just not sure looking at one age groups record when they are 14/15 years old means much.  Numbers is overrated. It’s more about finding a few athletes from different classes along with a few tough kids and making the pieces fit.