Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

1 minute ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Illinois' system to prevent small schools from abandoning football. 

Has this been considered for FP- TEC,  SS-TC?

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

I think they call it coop.

Yes, co-op, combine. Perhaps useful in the WM-Pike Central situation too. Could be a respectable team. How to classify them would be an interesting question.

1 minute ago, Alduflux said:

Has this been considered for FP- TEC,  SS-TC?

No. I'm only floating it. Pie in the sky. Co-oping in general has been discussed on TGD for a while. I think a both schools would have to demonstrate the possibility of losing a varsity sport, and then the willingness to combine. 

It could also allow schools like Loogootee to field a team in conjunction with Barr-Reeve (so not necessarily a loss in the number of football playing teams in the state).

Scoreboard issues at the Jungle tonight during the middle school games. they had quarter and clock but nothing else, No score .. Last year Clock was out at Poseyville when the Patriots made the trip for Varsity, With these 2 set to tangle tomorrow night I hope its not deja vu.

Anybody wondering why North Posey is getting annihilated every week, or beating terrible teams by a touchdown or less? Since 1994 NP has only given up over 60 points 3 times until this season they've done it 4 weeks in a row (MV, GS, SR, HH) prior to their unimpressive win last week over FP last week. I've been watching this ball club for 4+ decades and I can honestly say the past two years their kids have had the worst discipline and fundamentals that I've ever seen. If it weren't for Alex Stewart, who was one of the best athletes in the area, they would have had a dismal losing record in 2017. At a 2A school you are bound to have a bad year hear and there, but even those teams in the past would compete respectfully with the conference. Funny thing is, the coach acts like he's enacting some 'culture change' and has enhanced the weight program, but if you talk to the Princeton people (where he previously coached) they'll tell you his weight program was nothing special; this year's Princeton coach was actually quoted in the Princeton paper saying how weak their kids were when he took over. The offensive scheme is all smoke and mirrors with no true identity or substance, and the defense is the worst in SW Indiana. There's also no control of the locker room, as I've heard rumors in the stands from parents that the kids smoke vape in the locker room, among other concerns. It's even more disgusting that the new coach was quoted in the Posey County paper talking about how they got beat so bad four weeks in a row because the schools are so much larger. News flash, these teams have been in this conference for many years at or around the same size. To top it all off he changed the uniforms to silver numbers, which looks absolutely terrible. 

PAC Football final standings.
1st Heritage Hills 7-0 (9-0)
2nd Gibson Southern 6-1 (7-2)
3rd Southridge 5-2 (6-3)
4th North Posey 4-3 (5-4)
5th Tell City 2-5 (3-6)
5th South Spencer 2-5 (2-7)
7th Forest Park 1-6 (1-8)
7th Pike Central 1-6 (1-8)

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2018 at 11:50 PM, PAC Man said:

Anybody wondering why North Posey is getting annihilated every week, or beating terrible teams by a touchdown or less? Since 1994 NP has only given up over 60 points 3 times until this season they've done it 4 weeks in a row (MV, GS, SR, HH) prior to their unimpressive win last week over FP last week. I've been watching this ball club for 4+ decades and I can honestly say the past two years their kids have had the worst discipline and fundamentals that I've ever seen. If it weren't for Alex Stewart, who was one of the best athletes in the area, they would have had a dismal losing record in 2017. At a 2A school you are bound to have a bad year hear and there, but even those teams in the past would compete respectfully with the conference. Funny thing is, the coach acts like he's enacting some 'culture change' and has enhanced the weight program, but if you talk to the Princeton people (where he previously coached) they'll tell you his weight program was nothing special; this year's Princeton coach was actually quoted in the Princeton paper saying how weak their kids were when he took over. The offensive scheme is all smoke and mirrors with no true identity or substance, and the defense is the worst in SW Indiana. There's also no control of the locker room, as I've heard rumors in the stands from parents that the kids smoke vape in the locker room, among other concerns. It's even more disgusting that the new coach was quoted in the Posey County paper talking about how they got beat so bad four weeks in a row because the schools are so much larger. News flash, these teams have been in this conference for many years at or around the same size. To top it all off he changed the uniforms to silver numbers, which looks absolutely terrible. 

He had a ton of talent immediately at Princeton. 

He has had absolutely no talent at NP other than Stewart.  Cupboard looks bare going forward.