Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

I like GS, HH, and SR. All solid programs. Really don’t know much about each teams depth or skill positions. 

I’m going to pick HH strictly based on starters returning. That would obviously be an upset considering what GS and SR  accomplished last season. Especially with the Raiders coming off a state title. 

• Upvote 1

I’m hearing SR has a nice sophomore QB that throws a nice accurate ball?  

On paper HH looks really good.  I hope Memorial can avoid The Jungle in sectional play.  

Titan 44 thx for link! 

As far as Heritage Hills I said it last year and still applies this season if the Patriots are going to get back in the position to contend with Southridge and Gibson they have to get stronger on the line, Hopefully now that our new strength coach has been at the school for a year some progress will show.

Our defensive line suffered a major blow with the transfer of Spencer Buse to Tecumseh he would have given us a 4th year varsity lineman.

Offense we return QB Jones, Center Rea, WR Sigler, TE Turner, TE Ebert and I believe a couple of other lineman started a couple of games each.

Defense Return Down lineman Doyle, DE Turner, DE Ebert, 2 of our top 3 LB Jones and Wetzel and 5 of our top 6 DB Vaal, Carter, Sigler, Lashley and Feldpaush.

Also return all PAC Punter Jones and ALL PAC / All Area Kicker Liebering.

Only lost 7 Seniors and one seldom played but in that group were 3 Lineman  2 that started both ways, Top 2 running backs, top LB and Keller was top WR-DB-KR and PR. Plus add Buse to the list of lost players so we still have a bunch of question marks.

Also last season Jones started all 9 regular season games at QB but Sigler started in sectional plus we still have Carter who started 6 games in 2016 so its not guaranteed Jones will be the starter.  

Spencer Buse transfering to Tecumseh...tell me a little about him...we play the 3rd game of season!  Big kid?  

Think it will be a 3 horse race between GS, SR, and HH.  Southridge has got a great group coming back and will be ready to knock off the Titans in the season finale.  GS should be reloading with the freshman Allen at QB and weapons in Butler at slot, Spindler in the backfield, and Witte at wideout.  An athlete in Smith that can be used all over the field.  Defense should be formidable with Singer playing more on the DL, Martin & Plasse at LBs, and Smith as a DB.  The defense could be the surprise of the season.  Plus a very strong kicker in Williams.

HH will always be in the mix.  Will HH run much wishbone this year?

6 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Spencer Buse transfering to Tecumseh...tell me a little about him...we play the 3rd game of season!  Big kid?  

Listed 6'2" 227 on our roster last season. Was All- conference his sophomore but didn't make the list last season. 

Heritage hills is hosting a scrimmage tomorrow evening with Corydon Central and Boonville. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, dave mosbey said:

Heritage hills is hosting a scrimmage tomorrow evening with Corydon Central and Boonville. 

Any Patriot, Boonville or Corydon  fans attend this  and have any thoughts about the teams ??

How did GS do in 7 vs 7?  I did see 4-3 after pool play vs good comp. What was tournament format? Single elimination or double elimination? 

I know both GS and SR reload rather than rebuild as a whole roster, but what do they return in the skill positions? 

11 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I know both GS and SR reload rather than rebuild as a whole roster, but what do they return in the skill positions? 

Raiders lose their QB Harter who passed for 1722 and rushed for 1177 as well as leading receiver Maxey who had 29 receptions for 645 yards, But return Tucker Shank  1307 rushing yards and 312 receiving yards , also back is Price with 21 catches for 212 yards also the Raiders have 4 other underclassmen that combined for around 600 rushing yards.

Titans lose their top 2 rushers, top 2 receivers and QB but their backups are probably better then most other PAC teams starters.

Titans return Butler who had 51 rushes for 455 yards and 21 catches for 342 yards as well as Hupp 36 rushes 294 yards  and Witte 32 catches for 491 yards.

Don't know about secondary and backers but sure Raider and Titan fans will give a more detailed report. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, WhoDat said:

How did GS do in 7 vs 7?  I did see 4-3 after pool play vs good comp. What was tournament format? Single elimination or double elimination? 

Double elimination, 3-2 in tournament play, eliminated by the eventual champion 22-14.

• Upvote 1

There is quite a bit of excitement in Lincoln City this year, more than last year.  Every kid I have talked to is telling me it is going to be a good year.  Heritage Hills will be fine at the skilled positions, and I think the defense will be solid, but in my assessment there is only ONE way that we will get our swagger back.  Line play.  If we are great at the line, we can do anything this season, if we aren't, we are looking at going .500 again.  Not trying to be a downer, just realistic.  With that said, I am stoked for this year and I really think it will be a great season for the Patriots.

I think this could be the Patriots year in PAC. I also like GS but as talented as the Allen kid is, it’s never easy for a freshman. I expect Allen kid will have a great year. The only 2 regular season test will be vs HH and SR.  It will be interesting if GS and Memorial play in sectionals to see how he handles Memorials pressure and athleticism. Especially coming of the edges. Regardless, the kid is going to be fun to watch and will be a big time player. 

19 minutes ago, WhoDat said:

I think this could be the Patriots year in PAC. I also like GS but as talented as the Allen kid is, it’s never easy for a freshman. I expect Allen kid will have a great year. The only 2 regular season test will be vs HH and SR.  It will be interesting if GS and Memorial play in sectionals to see how he handles Memorials pressure and athleticism. Especially coming of the edges. Regardless, the kid is going to be fun to watch and will be a big time player. 

Again, it will depend on line play.  With it, we will compete with anyone on our schedule, without it, we will have a similar season to last year.  I am looking forward to it...I wanted to go to the scrimmage the other night for the single reason of looking at the line and got home from work too late.  I'll miss quite a bit in the first couple games because I will be staring at the line, quite a bit of anticipation there.  

Good luck Patriot fan! Hopefully HH along with GS are in opposite side of bracket in sectional 32

19 hours ago, dave mosbey said:

Raiders lose their QB Harter who passed for 1722 and rushed for 1177 as well as leading receiver Maxey who had 29 receptions for 645 yards, But return Tucker Shank  1307 rushing yards and 312 receiving yards , also back is Price with 21 catches for 212 yards also the Raiders have 4 other underclassmen that combined for around 600 rushing yards.

Titans lose their top 2 rushers, top 2 receivers and QB but their backups are probably better then most other PAC teams starters.

Titans return Butler who had 51 rushes for 455 yards and 21 catches for 342 yards as well as Hupp 36 rushes 294 yards  and Witte 32 catches for 491 yards.

Don't know about secondary and backers but sure Raider and Titan fans will give a more detailed report. 

Thanks Dave. I guess I should've thrown HH into that group as well. Last season felt like a rebuilding year for the Patriots, but that's normally not the case. I think they get back in the race this fall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SEAL_63 said:

Thanks Dave. I guess I should've thrown HH into that group as well. Last season felt like a rebuilding year for the Patriots, but that's normally not the case. I think they get back in the race this fall. 

If Colson Montgomery  does win the Southridge QB  I'm sure he will be outstanding like he is at everything else he does 6'4" and great athlete. Evansville Courier article on top 5 class of 2021 basketball players in the area said this about Montgomery  "He’s being described as a once-in-a-generation athlete for the Dubois County area"  

He led basketball team in scoring  and was best overall player and was starting shortstop on the state finalist baseball team as a freshman . 

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/07/12/top-5-players-evansville-area-stacked-2021-basketball-class/771828002/

Talented skill positions throughout the PAC.  Line play is always understated but really is the difference maker in solid team a nd the really good ones