Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Coach Nowlin

North South All Star Game Friday @ North Central

Always a great way to really head into Football Season:   IFCA North South All Star Game.  

I believe their is a FREE youth clinic on Friday prior to the game, t shirts and game ticket included:    

https://twitter.com/bkgaddis/status/1016439122024689671

Service Awards and other awesome acknowledgements throughout the evening  

Check out Seniors from this past year one last time!!    

I believe kickoff is 7 pm 

https://ifca.net/north-south-all-star-game/

Practice schedule this week

All-Star-Schedule-2018.pdf

local articles:

JC:  WL LB  Luke Stanton   https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/07/10/west-lafayette-grad-luke-staton-gambles-himself-purdue-football-walk-spot/771913002/

Pioneer Jason Merch:   http://www.pharostribune.com/sports/local_sports/article_9d2394fb-ea0e-57ee-94a8-d36469de111f.html

• Thanks 1

Really enjoyed the Pat Shanley interview, and especially his thoughts on the Jeff- WL season opener.   He said they are expecting 7000-10000 for that game. Wow!   What a way to open the season. Lafayette area football really taking some major steps forward

With regards to the all star game, a nice event but the college coaches have really watered this  down by forcing the best players to skip the game. I dont think there is an Indiana top 30 recruit playing in this game. From a spectator standpoint, fans used to come to this event to watch indiana's best high school players. Now the game is more like a collection of All Conference players from around the state . Good fun for the players and coaches, but not a strong draw from a fan perspective. 

• Upvote 1

Live webcast with Greg Rakestraw and Lance Scheib on the call will be shown here...

https://www.iscsportsnetwork.com/videos/2018-ifca-north-south-football-game

As for watered down, I have 2 comments on that.

1) My oldest son was at Illinois State for summer school and summer conditioning after his senior year.  He asked Coach Spack if he could go to the North-South week/game and he encouraged it.  I realize Illinois State is not Ohio State, but I'm not sure how many of those top players WANT to play in it, or even ASK if they can.  Obviously, there is some concern by the colleges of injury, which is understandable.

2) I personally choose not to focus on who is NOT there, rather attend and celebrate the kids who ARE there!  They have all earned it, let them enjoy the moment, and just go support them!  Other than the storm delayed shortened game in 2015, I have not heard of a player comment on a negative experience ever.  It's a great week to be part of regardless if some top players are not there.  

Also, remember, this All-Star game is a representative All-Star game, meaning it's not just the best players period.  It's the best players with respect to region, school, class, and position.  So chances are you would never have the top 30 players in the state make the rosters even if they could play.

• Upvote 4

Well stated Sir

That 2015 game still bums me out.   Mother Nature and the North won that game!!!   

• Upvote 1

Wasnt there a coaching staff injury in that 2015 game???? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Who was the last Mr. Football to play in the all-star game?

Does the North team always have the East sidelines here? :10_v:Also, great placement of the lift for filming :10_v:no one on the visitor side can see the scoreboard. 

other than that it has been entertaining. :17_v:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Also, great placement of the lift for filming :10_v:no one on the visitor side can see the scoreboard. 

Well how is that for action? :13_v:

thank you for moving it

• Upvote 1

who won game and are stats available anywhere?

Snider's Christian Covington was the MVP he rushed for 108 yards.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jakone said:

Snider's Christian Covington was the MVP he rushed for 108 yards.

The kids from the 260 all played really well. 

• Upvote 1

A very enjoyable game!  Glad I was able to attend.  One guy that stood out to me was Tyler Knepley from Western!  Good sized LB who got after it!

I am from Marion so went to see the 3 county kids play. I thought the McCoin kid from Mississinewa played great defensively. I also thought the Kneply kid looked great defensively. McCoin played QB at Mississinewa did he play D as well?

35 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Did the North win 27-24 on a late field goal?

Yes and no. North kicked a FG with about 5 min to go.

South had a FG as time expired that was blocked. 

Anybody know what the kicking rules were? Most all-star games allow no or very little rush (max 4-5) on kicking downs. North brought the house. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Yes and no. North kicked a FG with about 5 min to go.

South had a FG as time expired that was blocked. 

Anybody know what the kicking rules were? Most all-star games allow no or very little rush (max 4-5) on kicking downs. North brought the house. 

Cheaters

The game was a good game.  Was a little upset that the South staff only played certain kids the majority of the game.  It is a great honor for these kids to be chosen, but in my opinion it would be very hard as a player to stand on the sideline and not get much playing time. After all it is an All-Star game, they are all good players or they wouldn't be there.  Just a thought.  Heard a lot of negative comments from the stands.  Everything else was great.

thats disappointing to hear:  

When I was on North staff in 2015 game, we had 2 platoon units on all positions.  Rotated series and then when it was nut crunching time in the 4th the entire team knew the coaches were going with the hot hands.    I worked with Linebackers and boy there was no drop off from unit 1 to 2nd unit.   Easy week for me :17_v:

• Upvote 1

This game has completely lost all relevance.

Interest appears to be at an all time low.  Participation amongst the better players is nil.  Fans want to see the best in all star games.  If I want to watch a bunch of All Conference players, I can go to any regular season game.  

IFCA should reach out to Kentucky and schedule an Indiana - Kentucky All Star game in Louisville to try and spice this up a bit.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

it is the longest running consecutive all star game in the country still I believe

fact is the norm for high end recruits, national recruits, are many times enrolled or partaking already in their P5 conference schools activities, which wasn't the case even 12 years or so ago.

Lots a really good football players play in this game each and every year.    You had many of the top teams in the state represented along with some great 1-3a players as well.   The way its always has been, REPRESENTATIVE All Star Game.    

• Thanks 1

Sometimes, change can be a good thing.  

IFCA certainly not the most progressive group on the planet.  They tend to follow the script and rarely stray from the norm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1