The new turf looks great and the TRIBE looks good, another big loss for the boys from Elwood. OLE MISS BIG

The cow bellS ring so much that 200 Eastbrook fans are treated for tennis elbow at local hospitals. EASTBROOK BY WHAT EVER THEY DECIDE.

The Blackford crew gets better each week and the Eagles continue their downward streak. BLACKFORD IN A CLOSE ONE.

ALEX got the win against a hapless Oak Hill eagle team, but they run into a BIRD of a different feather this week. FRANKTON SOARS  TO VICTORY.

SO who are the teams to watch this year? Anyone made any improvements over the summer?  How has your team looked in summer workouts or team drills? I need a little high school football fix.

Eastbrook will be good again. The Panthers don't rebuild they reload. I bet they make another deep run this season. They were a few fumbles away from making it to the finals last year. 

Ole Miss will be solid. They have a few holes to fill after their QB graduated and some linemen. They have lots of speed and size, just need a qb to orchestrate the "O"

Alexandria keeps improving every year. I look for them to have a good season. Their qb was solid last season and put up respectable numbers and he has some receivers returning. 

Oak Hill always competes.  They're well coached and always prepared.  Can't remember what all they lost and have returning this season. Their new field looked great!

Frankton has a lot of holes to fill after the majority of their offense graduated. Not sure what they will bring to the table this season. The Eagles lost some studs on defense as well.

Blackford is in the same boat as Frankton. I'm not sure what they have returning but with their offense they'll make it exciting and win some games. 

Elwood lost their main weapon. Their O line struggled last year and has some seniors to replace. The Panthers do have some quality defensive players, not much size but they get after it.

MG struggled mightily last season. Their numbers were way down. Hopefully they can get the numbers up and be competitve this year. The Argylls only win may come vs Elwood and the same for Elwood.

Good luck to the CIC. Hope for a long injury-free season.

What players from the cic will be playing college ball this season? I always like to follow cic kids. Great to see our conference represented at the next level

Just a little over a month away from the opening game kickoff!!!!!!

I'm glad to see that the majority of CIC teams have beefed up their non-conference schedules (games 1 & 2) over the last couple of years.  Ole Miss has Pendleton Heights and New Haven, Eastbrook will have a decent test against Delta this year.  Frankton dropped APA (annual 75 point average victory : ) and added Tri-Central, etc..............

I see the conference playing out much like it did last year, Ole Miss slaughtering everyone except Eastbrook and Eastbrook beating everyone handily.  Once again, the battle for 3rd place is hard to determine due to them all being equally mediocre. 

Alex 4-5 wins

MG 1-2 wins

Elwood 1-2 wins

OH 3-4 wins

Frankton 3-4 wins

Blackford 4-5 wins

Eastbrook 9 wins

Mississinewa 7-8 wins

Frankton lost an awful lot on both sides of the ball due to graduation, it looks like they've got only 13ish lettermen returning and maybe a handful of which were starters.  Maybe we'll get a few 6' 3" 250 runs a 4.5 forty transfers............................

Eastbrook and Ole Miss will be class of the conference. Mississinewa will have a big hole to fill at QB, but will have both there RBs back. Eastbrook will continue to do there thing. After these two I think there will be a big drop off. Did either McGuire or McCoin go anywhere to play?

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:08 AM, midway monster said:

Eastbrook and Ole Miss will be class of the conference. Mississinewa will have a big hole to fill at QB, but will have both there RBs back. Eastbrook will continue to do there thing. After these two I think there will be a big drop off. Did either McGuire or McCoin go anywhere to play?

McCoin is going to Indiana Tech for Baseball.

Mississinewa will be solid but does have some holes to fill.  The big question is do they leave Heisman where he was last year or move him to QB where he played this summer

Eastbrook has another large Senior class and according to some of the faithful this is the last chance that Eastbrook has for a couple of years to win State.  

Blackford improved last year and should be better this year.  Could this be their last year in the CIC as they almost left during the summer?

MG is still rebuilding.  They should return a lot of experience but will still be young.  This summer they had some kids come back that sat out last year.

Frankton lost a lot and will be rebuilding

Alex will surprise people like they have in the past

Elwood still rebuilding but will give some teams a run

Oak Hill returns some experience and will be competitive.

Have to agree with others Mississinewa and Eastbrook are the teams to beat and either one is capable of winning the CIC this year.

Posted (edited)

Eastbrook and Ole Miss are head of the class. Both are pre-season top 10 in their respective classes. Eastbrook lost a game-changer, but always have a steady stable of players to fill key roles. The Kirby kid for EB is pre-season All-State in 2A. Mississinewa lost a consistent QB and key linemen, but return a Prime Time top 25 player in Skeens and a pre-season 4A All-State player in Campbell. Mississinewa will be tested in non-confidence games with 2 very good teams in Pendleton Heights and New Haven. Eastbrook will have an easier path rolling into the the championship game. I am excited to see what names step up for Coach Adamson this season and how Coach Funk adapts to the departure of McCoin. 

I think Blackford, OH, and Alex fight for 3rd place. OH is always well coached and execute, but in think some teams have caught up to them talent wise. Alex has a pre-season All State player in Summers at Punter/Kicker. 

Jury is out for MG, Frankton and Elwood for me... Not sure how competitive they will be. I think Frankton will struggle to replace the output of their departed QB. MGs numbers will be key to competing. Maybe a new coach in Elwood will create excitement and  get some key wins with pre-season All-State honorable mention, Mireles leading the charge. 

Edited by RiverRat99

1a. Mississinewa will be tough as always this year. return a lot of great players and continue to be dominant!

1b. Eastbrook will also be tough as always and continue their dominance! Division will come down to matchup with Ole Miss!

3. Alexandria is more talented this year than they where last year. Will be interesting how they use their weapons!

4. Blackford has improved each of the last few years. Could also be 3rd but feel Alex has more talent.

5a. Frankton lost some good weapons but has a good senior core if they can come together.

5b. Oak hill feel like they have just lost to much over the last couple years. coin toss with Frankton.

6. Elwood Has lost way to much over the last 2 years. with new coaching may take a few to get respectable.

7. Madison Grant still low on talent and confidence. another rough year.

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2018 at 10:48 AM, caliboy24 said:

3. Alexandria is more talented this year than they where last year. Will be interesting how they use their weapons!

4. Blackford has improved each of the last few years. Could also be 3rd but feel Alex has more talent.

I am looking forward to seeing these two teams and how they compete this season. 

Edited by RiverRat99

17 hours ago, RiverRat99 said:

I am looking forward to seeing these two teams and how they compete this season. 

I agree.. I think Alexandria is still one more year from contending with the Ole Miss and Eastbrooks though!

• Upvote 1

Ole Miss starting to build a program to contend with Eastbrook, I look for class size at Mississinewa to become the determining factor in years to come.

Alex, I believe is still a year away but coming on strong.

Blackford, has Coach Sehy's O running well but the defense is still suspect. Nice to see them improve.

Oak Hill, will be rebuilding but coach Bud will get all he can out of what he has.

Frankton, has lost a lot but don't know enough to say much more.

Elwood, in the same boat with frankton but always play tuff.

And now for My Argylls, The numbers are up, coach worked the halls, lunchroom, etc. and it has had some good results. Now will this result in more wins? not sure. They took a lot licks last year but the young Argylls never quit, maybe just maybe we can get 2 or 3 wins. No where to go but up.

Good luck to all CIC teams can't wait for another season of High School Football.

• Like 1

I watched Mississinewa and Eastbrook play a few times last year. I have to believe these teams will be at the top of the conference. Has anyone watched Mississinewa this summer? Will they be able to pass the ball this year without the Mccoin kid back there? I really thought he was the key to there team last year with the way he ran the offense. Skeens and Campbell kids were great last year when i seen them cant imagine them not being better this year. Eastbrook will do what they always do and will be well coached doing it. Think everyone else will be playing for third place.

Well once again a last minute coaching change has hit Madison Grant just before the season starts. How can you build a program if you can't keep a coach. They have Hired one of there own this time, and maybe just maybe that will pan out. It's hard to watch all the other teams in the CIC teams build programs, upgrade facilities, and watch your own alma mater struggle year after year. Yes getting a remodeled press box but that doesn't keep up with the new turf fields and first class weight rooms you see at other CIC schools. Would improvements to facilities, a long term coach spark some interest in the program and increase numbers? I think so. But no matter what I will continue to back my Argylls rain or shine good times and bad. My hope is in the near future we can see some improvements both to the infrastructure, coaching staff and number of students playing the game that  I love. Good Luck MG, only one way to go from here UP!

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2018 at 8:17 AM, ED78 said:

Well once again a last minute coaching change has hit Madison Grant just before the season starts. How can you build a program if you can't keep a coach. They have Hired one of there own this time, and maybe just maybe that will pan out. It's hard to watch all the other teams in the CIC teams build programs, upgrade facilities, and watch your own alma mater struggle year after year. Yes getting a remodeled press box but that doesn't keep up with the new turf fields and first class weight rooms you see at other CIC schools. Would improvements to facilities, a long term coach spark some interest in the program and increase numbers? I think so. But no matter what I will continue to back my Argylls rain or shine good times and bad. My hope is in the near future we can see some improvements both to the infrastructure, coaching staff and number of students playing the game that  I love. Good Luck MG, only one way to go from here UP!

I feel for you guys. It is sad how it has hit MG! Problem there is lowest enrollment in CIC and coaching turn over it will never get better unless you have a stacked class of athletes. 

Alexandria runs into the same issues with enrollment. The class of 2020 and 2021 will carry them to their best records since 2014.  

Hope MG gets it figured out before its to late!

Edited by caliboy24

14 hours ago, ED78 said:

Was surprised when I read the article in the Chronicle-Tribune about this.  Glad they found a replacement but the article also said that the new coach has been on the staff for a couple of years but because of his full-time job he has had limited practice time during the summer.  I just have to wonder how the head coach not being employed by the school system full-time will affect the numbers in the future?  The next question is will the new coach just coach this season to get thru and step down due to his full-time job or will MG find a position within the school system for him so he will stay as head coach for a number of years?

Hate to hear that these kids are going thru this again.  

Good luck coach turner.  Does this mean the return of the T.

Good luck to all in the CIC this year! Hope everyone keeps moving forward!

On 7/17/2018 at 4:20 PM, Indiansfootball2013 said:

Blackford improved last year and should be better this year.  Could this be their last year in the CIC as they almost left during the summer?

Where was Blackford rumored to go? If they indeed left, was there any buzz as to who might join the conference to take their place or would we just lose a school and carry on?

10 hours ago, StevieJanowski said:

Where was Blackford rumored to go? If they indeed left, was there any buzz as to who might join the conference to take their place or would we just lose a school and carry on?

They were ready to go to the same conference that Southern Wells is in and was going with Jay County.  Jay County backed out and as a result the invite was pulled.

Blackford was asked to join Southern Wells, Shenandoah and Eastern Hancock in coming to the MEC conference. MEC has Wes-Del and Monroe Central that play football while Daleville, Blue River, Randolph Southern, Cowan, Union (Modoc), and Wapahani do not field football teams. And from my understanding, Blackford would not leave the CIC unless Southern Wells would leave the ACAC. So when Southern Wells declined the offer that meant Blackford would decline as well.

Blackford may have been willing to go to the MEC if Southern Wells jumped so they could ensure at least 5 conference games.  I don’t think there is a specific desire to be in the same conference as SW or Jay County, but Blackford would go if they felt that it was a better fit for their teams.  SW has angered the administrations of Blackford, Jay County, and Huntington by sending their buses into those districts to pick up students that have enrolled at SW. Oddly enough, Bluffton’s Superintendent is the one who wants to lead the charge with pitchforks and torches.

If it wasn’t so far to Heritage and Woodlan, Blackford would fit in well in the ACAC (change that name please) as an 8th member, which would open a spot for Lapel to join the CIC.

With the way school funding is tied to enrollment numbers and parents being able to opt for nearby school districts, I believe that we will see an increase of student "recruiting" to other districts. Depending what parents think is the best opportunity for their kids. We have already seen "recruiting" in parochial schools and how it can have an effect on athletic and other programs. Now we are starting to see the same in the public school systems. Can the consolidation of small school districts be in the near future? Could we possibly see a Madison Grant and an Oak Hill become One with a north and a south campus or how about a Alexandria and Elwood? Well I personally hope I never see it. I wish we could get back to the good old days when you went to school in the district you lived. Ok enough of the Old Man Rant.. Good Luck to ALL football players be safe and have FUN!

I'll be excited to see how Sectional 35 shakes out. Eastbrook is obviously the favorite but steady programs like Rensselaer Central and Lewis Cass will be lurking as the underdogs. I think whoever wins this sectional would have a relatively winnable path to the state finals. 

What should we expect from Oak Hill this season?

6 hours ago, silvertone1696 said:

I'll be excited to see how Sectional 35 shakes out. Eastbrook is obviously the favorite but steady programs like Rensselaer Central and Lewis Cass will be lurking as the underdogs. I think whoever wins this sectional would have a relatively winnable path to the state finals. 

What should we expect from Oak Hill this season?

Rensselaer will be very young this year. I believe only 6 seniors. They have very little back this year on the offensive side of the ball in terms of production. Lost their starting QB and running back. Will be a long learning curve for the Bombers. Sectional 35 has some very talented teams. Eastbrook has a ton returning. Rochester and Lewis Cass are both very talented ball clubs. Eastern looks to have the chance to have a special season. Don’t know much about Oak Hill, Taylor, or Delphi.