Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

2018 Boilermakers

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

figured start this years thread with incoming freshman 600 pound squat

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000941369/article/watch-purdue-wr-rondale-moore-squat-600-pounds

He is a 5'8 180 pound slot WR, runs 4.3   

I saw that video last night! Gotta love how excited the teammates are for him. 

It's little things like this that build a winning culture. Everyone looks like they're having the time of their lives. Yes, sports are hard work, but little things like this are a huge reward. 

3 hours ago, Andy G said:

I saw that video last night! Gotta love how excited the teammates are for him. 

It's little things like this that build a winning culture. Everyone looks like they're having the time of their lives. Yes, sports are hard work, but little things like this are a huge reward. 

Strength coach should be immediately relieved of his duties for allowing this.  There is nothing to be gained and much to be lost if this kid gets hurt lifting this meaningless amount of weight.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Strength coach should be immediately relieved of his duties for allowing this.  There is nothing to be gained and much to be lost if this kid gets hurt lifting this meaningless amount of weight.

It's the fault of millennials and bro culture, correct?

Just now, Andy G said:

No, just poor judgement

4 hours ago, DrivenT said:

No, just poor judgement

Gotta love your optimism.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DrivenT said:

:13_v:

• Upvote 1

Very enjoyable 1st episode of Inside Boilermaker Training camp:  Hard Knocks style:    Check it out if you haven't seen it yet 

GAME DAY!  I have absolutely ZERO expectations for this team, other than they need to show the ability to be explosive on offense.  But, I have not been this excited since I was at the season opener in 2004 in the front row of the student section.  Fortunately, this time I will remember what happens!  BOILER UP

• Upvote 1

railroad tracks outlining the field is a nice touch for National TV tonight 

• Upvote 1

I will be in the endzone for tonights contest.  Can't wait Boiler up!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

GAME DAY!  I have absolutely ZERO expectations for this team, other than they need to show the ability to be explosive on offense.  But, I have not been this excited since I was at the season opener in 2004 in the front row of the student section.  Fortunately, this time I will remember what happens!  BOILER UP

Should be a whale of a game.  Almost everywhere I see have the Boilers winning, except ESPN (figures). I like our offense, a trick play, and Holt's defense.  Thorson may be back for the Cats, but how effective will he be?  Boilers, 26-21.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Andy G said:

you mean it's not Trump's?!?  The temerity...

• Haha 1

very encouraging, HOWEVER, as Coach Brohm said after the game Boilers margin for error is less than last year  

I agree

Very deflating loss for PU fans.

Schedule is brutal and Boilers needed a W in this home opener.

Defense very weak.  Really couldn't stop anything.  They need to get the run game going and quickly.  Markell Jones?  

Brohm is as intense a coach as you will see on the sideline.  Watching the Gold and Black Series, he seems to be at ultra high intensity level all the time.  I wonder if he needs to scale that back just a bit.

Rondale Moore was fun to watch.  What an athlete and a player.

I have seen him at practice and he has not been as intense on game day, so I believe he does have that in him to read his team and act accordingly. 

Defense is very young, however, when your offense turns the ball over 3 times, it really puts them in bad spots.

Shut NW out the entire 2nd half, I would say that says something there.  

Not deflating for this guy:   Could it hurt down the road if they do not get to that 6 win mark, absolutely:   Deflating will be losing to Eastern Michigan or Missouri, though it Mizzou won't be as easy as it was on the road last year.  

Moore is unbelievable.  No doubt 

I personally would like to see Purdue get to 1-1 after this weekends game vs Eastern Michigan

I know Mizzou was shell shocked last year when Boilers came to town, they will be far more ready this time around, it will be a tough one, no doubt 

and if Boilers fall to 1-2 NO, doubt will come from this guy and the majority of the fan base I would suspect would feel the same.   

The love fest is over at Purdue for Brohm after today’s loss to Eastetn Michigan 20-19. Horribly undisciplined Boiler team and, quite frankly, badly out coached today as well. As bad as Purdue has been, according to the announcers, they hadn’t started 0-2 since 1996 until today. To make it worse, both losses were at Ross Ade and the Northwestern loss looks even worse now that Northwestern got thumped at home by Duke today. Eastern Michigan now improves to 2-38 lifetime vs Big Ten teams...

hard to argue any of that, minus the 1st part about Brohm.   Wasn't anyone's best day today, but I will gladly continue my love fest of Coach Brohm and his staff

Everyone is entitled to do what they want just see some real holes in the program. Never should lose to Eastern Michigan, EVER. I don’t care what the circumstances are. 

47 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Everyone is entitled to do what they want just see some real holes in the program. Never should lose to Eastern Michigan, EVER. I don’t care what the circumstances are. 

agree

I have said a few times last few weeks that their margin of error this year is far less than last year and it has proven so 2 weeks in a row.   Now Mizzou coming in, that was supposed to be the breather on the schedule now sitting at 0-2.   Big time Gut check time 

Tough to be a fan right now...

Brohm looked shocked, pissed, embarrassed and a bit lost in the post game press conference.  No one projected this kind of start.  And IU jumps to 2-0 with a win over Virginia and looking to go 3-0 with Ball State coming in next week.  

Odd set of circumstances indeed.