Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

2018 Boilermakers

Exactly what I thought too.   Especially with the last minute of the segment and I get that.   NFL is copy cat league.   After this year, when you see the Rams and others employing some schemes you regularly see in college, the owners/gms will start to look and pay for those coaches who excel.  

Lincoln at Oklahoma comes to mind for Cleveland.  

However, there will be NFL folks who will remember the flop that was Chip Kelley, Steve Spurrier.    I think the difference is guy like Mcvay came up thru the ranks of NFL 

I will continue to enjoy as many years as Coach Brohm will want to stay at my beloved Alma Mater, but I also understand the reality is NFL > B10

36 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

got another verbal from OL in OHIO, 2nd OL from OH in this class:    Beat out Cincy and Kentucky :  Sounds like folks think he will project more like a guard then tackle 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/kyle-jornigan-180765#school-interests

Love those big Catholic school linemen.  They seem to have a nastier edge to them than their public school counterparts.  Certainly the Chatard Nasty Boys Zack and Nick Martin come to mind.

It also reminds me of the great Matt James, who never made it to Notre Dame 

I know those Martin boys well,  Bombers used to go 11 on 11 with Chatard at SJC Camp.   Coach Meeks has a scare on his shin from the younger Martin boy who hip tossed our 230 pound OL cleats high and snagged Coach.   Oh the Memories!!   

I think PU board has 3-4 guys left.   They can take I think around 26-27 guys in this class with a few of them getting the mid year start like Karlaftis.  I am sure their will be some attrition as well.  

Guys Left:   Bell, Weaver (DE out of L'ville) Wandale Robinson, and Milton Wright.     all 4 star dudes.   

As an IU fan, I can say with no shame.....that was fun to watch. Congrats to the Boilers. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

As an IU fan, I can say with no shame.....that was fun to watch. Congrats to the Boilers. 

Yes, yes it was...

Loved Brohm’s post game interview. Certainly doesn’t look like someone who is disinterested and wants to be somewhere else. Really had me fooled. 

Purdue is about 3-4 plays away from being 7-0 and a top 10 team with a legitimate shot of getting into the CFB playoff. Just a testament to how good a coach Brohm really is and the scary part is that his best days are still to come (terrifying as an IU fan).

• Upvote 1

Why do the PU players look so much faster and athletic than IUs?  Maybe its the black uniforms.  They did look sharp.  

It would be fun to see Moore and Anthrop on the field together .  Anthrop is such a playmaker, too bad he has lost almost all of his playing time.  

• Upvote 1

Moore is much more of a stud.  At least Anthrop will get a quality education.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:22 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

I know those Martin boys well,  Bombers used to go 11 on 11 with Chatard at SJC Camp.   Coach Meeks has a scare on his shin from the younger Martin boy who hip tossed our 230 pound OL cleats high and snagged Coach.   Oh the Memories!!   

I think PU board has 3-4 guys left.   They can take I think around 26-27 guys in this class with a few of them getting the mid year start like Karlaftis.  I am sure their will be some attrition as well.  

Guys Left:   Bell, Weaver (DE out of L'ville) Wandale Robinson, and Milton Wright.     all 4 star dudes.   

The Boilers had a safety commit today—solid dude.

Great win for the Boilers as I hoped they could win, but certainly wasn't expecting the thrashing they gave the Buckeyes

Ross Ade was ELECTRIC!!!    Had so much fun !!    Of course made it down to the field (it was an actual shortcut for us to cut across the field to where we parked haha)    That turf is unbelievably fast track.  So impressed with it.   

#4:  There goes that MAN AGAIN!!!!  

Blough leadership and response to coaching has been top notch.  

Give Holt another raise!!!   

Cannot wait to go back and watch reply and dive into media reports 

Will this game knock the Big 10 out of the playoffs again?  The Big 10 looks to be down this year.  I know Michigan only has one loss, but don’t have a big signature win.  

1 hour ago, meabull said:

Will this game knock the Big 10 out of the playoffs again?  The Big 10 looks to be down this year.  I know Michigan only has one loss, but don’t have a big signature win.  

They haven’t played OSU yet, and fortunately for them, Purdue is not on their schedule...

• Upvote 1

AWESOME win Purdue and fans. CONGRATS ladies and gentlemen. What a great win. 

Just an overall wonderful day for the Boilers. 

2 hours ago, meabull said:

The SEC is only getting one team in. Clemson seems like a lock to run the table. That would leave ND and 1 loss teams from the majors. Unless, this is the year an undefeated UCF can get in. It appears OSU and Michigan have a chance, but I rather not see another Big Ten team get humiliated by the SEC (Bama).

Great night to be a Boilermaker! I told my Boss (huge OSU fan from Columbus) last week that we had the offense to score on them, but I didn’t think our D could stop them. Great job by the the defense! Loved seeing the Ohio boy cap it off with a pick 6. 

Edited by Boilernation

Alabama is really scary this year.  ESPN’s picks currently are Bama, Clemson, LSU and Notre Dame.  Bobref should be happy!

Assuming Bama beats LSU, they think a two loss LSU is getting in. At that point I rather see an undefeated UCF get a chance. I hate to say it, but the path is definitely their for ND. Assuming they need to win out though with no Conf Chsmpionship game. 

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Assuming Bama beats LSU, they think a two loss LSU is getting in. At that point I rather see an undefeated UCF get a chance. I hate to say it, but the path is definitely their for ND. Assuming they need to win out though with no Conf Chsmpionship game. 

Excellent point on LSU.  I’m wondering if Texas might get in.  Bad loss to Maryland, but good win over Oklahoma.  

I was at game,  I re-watched game this morning, and watched BTN 60 min version tonight:   

The effort shown by the players was really intoxicating.  

Moore's night was amazing in person, but when watching how OSU attempted to take him away, yet still have a game he had is remarkable for someone who is playing their 7th college game of their lives. 

Knox embodies the Boilermaker Brohm era Spirit with each and every one of his runs, a violent quick footed guy who is so compact he is a nightmare in open field.   As seen here vs Illinois 

https://saturdaytradition.com/purdue-football/watch-purdues-dj-knox-crushes-defender-with-impressive-truck-hit/

Bailey and other LB/DBs open field tackling was so good as well.   So fundamentally strong.