Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2022

Irishman

I am shocked I did not start this topic sooner. That said @Gipper COULD have started it as well. 🤣

One of the more intriguing seasons is upon us. Adams is gone. The front office loaded up on defense. Bakhtiari is on the PUP list. Rodgers doing his best Nicholas Cage impersonation coming into camp. 

I think the Packers are still heavy favorites to win the division. 2nd place is a toss up, but I feel the Lions are going to surprise some people. 

Just saw this on my timeline and thought it was really funny. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdydDDbpP9u/?fbclid=IwAR3yd_OTlcFHlCkOguY3MSWnjgYvnrfJBvMb9-Wfs7aFl_toRgsexfRnqLE 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I am shocked I did not start this topic sooner. That said @Gipper COULD have started it as well. 🤣

One of the more intriguing seasons is upon us. Adams is gone. The front office loaded up on defense. Bakhtiari is on the PUP list. Rodgers doing his best Nicholas Cage impersonation coming into camp. 

I think the Packers are still heavy favorites to win the division. 2nd place is a toss up, but I feel the Lions are going to surprise some people. 

Just saw this on my timeline and thought it was really funny. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdydDDbpP9u/?fbclid=IwAR3yd_OTlcFHlCkOguY3MSWnjgYvnrfJBvMb9-Wfs7aFl_toRgsexfRnqLE 

11-6

41 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Very excited about the defense.  Losing Davante won’t be as bad as potentially missing Bakhtiari.

The positive about 69 is they played most of the season last season without him. But I really hope he can make it back. 

• Like 1

A couple of IU guys playing well tonight for the Niners. Sudfeld is getting a lot of reps at QB. The Niners also signed Marcelino McRary-Ball who had a nice pick on a deflected ball. 

The backups on defense for the Packers are very solid against the run. A couple DB’s look lost at times and they have given up two long TD plays.

On 8/11/2022 at 12:36 PM, Gipper said:

Won't happen.  Ever.

On a somewhat similar note, I was looking through the high school yearbook for a great uncle’s senior year on ancestry. He actually married our dad’s biological mother, but we always called him Uncle Leo. He is not in this picture, but this is the football team from 1913. Read the names……pretty cool

image.thumb.jpeg.6b23038a5c88688244f9feeab9700465.jpeg

On 8/13/2022 at 12:30 PM, Irishman said:

On a somewhat similar note, I was looking through the high school yearbook for a great uncle’s senior year on ancestry. He actually married our dad’s biological mother, but we always called him Uncle Leo. He is not in this picture, but this is the football team from 1913. Read the names……pretty cool

image.thumb.jpeg.6b23038a5c88688244f9feeab9700465.jpeg

Thanks for sharing, my grandmother also went to East--class of 1932.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gipper said:

I know it’s just the preseason, but Jordan Love is throwing too many picks.  I think Terre Haute’s own Danny Etling would be a much better backup and heir apparent to Aaron Rodgers.

He also missed a few that have been wide open. I agree about Etling. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This one was brutal. Way too many mistakes. How Jefferson was able to be so open most of the game is nuts. Rodgers only having Cobb as a veteran receiver hurt, but they tried throwing WAY too much. Jones was gashing them on the run. If Watson catches the ball on the opening drive, it may be a different game. That said, Green Bay has just not been good for several years now with the deep passing game. Rodgers struggles adapting to new receivers. That has always been the case. A veteran receiver though would know what to do when plays break down. They are not on the same page, and there is no excuse for that. They have been practicing for 6 weeks now. And Cobb just cannot get separation any more. The TE position gets the first completion in the 4th quarter? No screen game? The Vikings definitely came well prepared to play. Props to them for that. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:22 PM, Irishman said:

This one was brutal. Way too many mistakes. How Jefferson was able to be so open most of the game is nuts. Rodgers only having Cobb as a veteran receiver hurt, but they tried throwing WAY too much. Jones was gashing them on the run. If Watson catches the ball on the opening drive, it may be a different game. That said, Green Bay has just not been good for several years now with the deep passing game. Rodgers struggles adapting to new receivers. That has always been the case. A veteran receiver though would know what to do when plays break down. They are not on the same page, and there is no excuse for that. They have been practicing for 6 weeks now. And Cobb just cannot get separation any more. The TE position gets the first completion in the 4th quarter? No screen game? The Vikings definitely came well prepared to play. Props to them for that. 

I’m out of reactions but definitely agree

repeat of last year…came out incredibly flat  now there is a fire lit under their butts and the bears are coming into town 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m out of reactions but definitely agree

repeat of last year…came out incredibly flat  now there is a fire lit under their butts and the bears are coming into town 

What the heck is that supposed to mean?  You taking jabs at the futility of my Bears?? 😂

I think the Bears are 9.5 point dogs right now and that seems incredibly low for a pissed off AA-Ron.  My heart is with the Bears.  My money is with GB with that spread.

6 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

What the heck is that supposed to mean?  You taking jabs at the futility of my Bears?? 😂

I think the Bears are 9.5 point dogs right now and that seems incredibly low for a pissed off AA-Ron.  My heart is with the Bears.  My money is with GB with that spread.

Oh I’m a staunch bears hater

so much so that I have never started a single bears player on any of my fantasy football teams in the 10 years I’ve played.  

not a single one of em

i also have a shirt of Aaron Rodgers that says “I still own you” lol

wont find someone who hates the bears more than me 😂

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Oh I’m a staunch bears hater

so much so that I have never started a single bears player on any of my fantasy football teams in the 10 years I’ve played.  

not a single one of em

i also have a shirt of Aaron Rodgers that says “I still own you” lol

wont find someone who hates the bears more than me 😂

Lol that is some true commitment to the hate!  I can definitely respect that, I was the same about GB growing up because I had some cousins that were obnoxious Cheeseheads and they had plenty of opportunity back in the 90s to get their gigs in at me.  Hated them for 30-ish years.

Then my kid grew into a Cheesehead in the Rodgers Super Bowl era when he was 5-6 and I caved A LITTLE BIT and started watching games with him and even cheered occasionally. *shudder*  Unless they were playing Chicago, then I told him to take a leap. 😂

I have a feeling Rodgers will own the Bears until he retires. 

I have been hopeful that Amari would do well in Green Bay. His rookie year as a returner was a bit rough. he did not get many reps. he was targeted just 8 times. Maybe something shows up in film or on the practice field??? When they played KC and had him playing slot and ran the ball with him, I thought it was a good look. He is a strong kid and has good speed. It was a new wrinkle. But they did not run anything like it in game 1. Listening to this, I am guessing he does not get many looks now. One thing we have learned about A A Ron is he always chooses his words carefully. Often times there is more in what he does NOT say than there is in what he does say. Facial expressions are also a big factor in how he communicates. That said, there seems to be a problem between him and Amari. I have never been a fan of airing stuff in public if there are issues. 

Outside of the opening series on defense, the first half was about as good as it gets. Great to see Cobb more involved. Saw a couple screens that looked good. The run game is going well. Get a 3 and out to start the 2nd half and BAM mistakes start. Good job by the defense holding them to a FG. And another miscue on the next series.Still work to do. I love seeing Sammy Watkins get some good looks as well. 

Defense made big plays in the 2nd half. Tough call on the goal line for Fields. People are critical of him being in shotgun, but I think it gives him some view of where to go vs being under center. That said, if he is under center, does the defense go at him immediately? and leave room for montgomery to make a play? The defense did respond well after that stand. 

11 hours ago, Irishman said:

Outside of the opening series on defense, the first half was about as good as it gets. Great to see Cobb more involved. Saw a couple screens that looked good. The run game is going well. Get a 3 and out to start the 2nd half and BAM mistakes start. Good job by the defense holding them to a FG. And another miscue on the next series.Still work to do. I love seeing Sammy Watkins get some good looks as well. 

I agree, the first half was epic.  The offense got a little sloppy with both the fumble and the bad snap.  The goal line stand was monster.

• Like 1