Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2022

Irishman

Packers were out of sync most of the day and have been pretty much this season. It seems to be a mix of problems. The run game is way too good to not lean on it more than they do. The deep pass game has been bad for years now and they go to that way too often. The defense was out of place most of the 2nd half after a solid 1st half. 

On 10/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, Irishman said:

Packers were out of sync most of the day and have been pretty much this season. It seems to be a mix of problems. The run game is way too good to not lean on it more than they do. The deep pass game has been bad for years now and they go to that way too often. The defense was out of place most of the 2nd half after a solid 1st half. 

I heard a trade rumor: Chase Claypool for Amari Rodgers--thoughts?

I'm not giving up on this season.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I heard a trade rumor: Chase Claypool for Amari Rodgers--thoughts?

I'm not giving up on this season.

I am ok with it. I was happy when Green Bay drafted Rodgers, but it is clear there is something between the two Rodgerses.  I saw Claypool play at ND in person a few times. I have said many times, he made Ian Book look much better than he actually was. he showed glimpses of greatness with Roethlisberger. This may be a situation where a move for both of them may be exactly what each one needs. 

50 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I am ok with it. I was happy when Green Bay drafted Rodgers, but it is clear there is something between the two Rodgerses.  I saw Claypool play at ND in person a few times. I have said many times, he made Ian Book look much better than he actually was. he showed glimpses of greatness with Roethlisberger. This may be a situation where a move for both of them may be exactly what each one needs. 

Like you, I held out hope for Amari for as long as I could, but it's looking more and more like he's a kick returner only.  Aaron needs a legitimate deep ball threat, and since OBJ scares me (financially and mentally), Claypool could be the guy. 

Side note, going to Toby's Supper Club in Madison soon--I'll let you know how it goes.

7 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Like you, I held out hope for Amari for as long as I could, but it's looking more and more like he's a kick returner only.  Aaron needs a legitimate deep ball threat, and since OBJ scares me (financially and mentally), Claypool could be the guy. 

Side note, going to Toby's Supper Club in Madison soon--I'll let you know how it goes.

I think Doubs and Watson have good enough speed for being deep threats. I just do not think A A Ron can put it on anyone deep any more. His accuracy maxes out around 30 yards in my opinion. Granted, the throw to Watson was on target in week 1, but it just seems that is a rare thing. 

• Like 1

The offense seems to be going the wrong direction; so out of sync. Aaron Jones only has 4 touches? Because of post game comments last week maybe? if so, that is just petty. Get over yourself LaFleur. he is one of the best in the game. I was not aware that Rodgers injured the thumb on his throwing hand last week. He is taking some hits today. Strange to see those hits because of what got so much attention last week for being bad calls on toughing. So we do a complete 180 NOW???? They are VERY lucky to just be tied at this point. 

Props to the Jets D though, they are physical and are playing aggressive. 

I’m just saying….it’s so bad with the packers this year that all of my coworkers are showing up on time on mondays.

every year we have what is called “Packer flu” where guys call in or are late on mondays because they were at the bars watching the packer game….nope not this year lol  they are on time and not calling in.  Nothing to drink to except misery 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Yes he is

Horrible game for Green Bay; stupid penalties and still completely out of sync offensively. 

These old guys are not having good weeks at qb anywhere in the NFL. Dalton, Rodgers, Ryan, Brady.................

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

These old guys are not having good weeks at qb anywhere in the NFL. Dalton, Rodgers, Ryan, Brady.................

LIke I said in the NFL thread last week; the level of play overall is bad. The Bills are the closest to a consistently good team. 

something is off with the team. Again, they show they can run the ball, even against the Bills defense. Maybe Rodgers has too much freedom in changing plays? The defense just looks lost, especially in coverage. But it just seems like something off the field, or in the locker room is a problem. Winning games tends to hide some of that, but now that they are not winning it's noticeable. At this point, looking at the schedule, this team wins maybe 3 more games this season. 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

The main problem is that the team leader is an a$$hat and nobody wants to play for him.

Possibly.....but if that is the case, the players are doing a fantastic job of keeping it quiet. Even from the players who left, Greg Jennings is the only one to have said anything negative about him. 

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Possibly.....but if that is the case, the players are doing a fantastic job of keeping it quiet. Even from the players who left, Greg Jennings is the only one to have said anything negative about him. 

Nor do you hear his teammates talking about what a great leader he is, or a great example to younger players. I guess I’m “old school” in the sense that I believe the QB’s job includes being a team leader. Not just a supremely gifted thrower of the football … which he clearly is.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Nor do you hear his teammates talking about what a great leader he is, or a great example to younger players. I guess I’m “old school” in the sense that I believe the QB’s job includes being a team leader. Not just a supremely gifted thrower of the football … which he clearly is.

Fair point. He is not quite the same thrower he used to be. Even the Doubs catch last night was not a great throw. Rodgers has struggled for a few years now with the deep ball.

What I found curious last week is the comment he made about too many guys making mistakes, or something along those lines. One thing is certain is he is very intentional with what he says\, and even more so about what he does not say. At no time did he ever say anything like "myself included." 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Fair point. He is not quite the same thrower he used to be. Even the Doubs catch last night was not a great throw. Rodgers has struggled for a few years now with the deep ball.

What I found curious last week is the comment he made about too many guys making mistakes, or something along those lines. One thing is certain is he is very intentional with what he says\, and even more so about what he does not say. At no time did he ever say anything like "myself included." 

Back when the brouhaha about whether he would come back to the Packers was going on, Gutekunst basically said “we’ll do anything to keep him.” I think sucking up to him like they did was exactly the wrong tack to take with Rodgers’ personality. Basically, they enabled his “I, me, mine” mentality. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Back when the brouhaha about whether he would come back to the Packers was going on, Gutekunst basically said “we’ll do anything to keep him.” I think sucking up to him like they did was exactly the wrong tack to take with Rodgers’ personality. Basically, they enabled his “I, me, mine” mentality. 

I agree.....in fact I think even LaFleur gives him too much leeway. As the head coach, you cannot keep saying week after week we need to give Aaron Jones more carries and then give him fewer. Either he is not calling run plays, or he gives 12 way too much leeway to kill plays and call his own. LaFleur reminds me of a few coaches I have known who were "system guys". They know a system of offense. A system has rules against a 4 man front, a 3 man front, 2 high safeties, or single safety, etc. It does not take into account that a team might have Nick Bosa, or a lockdown corner, or a safety that has the ability to break on a ball like several the Packers have seen. The system says, if we see this, then this play works. And it just does not look like he ever makes any adjustments, just sticks to the system. 

Rodgers does not have time to throw, but route combos are still deep, and the safety valve is wide right or left when there is no one covering the middle of the field. They rarely stick with what works. Last week, they score a TD with a nice middle screen. No one saw it coming. They did not run it the rest of the game. Against the 9ers, I sat in an end zone. I know 12 saw 2 high safeties, but I am telling you, there were so many times Deguara ran up the hashes and was wide ass open, but did not even get a look. I think they threw one ball to him that whole game.