Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2022

Irishman

Brutal

The most telling point in this one; and it's the first time I have heard that he has said this; But Rodgers said he wants to be THE guy here; or  something to that effect. So, he wants to be THE playmaker. What I hear is he wants to throw the team to wins. he still thinks he can do that. And it appears that LaFleur is ok with it. This team is different though. Rodgers is STILL not on the same page as his receivers. Based on his comment, he is the one responsible for the lack of carries for Jones and Dillion. They could not run the ball today when they tried. Rodgers did look good at times, but 2 picks in the end zone were killers. The 3rd pick was bad too. Defense did enough to allow them to win. Bad penalties hurt, but they still had chances to win. 
So Rodgers has 2 more years on his current contract. And with LaFleur showing that Rodgers runs this team; it's going to be a long couple years. 

Thinking Rodgers and LaFleur need a lesson in coaching and seeing a bigger picture
1st & goal - Lions 5 yard line - 0 points

1st & goal - Lions 1 yard line - 0 points

1st & 10 - Lions 23 yard line - 0 points

1st & 10 - Lions 14 yard line - 3 points

1st & 10 - Lions 17 yard line - 0 points 

18 hours ago, Irishman said:

Thinking Rodgers and LaFleur need a lesson in coaching and seeing a bigger picture
1st & goal - Lions 5 yard line - 0 points

1st & goal - Lions 1 yard line - 0 points

1st & 10 - Lions 23 yard line - 0 points

1st & 10 - Lions 14 yard line - 3 points

1st & 10 - Lions 17 yard line - 0 points 

Frank Reich is now available.  Just saying..........................

• Haha 1

The Packers and the New Jersey Nets are great examples of what happens when management abdicates its responsibility and enables a player to, in essence, dictate the direction of the team. The Packers did it when they broke the bank for Rogers, strapping them unbearably at other positions, and then let him become the de facto offensive coordinator. The Nets did it when they let Kyrie Irving dictate when and where he would play. The result is two dysfunctional teams that have deteriorated from championship contenders to dumpster fires.

• Like 1

Had an exchange with someone on a fan page. 
Me: Honestly, I think 12 is calling the shots; not only going for it, but on play calls. He wants to believe he is still the player he was 10 years ago. MLF is letting him. And the fact that it is so obvious he and the receivers are not on the same page is a huge issue.

other fan: Nice fanfiction. Rodgers wouldnt be calling plays where only watkins is running a route and everyone else is setting up blocks.

Me stating the OBVIOUS: Nice fanfiction. Rodgers wouldnt be calling plays where only watkins is running a route and everyone else is setting up blocks.

🤣 at it being completely obvious that a run play WAS called.

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Would Baker Mayfield look good in Green & Gold?

Discuss.

I think not lol Just something about him seems to be off. 

It did bring to mind another thought. I Think LaFleur's system is geared toward Rodgers' ability and skill set. I am not sure another QB can just be plugged into the system. LafLeur and Rodgers are tied to each other too much, and if anything happens to either one, or if there is some wedge driven between them, things get much worse than they are. 

6 hours ago, Gipper said:

🙂

Thanks for your insight, I'm still scratching my head at what went wrong.

I think it's a natural progression of what I mentioned earlier; MLF let 12 get away too much, never really challenged him on anything he did or said. In some sense, I get it to an extent, but you are still the head coach. Now, 12 has decided it's all on him for the team to succeed. Far too often, he is talking about people not doing their jobs, but never says anything like 'myself included'. D Coordinators have figured out how to stop them, like they always do to systems that don't change much in 4 years. 

• Thanks 1

Heard a guy on the radio today say “If the Packers don’t play Jordan Love in at least 4 — preferably 6 — games this season, it’s GM malpractice.” They have to decide on his option year. His solution: trade Rogers, knowing with his contract, you’re not going to get much back for him.

That was a different Packers team. I was expecting the worst, and they kept themselves in the game. Rodgers to Watson was fun to watch. Overall, the offense played well. There were still some misses, in the run and the pass game. I think we are seeing a growing issue between MLF and 12. It was not the first time we saw Rodgers bitch at the head coach, and likely won't be the last. This late in the relationship, I am not sure much can be done to repair it. LaFleur may try, but once Rodgers cuts someone off, I don't believe he looks back. 

I will be curious to see how the team responds to a big win like this. 

I think we can stick a fork in the Packers for this season. The real question now is: Is it time to start Jordan Love and really see what he can do before deciding on his 5th year option? If so, it will be fascinating to see how The Spoiled One reacts to that. My guess is badly.

More drama as this unfolds. Just like the drama in recent years, it will be a distraction in the locker room. If this gets worse…..and in the words of Clark W. Griswold Jr., “worse? How can it get any worse? We are on the threshold  of hell”, Rodgers will retire. I think it is clear the relationship between him and LaFleur is fractured. Maybe Rodgers stays another year just to piss LaFleur off? I can see that happening too. If he does, I think both he and LaFleur are done after that. As far as Love goes, I am not so sure that he is the next guy. I look for them to move him. There is some good QB talent coming up on the collegiate level. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

More drama as this unfolds. Just like the drama in recent years, it will be a distraction in the locker room. If this gets worse…..and in the words of Clark W. Griswold Jr., “worse? How can it get any worse? We are on the threshold  of hell”, Rodgers will retire. I think it is clear the relationship between him and LaFleur is fractured. Maybe Rodgers stays another year just to piss LaFleur off? I can see that happening too. If he does, I think both he and LaFleur are done after that. As far as Love goes, I am not so sure that he is the next guy. I look for them to move him. There is some good QB talent coming up on the collegiate level. 

It’s looking like pretty much any relationship with Rodgers ends up fractured… unless it’s Pat MacAfee. 🤣 Any possibility of trading Rodgers? His cap hit is enormous, but somebody looking for a QB to get over the hump might be willing to pay it for a grab at the brass ring. But with that contract, the Packers are not going to get much in return.

As for the strategy of drafting a QB, the consensus seems to be that what was once thought of as a treasure trove of QB talent in the draft is now looking more like Young, Stroud, and everyone else is just meh.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

It’s looking like pretty much any relationship with Rodgers ends up fractured… unless it’s Pat MacAfee. 🤣 Any possibility of trading Rodgers? His cap hit is enormous, but somebody looking for a QB to get over the hump might be willing to pay it for a grab at the brass ring. But with that contract, the Packers are not going to get much in return.

Hmm, what NFL team has had the habit over the last 3-4 seasons of signing aging quarterbacks in the hope it will 'get them over the hump'?     A clue: Their team colors are Blue and White.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobref said:

As for the strategy of drafting a QB, the consensus seems to be that what was once thought of as a treasure trove of QB talent in the draft is now looking more like Young, Stroud, and everyone else is just meh.

Just ask Danica!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy Fields played well and made solid progress throwing the ball downfield. The 1st INT was clearly on the WR for not getting out of his break on a perfectly thrown ball. I'm happy the Bears retained their hold on the #2 pick. I'm not happy the Bears lost to Rodgers, again. And of course he taunted the fans like always and it was painful to watch as always. I'm also not happy Getsy focuses on the run at times when Fields was really cooking throwing the ball down field. Getsy went way too conservate in the play calling when the Bears could have put their foot on the Packers throat. Almost fealt like the Bears wanted to compete but not win. 

• 3 weeks later...