Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bobref

Urban Meyer Death Watch

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

I would not say the vast majority. I don’t see anything wrong with a nice polo and khaki pants. 

Not professional.  A polo and khakis are "business casual" at best, ok for practices, film sessions, etc.  But during the weekly "main event"?

25 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I concur.  Football is a game and games should be fun.

Unfortunately football at many levels is now a business, with profit/loss driving the decisions.

41 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Not professional.  A polo and khakis are "business casual" at best, ok for practices, film sessions, etc.  But during the weekly "main event"?

Unfortunately football at many levels is now a business, with profit/loss driving the decisions.

Not for this cowboy.

17 hours ago, bowwowindy1 said:

He's about as far from being a Bro coach as could be.  He has very little relationship with his players, other than a select few once their on campus.  Most don't know him closely at all.  The outside perception, which they create, is very different then reality.

Clearly you missed the mark on my message to DT about the Venn diagram continuum between the loathed Bro coach in his life vs this new term he put out there, Thug Coach 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bobref said:

I certainly have better things to do than read the lengthy report ... as I’m sure you do. I based my opinions not on media reports, but on the presentation I watched by the lead investigator, who stated the significant conclusions they reached. Frankly, it’s not important enough to me to spend any more time than that on it.

I am closer to it than most so yes I've read it.  It is not an enjoyable read by any stretch but there is a convincing conclusion in my mind of falling on the right side of right.  There's questions it creates, but not questions concerning anything egregious to overshadow the nature, the integrity or the findings of the report.  

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Clearly you missed the mark on my message to DT about the Venn diagram continuum between the loathed Bro coach in his life vs this new term he put out there, Thug Coach 

No I get you on that and I probably should have just posted my statement.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/30/sports/ohio-state-trustee-resigns-urban-meyer.html

An Ohio State trustee has resigned, saying a three-game suspension of the football coach Urban Meyer should have been more “profound” for his mishandling of domestic violence accusations against an assistant coach and for tolerating years of the assistant’s misbehavior.

The trustee, Jeffrey Wadsworth, said in an interview on Thursday that he stepped down from the board shortly after the university announced Mr. Meyer’s punishment last week.

“I didn’t feel that I’d seen high-integrity behavior,” Mr. Wadsworth said of Mr. Meyer.

He said he was the “lone voice” of dissent in advocating for a harsher punishment, but declined to specify what he proposed or to speak in great detail about the closed-door negotiations, saying he wanted to respect the confidential words of board members.

“Most people were concerned about whether it was a several-game suspension or not,” he said.

“To me,” he added, “there was something altogether wrong about reducing it to a couple of games.”

The inquiry also found that Mr. Meyer had sought to delete records from his cellphone. And it found that Mr. Smith’s behavior, including failure to pay cellphone bills, a stint in rehab for substance abuse and “promiscuous and embarrassing sexual behavior” raised several other red flags. Mr. Smith has denied ever abusing his former wife, who made the allegations.

Investigators found discrepancies between Mr. Meyer’s account of some events and others’, and in at least one instance suggested that Mr. Meyer had lied to them.

“You read the report,” Mr. Wadsworth said, “and there’s seven or eight things about emails, memory loss, hearing things five times, and to me, that raised an issue of standards, values — not how many games someone should be suspended for.”

On 8/27/2018 at 4:53 PM, Gipper said:

Although I'm not much of a ND fan (despite my Catholic upbringing), I will say that they are the gold standard with regard to integrity.

Then how could they employ such a scumbag for a coach?

I have never thought of Kelly as one,  but his job is about as high stakes as they come.  Therefore he may have acted in ways that people deem “scummy”, but since I pay very little attention to his actions, I do not consider myself as someone needs to cast stones.

Edited by DrivenT

OSU is totally tone deaf and missing the mark.  I guess winning football games has replaced being human in Columbus.  I know we're on a football thread, but there should be more to life than this.

Bottom line:  Meyer is back on the sideline.  What's the point of arguing over it now?  What is fake news and what is real?  It doesn't matter what your opinion of him is.  The season continues.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, itiswhatitis said:

Bottom line:  Meyer is back on the sideline.  What's the point of arguing over it now?  What is fake news and what is real?  It doesn't matter what your opinion of him is.  The season continues.

#TrumpEffect

Just now, Coach Ellenwood said:

#TrumpEffect

LOL  How about Bill Clinton effect?  He got away with balling a chick in the oval office and where were all of the torch bearers then? 

17 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

LOL  How about Bill Clinton effect?  He got away with balling a chick in the oval office and where were all of the torch bearers then? 

I am a YUGE Trump supporter.  It was a joke about Trump unveiling all this fake media stuff!

I am 100% w you on the ole "slick willie".

clearly you all have missed the mark, though they were referencing Penn St white out,   you'd think some common sense would of occurred prior to releasing the graphic, other ways to do that and they deserved to get scrutinized every step of the way.   

Goes deeper than football game and he is back coaching.   

I guess when one puts common sense to something...like oh yeah, it's football season, your playing a huge game against Penn State, at their place, where there's the white out, and you're referencing silence the crowd...the last thing you think about it silence the noise regarding Urban.  Oh yeah, unless you're a hater.

Edited by bowwowindy1

I mean I get it, but it just seems overly sensitive to me.  It obviously wasn't created to mean anything other than what it says on the surface.  So are we allowed to say "Beat Penn State" or are we not ready for that either?  Now if it was made with Urban doing it, yeah, bad taste. 

And too sensitive like Shelley Meyer making public comments about the "Urban Liar" shirt that's being promoted for the game.  Really, your sensitive to that...really?  You must not have read much during his time off because people were saying way worse.  Has she not paid attention to how many people where Much Fichigan shirts every year.  Far more crude of a statement to be put on a shirt.  

• Thanks 1