Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Knight82

Indiana Football Digest Preseason Rankings 3A-2A-1A

3 minutes ago, kingtut said:

I'm sure that anomaly with North Central will be corrected as the season progresses.  NC could be pretty good in their own back yard but...  Hopefully Linton will correct their omission from the polls as well.

Hearing a lot of good things about NC since I posted that comment.  Southridge, and Sullivan on the road the first 2 weeks will be tough.  Still wondering who the QB is going to be for the Miners.  Can't make the scrimmage tomorrow night.  Will have to read about it on here or in the Daily World.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Hearing a lot of good things about NC since I posted that comment.  Southridge, and Sullivan on the road the first 2 weeks will be tough.  Still wondering who the QB is going to be for the Miners.  Can't make the scrimmage tomorrow night.  Will have to read about it on here or in the Daily World.

There have been other years when NC was getting some hype.  However, lack of creativity on offense has held them back in many instances.  They've had some nice players over the last 5-6 years.  During that time span, have they ever beat anyone who had equal or better talent?  Not sold on their schemes, especially on offense......but more than that......not sold on their efficiency within their schemes   With that being said,  they do have talent returning, and they could win their sectional by default.  Not a tough sectional at all.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, Fine Print said:

Triton in the top 15... who would of thought that could happen a year ago!!?  Prior to the 2017 season, Triton had won only 13 games this entire decade!  But the Trojans do return a pre-season all-state QB and WR combination from a team that averaged 30 ppg last year.  Hopes are high in Bourbon.  With 3 of the first 6 games being against LaVille, Bremen and Pioneer, it won't take long to figure out what kind of team we have.

Congrats to Triton on the early season love! Best of luck this year, except against Bremen :17_v:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

There have been other years when NC was getting some hype.  However, lack of creativity on offense has held them back in many instances.  They've had some nice players over the last 5-6 years.  During that time span, have they ever beat anyone who had equal or better talent?  Not sold on their schemes, especially on offense......but more than that......not sold on their efficiency within their schemes   With that being said,  they do have talent returning, and they could win their sectional by default.  Not a tough sectional at all.

Not a triple option guy huh........

I would take that offense than any silly Spread/RPO   

But hey I am double tight Single Wing Gun type of fella   

:17_v:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/7/2018 at 2:12 PM, Fine Print said:

Triton in the top 15... who would of thought that could happen a year ago!!?  Prior to the 2017 season, Triton had won only 13 games this entire decade!  But the Trojans do return a pre-season all-state QB and WR combination from a team that averaged 30 ppg last year.  Hopes are high in Bourbon.  With 3 of the first 6 games being against LaVille, Bremen and Pioneer, it won't take long to figure out what kind of team we have.

I feel like I need to cheer for any team from a town named Bourbon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Not a triple option guy huh........

I would take that offense than any silly Spread/RPO   

But hey I am double tight Single Wing Gun type of fella   

:17_v:

Doesn't matter to me what type of scheme you run, as long as you do so with efficiency, are technically sound, and play to the strength of your personnel.  Heritage Hills ran double tight bone for years, and they did it very well.  They also had some creative wrinkles, were technically sound, and would make you pay if you weren't.  So no, I have no problem with whatever offense.  Experience against NC says that is not the case......

• Upvote 1

Interesting to see three WRC schools listed.  Not to be a pessimist, but I'm not sure FC and Covington are ranked correctly.  I wrote this at the end of last year about the Falcons from North Vermillion.  I still think they will battle for the top spot in the WRC, so seeing them projected at 4th or lower is intriguing.  

Years ago I had this season circled for NV, partly due to the team and also the playoff road.  They were projected to have three 3-year starters on the OL, coupled with a few very promising soon-to-be juniors.  The skill positions were primed to be in great shape, with a few long and athletic wideouts and a scat-back that had some shimmy.  Ellis can spin it and Cookie is a great compliment back, with Myers emerging last season as a contributor.  Unfortunately, of the players/positions mentioned, four are no longer putting on the shoulder pads.  I still look for NV to compete for the top spot in the WRC, but that's a little displaced from the Regional/Semi-State run that I predicted in 2016.  I hope they prove me wrong.  The sectional and regional do align quite nicely for a little run if the ball bounces NV's way.

Yeah im a little corn fused here on the 1a rankings myself. But hey thats why they pkay the games. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, Joe Kane said:

Did they line up in the human centipede (3 backs in the I-formation) with the RB 10-11 yards off of the ball?  That was always my favorite.

Maryland I?

On 8/7/2018 at 12:55 PM, Gloryroad said:

Really surprised Adams Central isnt ranked in 1A. They bring back lots of experience from their 2017 Conference Championship team including one of best RBs in Northeast Indiana.

Have to find some linemen to fill some big shoes. Drew Schultz the battering ram FB graduated.

So this poll indicates that Pioneer would repeat as state champions.

LaVille will win Class 1A Sectional 41 .... and would play Triton in the Sectional 41 sectional final.

Looks like a lot of love for the Hoosier North Athletic Conferencee!

Question: What is the criteria for how these class poll's are determined?

Anyone able to shed some light?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

hmmm..maybe I'm biased because we are in that sectional..but it seems pretty tough to me! The 2017 State Runner-up in Eastern Greene...A senior dominated..physical..talented team in North Central ...WW could make some noise by tourney time(if we stay healthy and the young guys keep getting better...only 5 seniors on the roster)….Valley and Tecumseh are two other programs with great tradition..I guess time will tell …..Best of luck to ALL in Week 1!!!

13 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

typically in 1st polls of the year, whether AP/IFCA/INPREPS  they give some love to the defending champ and runner up from the year before.  

My guess IFCA #1 teams this week will be

1a: Pioneer

2a:  Southridge

3a:  Memorial 

4a:  East Central

5a:  Columbus East

6a:  Ben Davis

13 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

typically in 1st polls of the year, whether AP/IFCA/INPREPS  they give some love to the defending champ and runner up from the year before.  

My guess IFCA #1 teams this week will be

1a: Pioneer

2a:  Southridge

3a:  Memorial 

4a:  East Central

5a:  Columbus East

6a:  Ben Davis

You actually count INPREPs as a reputable poll?  I don't say that in a smart :p kind of way....I don't know anyone down south that does is why I ask.

4 hours ago, Billybarty said:

Don't  sleep on South Adams 1A.

Should be pretty good this year and definitely the next couple of years.

What am I missing with Fountain Central that has everyone chomping at the bit?  #2 here and then #4 in the coaches poll that I just read.  Severely low numbers were/are expected in the program.  Coaching change.  What gives for such high anticipation?

Tradition?   

We landed #8 in 2a, but lost 94% of our offensive production.....  lots of new players coming through.   Traditionally successful teams usually get some early season votes, by week 4 it shakes out pretty good 

24 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Tradition?   

We landed #8 in 2a, but lost 94% of our offensive production.....  lots of new players coming through.   Traditionally successful teams usually get some early season votes, by week 4 it shakes out pretty good 

My guess is that some knowledge of the coaching staff comes in to play ... for example, the letter-picking acumen of the coaching staff. :13_v:

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2018 at 9:48 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

So this poll indicates that Pioneer would repeat as state champions.

LaVille will win Class 1A Sectional 41 .... and would play Triton in the Sectional 41 sectional final.

Looks like a lot of love for the Hoosier North Athletic Conferencee!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Honestly, though. Sectionals is a long way away. Many of the teams in that sectional bring back a lot of experience. We all know that this sectional will have a lot of turn around seeing that each and every team will play against 5-6 of the opponents in it. I do not think you can put a prediction on sectional 41 just yet until the first round to see who the opponents are. I honestly think that it is Triton, LaVille, Winamac and NJSP's to lose this year. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:32 AM, cowboy08 said:

Sheridan is much better than 12 IMHO.

Webo should be solid in 2A this year but Sheridan looked very limited on offense against to them losing 12-50.  The first score was one of their few attempted passes of the game and the other was a returned kickoff.  After Webo put in their JV in the fourth, Sheridan still couldn’t move the ball with their varsity.