Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A sectional alignment

I noticed the thread on sectional alignments. Figured it would be easier if we separate it out a bit to prevent us from digging through pages to find 3A material 

Sectional 32 for all the hype of “getting easier” seemingly didn’t live up to all the hype. That’s just my thought 

I’m not advocating for this in no way possible. But....if I’m not mistaken...Princeton and GS COULD meet in the semi state game if both teams were to be fortunate enough to advance as far....

crazy to think 2 county rivals separated by 12 or so miles could be playing each other at semi state  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lysander said:

For the record, I'd simply suggest they also put Evansville Memorial and Gibson Southern in Sectional 28.

Seems to be the point....

If GS and EM were in 28 heads would blow up in anger.  Having some of the best teams over the past decade in an unnatural sectional...big oof

1 minute ago, btownqbcoach said:

I was only one off in my prediction for sectional 28. I actually think they did a pretty good job of putting the sectionals together, I just don't understand why 30 and 31 aren't flip flopped for their regional match ups. oh well. 

It’s hard, if not impossible, to keep everybody happy.  There’s always going to be a bad call or draw: I call it life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Wanna trade?  Not that I am not happy about ours....but...you get the point.,

I'm strictly talking geography. I think what they did makes sense. (although sectional 30 and 31 should flip flop numbers lol) You guys and Princeton in different regionals is kind of crazy. 

28 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

Elbridge Gerry would be proud!

3A Comparison.pdf 328.61 kB · 3 downloads

It's pretty obvious a completely different strategy was employed.  You...like most of us, assumed there would be some historical president.  Nope.

1 minute ago, btownqbcoach said:

I'm strictly talking geography. I think what they did makes sense. (although sectional 30 and 31 should flip flop numbers lol) You guys and Princeton in different regionals is kind of crazy. 

North and South travel routes where the norm before (ie HWY 41 corridor).  Now it seems I 64 matters.