Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2022

DumfriesYMCA

9 hours ago, temptation said:

This one’s on Brohm…

You had three drives to end the game…and continued to throw.

If you give a team three possessions in the final 5 minutes, the likelihood of them cashing in is pretty damn high.

Agree....horrific clock management, unless they felt they really couldn't move the ball on the ground.  Everytime the clock would stop on O with an incomplete pass, I would just cringe....

21 minutes ago, Gipper said:

On Brohm?  Did he commit penalties?  Make no-calls against Penn State?

No.

Poor tackling (fundamentals) and bonehead penalties/mistakes (discipline) is absolutely an extension of the head coach. That coupled with some pretty terrible clock management to end both halves cost Purdue dearly. That is absolutely on Brohm.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

you weren't there in my guess so you would have no of knowing.

It did seem the officials allowed Penn State DB's to grab and hold a bunch....even announcers repeatedly highlighted and commented about this.  But, it wasn't the calls that did them in....a factor, but not nearly as big as decisions and execution in other facets of the game.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Poor tackling (fundamentals) and bonehead penalties/mistakes (discipline) is absolutely an extension of the head coach. That coupled with some pretty terrible clock management to end both halves cost Purdue dearly. That is absolutely on Brohm.

The repeated missed tackles on the TE rambling for the TD with 2 secs on the clock prior to the end of the first half was unforgiveable.  

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

It did seem the officials allowed Penn State DB's to grab and hold a bunch....even announcers repeatedly highlighted and commented about this.  But, it wasn't the calls that did them in....a factor, but not nearly as big as decisions and execution in other facets of the game.

They did miss some holds/PI on Penn State as their DB's played physical all night, but they missed a blatant defensive holding call against Reese Taylor on PSU's second to last drive on 3rd and 10.

As a defender, if you know the qb has a go to receiver, especially, a long-time bro from back home, you know his tendency in tight situations is to go to the well too often, making it easier to defend. Only completed half of passes. 

As far as Brohm, the overly aggressive offensive calls remind me of former Illinois coach Mike White. 

1 minute ago, ragdoll said:

As a defender, if you know the qb has a go to receiver, especially, a long-time bro from back home, you know his tendency in tight situations is to go to the well too often, making it easier to defend. Only completed half of passes. 

As far as Brohm, the overly aggressive offensive calls remind me of former Illinois coach Mike White. 

I'm still at a loss over all of the pass plays in the late 4th--King Dorue was having a decent game.

I think Brohm messed up!  Throwing the ball, up three, with less than 5 minutes to play is okay, if you're throwing safe passes.  Throwing the ball deep on most plays was just not good, imo.  I guess he just doesn't believe he has a running game.  They didn't run much the entire game.  You need a bit of balance.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Bobref said:

No comments at all on yesterday’s tough loss? I didn’t see the game. But a friend of mine was convinced the Boilers got jobbed by the zebras. Of course, he’s a crazy Purdue fan … and not all that rational otherwise, either.

Purdue just can’t get out of its own way. Should easily be 3-0.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Purdue just can’t get out of its own way. Should easily be 3-0.

Agreed. 30 yards of penalties after scoring go ahead TD is completely absurd!!! The refs had some AWFUL calls go against Purdue, especially the reverse of the fumble that would have given Purdue the ball with a chance to score at the end of the 2nd quarter. At the end of the day Purdue had a PAT blocked, missed a makeable FG, and committed 30 yards worth of personal foul penalties after scoring the go ahead points with less than a minute to go. That gave Syracuse the ball at the 50 yards line for their final drive. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but Purdue didn't have any DB's back guarding the goal line on the final play. You can't get let a WR get behind the secondary on the post corner with less than 20 seconds to go in the game.

20 hours ago, Bobref said:

No comments at all on yesterday’s tough loss? I didn’t see the game. But a friend of mine was convinced the Boilers got jobbed by the zebras. Of course, he’s a crazy Purdue fan … and not all that rational otherwise, either.

I would have something to say, but I am NOT an unbiased nor unaffiliated observer in this particular topic.  I am exercizing some self-control here and keeping my mouth 99% shut for a change!  😁

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gipper said:

There were some horrendous calls IMO. but Purdue also needs to play within control a lot more.

As in not being so worried about the Syracuse DB that talked trash all game? Durham was so bothered by him that he picked up a 15 yards personal fout penalty after the go ahead TD so he could talk trash to that Syracuse DB. 

41 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

As in not being so worried about the Syracuse DB that talked trash all game? Durham was so bothered by him that he picked up a 15 yards personal fout penalty after the go ahead TD so he could talk trash to that Syracuse DB. 

We all just need to get along😁

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

so frustrating the lack of Discipline (that is on CJB) cost the Boilers to be sitting 5-0 and probably inside the top 15 right now.   

Big 10 West up for grabs after a HUGE win on the road vs the boat rower!! 

The Minnesota team that showed up Saturday did not appear in their previous four games.  Unrecognizable. Equally, they likely expected the Purdue team that barely held on to beat those CUSA juggernauts, Florida Atlantic at Ross-Ade. That's the same FAU that went on to give up 45 points to the Mean Green of North Texas on Saturday.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

The Minnesota team that showed up Saturday did not appear in their previous four games.  Unrecognizable. Equally, they likely expected the Purdue team that barely held on to beat those CUSA juggernauts, Florida Atlantic at Ross-Ade. That's the same FAU that went on to give up 45 points to the Mean Green of North Texas on Saturday.

Never apologize for an ugly win.  NEVER.

PJ’s boat was full of overconfidence once they became ranked…dude (like Tom Allen) has great mottos and one liners but with little substance to back them up.

They might still be the best team out west but that’s not saying much.

23 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

To be fair, Minnesota hadn’t played a soul prior to their game with Purdue (outside a vastly overrated MSU team) and were without their two best offensive players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

To be fair, Minnesota hadn’t played a soul prior to their game with Purdue (outside a vastly overrated MSU team) and were without their two best offensive players.

Purdue best defensive player hasn't played since Penn St.   Their starting RT career ending Back Injury, their starting Running Back hasn't played in 2 weeks either.   Their QB has broken ribs and played last week on the road in the B10 after sitting last week.  

Agree on Boat Rower schedule being very blah thus far.  Purdue's 2 losses to Penn St. and Undefeated #22 Cuse, ( though their reality check is coming soon is my guess) and both within last minutes.   

I look at the products on the field, just seems like Boilers have tangible and sustainable progress and are not on a roller coaster ride.  

4 hours ago, ragdoll said:

forgot to mention their QB didn't play which vastly changed their game plan, however, no doubt they did not play their best football but WON the game.  Sign of stable program.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Purdue best defensive player hasn't played since Penn St.   Their starting RT career ending Back Injury, their starting Running Back hasn't played in 2 weeks either.   Their QB has broken ribs and played last week on the road in the B10 after sitting last week.  

Agree on Boat Rower schedule being very blah thus far.  Purdue's 2 losses to Penn St. and Undefeated #22 Cuse, ( though their reality check is coming soon is my guess) and both within last minutes.   

I look at the products on the field, just seems like Boilers have tangible and sustainable progress and are not on a roller coaster ride.  

forgot to mention their QB didn't play which vastly changed their game plan, however, no doubt they did not play their best football but WON the game.  Sign of stable program.  

The transitive property has very little bearing.  I think with the emergence of Mockobee, Charlie Jones'  receiving, and an improving defense all bode well for the Boilers.  Nowhere to go but up.

Edited by Gipper

57 minutes ago, Gipper said:

The transitive property has very little bearing.  I think with the emergence of Mockobee, Charlie Jones'  receiving, and an improving defense all bode well for the Boilers.  Nowhere to go but up.

Unless Jeff Brohm gets in the way...