Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2022

DumfriesYMCA

On 10/8/2022 at 4:06 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

knock I've heard which I just hate hearing is that major programs didn't know how to really evaluate Mockabee because of the smallish school he played for down south, seemed silly to me, especially with his track success, you know he is just a freak of an athlete.   Glad he chose the Boilers.   I think Dowing was a Carmel kid who took scholly to UNLV, for a year and then came back.  

I wonder how much the covid years as log jammed some positions that would normally be scholly kids that just have to wait a year.??

Mockabee was the first walk-on I've ever been excited about getting. I was honestly expecting him to be a high 3-star, low 4-star player with all of his track success and what-not. COVID probably limited his recruiting and camp exposure.

I figured he would get a few looks with the depth being so thin at RB, I just didn't think that he would be this good so quickly.

Some kids are just ATHLETES, it doesn't matter what school they played for or who they played. Mockobee, Big George, Coy Cronk. Jack Kiser, the Anthrops, and Nick Zachary are just a few that come to mind. 

• Like 2

Then again I did discover new bars and restaurants in Madtown.  Great stadium, good fans, but the city itself is much bigger than West Lafayette or Bloomington and the set-up of the campus is a little different.  But overall it was a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the never ending gut punch of being a Purdue fan. I thought the Wisconsin loss was predictable and expected. Didn't see this one coming. Of course we would be the one time Iowa could move the ball on and dominate. Of course....

Edited by Boilernation

12 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

This is the never ending gut punch of being a Purdue fan. I thought the Wisconsin loss was predictable and expected. Didn't see this one coming. Of course we would be the one time Iowa could move the ball on and dominate. Of course....

You get the feeling that Brohm already has one foot out the door? He had two weeks to prepare for Iowa and came up with that game plan? Something isn’t adding up.

Purdue was gifted with such a dream schedule that anything less than 8-4 would have to feel like a major disappointment. Very real chance Purdue is .500 with two games left on the schedule after next week.

20 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You get the feeling that Brohm already has one foot out the door? He had two weeks to prepare for Iowa and came up with that game plan? Something isn’t adding up.

Purdue was gifted with such a dream schedule that anything less than 8-4 would have to feel like a major disappointment. Very real chance Purdue is .500 with two games left on the schedule after next week.

No idea. And honestly, would he still be considered an attractive candidate? All I've ever heard is that his family absolutely loves living in West Lafayette. Maybe this is our reality. Landed a coach this is consistantly in the 5-8 win range. 

On 11/6/2022 at 12:28 PM, Footballking16 said:

No one gave the coaching staff the weather report...... or.......they still decided to try those throws anyway. Also, going all season long, bro ball, putting way too much emphasis on looking for one player is much easier for teams to defend.

It's very likely, only become to sacrificial lamb to Michigan or Ohio State the following week.  Although an 8-4 record and a Citrus or ReliaQuest (formerly Outback) Bowl berth is desired. it may have to come at the expense of playing one of the two...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Could be the last ride for Brohm and company in W. LA,   If so, thanks Coach and hope they keep the momentum going 

looking forward to Saturday 

Where is Brohm going?

Also, Charlie Jones got absolutely ROBBED in the B10 offensive WR awards...

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Where is Brohm going?

Also, Charlie Jones got absolutely ROBBED in the B10 offensive WR awards...

Agreed on Jones. Yeah, @Coach Nowlin, can you unpack your comment regarding Brohm? Also, I've mentally prepared myself for a massacre on Saturday. Oh well. I'll still enjoy watching Purdue on the big stage.

Edited by Boilernation

25 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I think we all know there is only 1 job in America that he will not say no a 2nd time to. 

Will there even be an opening?  I mean, the Cards went 8-4 this year and if 2022 did not prove that the path to a conference title/playoff/NY6 appearance is better in the Big Ten than the ACC, nothing will.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Wanna bet they didn't got 8-4?   

They lost to Boston College 

They have a chance to bring the Prodigal son home, there will be a lot of boosters BEGGIN for this to happen 

7-5.  My bad.

You seem like it is a done deal?

Edited by temptation