Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2022

DumfriesYMCA

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Haha, my bad pal, look, I wanted nothing but the best for our Boilers, reality is they are truly UP against it, which if fine, take the tail kicking, and move on, I know they will really try hard, but worry once it gets out of hand, the white flag shall be raised

Also, forgot about Burton, he was named the defacto starter.    

You're right about Brees. I misunderstood the headline earlier today. Probably just a two week operation. 

• Like 1

I still maintain that both Wisconsin and Nebraska hit home runs with their recent coaching hires and for the Boilers sake I hope they did too.

The west took a step towards legitimacy this month and narrowed the gap on the east.  

I know there has been talk about scrapping divisions but with USC/UCLA coming on board soon, this could be very interesting down the road.

12 hours ago, temptation said:

I still maintain that both Wisconsin and Nebraska hit home runs with their recent coaching hires and for the Boilers sake I hope they did too.

The west took a step towards legitimacy this month and narrowed the gap on the east.  

I know there has been talk about scrapping divisions but with USC/UCLA coming on board soon, this could be very interesting down the road.

The million dollar question: Which is the bigger home run?

5 hours ago, BTF said:

The million dollar question: Which is the bigger home run?

I would say Nebraska since their coach has already proved his worth at Baylor after rebuilding Temple. Fickell had the benefit of coaching an NFL laden roster when running Ohio State. I'm not 100% sold he's going to succeed at Wisconsin. I think he can, but time will tell. 

Edited by Boilernation

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

I would say Nebraska since their coach has already proved his worth at Baylor after rebuilding Temple. Fickell had the benefit of coaching an NFL laden roster when running Ohio State. I'm not 100% sold he's going to succeed at Wisconsin. I think he can, but time will tell. 

To clarify, I think he'll be good. But legitimately competing for Big Ten titles good on a consistant basis, I'll wait and see. 

43 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yikes…not surprising…but yikes.

Well this just F'n sucks. I've been excited for this kid to be QB1. Have to wonder if he and Harrell didn't gel or Harrell wasn't sold on Allen and wanted to work the portal himself. Or, the the last of the Brohm clan that was allowed to stay in WL for some idiotic reason is in his hear about going to Louisville or wherever Brian Brohm may land. 

10 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Well this just F'n sucks. I've been excited for this kid to be QB1. Have to wonder if he and Harrell didn't gel or Harrell wasn't sold on Allen and wanted to work the portal himself. Or, the the last of the Brohm clan that was allowed to stay in WL for some idiotic reason is in his hear about going to Louisville or wherever Brian Brohm may land. 

If I were an IU/Purdue fan I would be absolutely sick at the amount of QB talent we have had walk out the door as of late.