Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Verified Helicopter Football Sightings 2022

I remember in jr high chasing down the Friday night lights crew at a West Washington game and being in back ground of every shot acting like a total idiot. Was a great time. Can't remember for life of me who we were playing. Fred Cowgil at CBS has been to WW a few times of last couple seasons for team profiles/team of the week stuff but have seen the old midgame chopper landing in the field in a long time. 

9 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Most of the Indianapolis TV stations don't even have sports segments any more.  You don't see the Indians, Fuel or Fever reported about on TV.  It's sad.

But Dave Calabros still has great hair. Taylor Tanning Bombs needs to be on TV more. She’s fire ass hot and I’ll say it right to her face

• Haha 3

On 8/3/2022 at 9:56 PM, Donnie Baker said:

But Dave Calabros still has great hair. Taylor Tanning Bombs needs to be on TV more. She’s fire ass hot and I’ll say it right to her face

Is that her name?? I tried googling for verification on hotness, but can't find. Please advise 😊

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 9:56 PM, Donnie Baker said:

https://www.wthr.com/article/sports/local-sports/as-13sports-reporter-taylor-tannebaum-moves-on-she-shares-her-top-3-indianapolis-memories-anchor-opportunity-moments/531-fe2ea5cf-0b05-46bc-a8f7-0e385f69f9ae

• Sad 1

In the age of Wi-Fi, those TV stations still airing highlights of local HS football have a much more cost-effective way of getting football back to the station.  Sending out a helicopter for footage was flashy and generated good buzz for the station, but it's primary reason for existence was to get highlights from far out in the hinterland back to the studio in a timely fashion.

These days, with Wi-Fi and even cell phone video technology, highlights of usually at least decent quality can be sent back to the station in the blink of an eye. making an expensive (although admittedly cool) helicopter landing obsolete.