Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 - Class 2A Season Outlook

All:

Been hearing some rumblings that the Andrean 59ers are the team to beat in Class 2A this season.

Any other challengers from the northern part of Indiana?

Who do you feel will be the representatives from the south to challenge Andrean in the state finals come Thanksgiving weekend?

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

People need to stop saying Andrean is a lock or anything close to that. They've got a lot of talent returning but lost just about the same amount of talent to graduation.  Eastbrook, Tipton, and Luers are all contenders to knock the Niners off in the North and their sectional got harder with LaVille and Bremen in it. It's going to be a much tougher road for them to be able to get there this year I believe. As for the South, I think Mater Dei will be solid but the team I think that can make a run and shock some people is Heritage Christian. They've got talent coming back along with a very good QB who got hurt at the end of last year. Sullivan is another team dropping down from 3A that I think could potentially make some noise. All in all I would say 2A is absolutely wide open and it's hard to really give any sort of prediction for who will be meeting at LOS. 

26 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Who do you feel will be the representatives from the south to challenge Andrean in the state finals come Thanksgiving weekend?

Mater Dei is the team to beat in the South, followed by Linton, Brownstown Central, and Scecina, as other solid teams

I want to see what BTown Central can do….they were already a very good 3A team and their offense knows how to score points every year 

outside of Mater Dei I want to think they have the next best shot out of the south.  

2A south will be fun to follow this year 

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

How are they projected this year? They were very dominant last year from what I remember 

I'm just looking at trends. And the trend is at minimum a 10 win season. Mason is 2-1 versus Bishop Luers over the last three seasons. And if the Knights couldn't beat him and his Blazers last season, I'm not sure when they can ever beat them again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I'm just looking at trends. And the trend is at minimum a 10 win season. Mason is 2-1 versus Bishop Luers over the last three seasons. And if the Knights couldn't beat him and his Blazers last season, I'm not sure when they can ever beat them again. 

Coach K won't need much to motivate them to get over this new hump. Early exits give out servings of humble pie which usually makes those returning a little hungrier...

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Mater Dei is the team to beat in the South, followed by Linton, Brownstown Central, and Scecina, as other solid teams

No disrespect to Liptons but they need to get out of the sectional once before being called a favorite in the south, I swear to God they do. 2nd and foremost I know it’s a tough sectional and once the Minors win it you can call them a favorite. I gotta go 

29 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

No disrespect to Liptons but they need to get out of the sectional once before being called a favorite in the south, I swear to God they do. 2nd and foremost I know it’s a tough sectional and once the Minors win it you can call them a favorite. I gotta go 

Well, to be fair, they have been knocked out by Mater Dei the last 4 years and I believe they are in a different sectional  this year. The S40/S39 Regional game will be a must watch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Well, to be fair, they have been knocked out by Mater Dei the last 4 years and I believe they are in a different sectional  this year. The S40/S39 Regional game will be a must watch

Yes. Winners win & MD did just that at Linton last year. Guessing however, even MD fans would tell you they were fortunate to leave town with a victory. That was a 50/50 game and a couple self inflicted mistakes/missed opportunities by the Miners was the difference.

As is nearly every season, until someone beats them MD tops the list of candidates from the south. 

Linton - lost some really good players. Eslinger (RB/LB) was a stud. Several other holes to fill. But we return some dynamic talent including possibly the best player in 2A south, Hunter Gennicks.  Logan Webb is a tall, strong, athletic WR who should be a difference maker. Multiple all-state type players on the lines. By seasons end, the Miners will be a major threat in 2A.  Just hope our anemic schedule this season doesn't come back to bite us. 

Can't give you as much detail on Sullivan, but from everything I've heard they'll be one of the better southern 2A teams.  This summer I ran into Sullivan's HC from the past several seasons (now HC for St Mary of the Wood's new program). He told me the Arrows are loaded this season.

16 hours ago, scarab527 said:

People need to stop saying Andrean is a lock or anything close to that. They've got a lot of talent returning but lost just about the same amount of talent to graduation.  Eastbrook, Tipton, and Luers are all contenders to knock the Niners off in the North and their sectional got harder with LaVille and Bremen in it. It's going to be a much tougher road for them to be able to get there this year I believe. As for the South, I think Mater Dei will be solid but the team I think that can make a run and shock some people is Heritage Christian. They've got talent coming back along with a very good QB who got hurt at the end of last year. Sullivan is another team dropping down from 3A that I think could potentially make some noise. All in all I would say 2A is absolutely wide open and it's hard to really give any sort of prediction for who will be meeting at LOS. 

Looking forward to a potential LCC-Andrean matchup in regionals.  I don't think those two have matched-up in three decades ... if ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Looking forward to a potential LCC-Andrean matchup in regionals.  I don't think those two have matched-up in three decades ... if ever.

Don't think think they ever have, at least in the post season I'm pretty sure. I agree, a couple of my fraternity brothers were LCC guys and we would always shoot the sh** about a potential matchup. Might actually get to see it.  

10 hours ago, hick said:

Yes. Winners win & MD did just that at Linton last year. Guessing however, even MD fans would tell you they were fortunate to leave town with a victory. That was a 50/50 game and a couple self inflicted mistakes/missed opportunities by the Miners was the difference.

The Miners did not have a very good 2nd Half at all from what I saw. The weather was definitely a factor in the game too since Mater Dei didn’t even score in the 2H. I think the game is online somewhere, so I might rewatch it since it was an tense matchup.

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

The Miners did not have a very good 2nd Half at all from what I saw. The weather was definitely a factor in the game too since Mater Dei didn’t even score in the 2H. I think the game is online somewhere, so I might rewatch it since it was an tense matchup.

The weather was a huge factor in the game. The second half the field conditions were brutal. You couldn't make a cut without falling down. Mater Dei was very fortunate to escape with the win. Linton was a very good team last year and yes, the Eslinger kid was a stud as is Gennicks. Gennicks will be a handful for anyone this year and if he has some help Linton could make quite a run. 

2 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

The weather was a huge factor in the game. The second half the field conditions were brutal. You couldn't make a cut without falling down. Mater Dei was very fortunate to escape with the win. Linton was a very good team last year and yes, the Eslinger kid was a stud as is Gennicks. Gennicks will be a handful for anyone this year and if he has some help Linton could make quite a run. 

I have a feeling that Linton is aiming for a potential Regional Matchup against Mater Dei. Oh boy that would be a fun one to watch..

On 8/3/2022 at 10:29 AM, foxbat said:

Would you be surprised if I said that Andrean could have some competition for the sectional championship?  Maybe a Bremen or a LaVille?

In fact, a preview of where Bremen and LaVille stand following the conclusion of the 2021 season will be in Week #1 of the IHSAA Regular season - Bremen at LaVille.

Will see what the Lions and Lancers have in this early-season battle of the county neighbors

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007