Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

Jeez, those are some baaad SOS numbers.  First time I can remember our SOS being above 100.  Jasper having a down year and not including KY schools hurts (us and GS)..  I really hope Pike Central and Washington draw each other in Round 1.

2 hours ago, tango said:

Jeez, those are some baaad SOS numbers.  First time I can remember our SOS being above 100.  Jasper having a down year and not including KY schools hurts (us and GS)..  I really hope Pike Central and Washington draw each other in Round 1.

Why would you want Pike and Washington to draw each other??  That would guarantee that VL, GS, HH or Memorial, two of these four would square off in the first round.  Meaning a very bad team would take a second spot away from a team that has had a good year.  All the more reasons for seeding the tournament.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Patriot74 said:

Why would you want Pike and Washington to draw each other?? 

Because I don’t want us to play them, home or away.  I’d rather get my $5 worth. I’m not being arrogant, but I enjoyed seeing our starters play 4 Qs last week. 

Edited by tango

Of course I want my team to go far in the tournament, but Gibson Southern has some work to do. Allen needs to get more comfortable against the high skill teams like he is versus someone like Pike Central. He looked like a different person going from HH to PC. They have the talent to be very good, but I think team work is a big area that needs improvement. Guys sitting on the trainers bench while the defense is on the field, the sideline grouped into separate circles paying no attention to the game, and receivers only running routes as they were written up and not trying to find an opening. All of this with a bad attitude (offense blaming defense, defense blaming offense) I hope they have been improving over these weeks and can put up a good game versus a good South ridge team. Good luck to all teams tonight! 

With Mount Vernon's win over Princeton this sectional will have 5 teams enter the tourney over .500.

2 hours ago, dave mosbey said:

With Mount Vernon's win over Princeton this sectional will have 5 teams enter the tourney over .500.

Yeah I don’t think a “good draw” exists in this years pairings. Only a better draw or worse draw. 

This sectional historically has never had a great SoS at the start of the sectional. Still, it has consistently produced state contenders (Memorial, GS, HH and previously Mater Dei and Vincennes dropping down to 3A is interesting given their tradition). The SoS shouldn't be an argument in 3A because you can only have 11 on the field and the top teams will be prepared via games or practice. I have never seen a 3A state champion that goes two deep (44 players) at every position. 

What matters is being healthy and at your pinnacle heading into the tournament. Different programs have different approaches to obtain that. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure Mount Vernon will be a much better team then the one we beat 45-7 in week 1.

Need to beat 3 good teams to survive but at least we avoided another 1st round game against Memorial. 

• Like 1

If I’m not mistaken...

if GS and HH both advance the game is played GS

likely scenario from the top side of the bracket is memorial is in the finals, if that’s the case memorial will play on the road for the championship, whether that be the jungle, jack jewel or who knows some other venue. 

8 minutes ago, CS31295 said:

If I’m not mistaken...

if GS and HH both advance the game is played GS

likely scenario from the top side of the bracket is memorial is in the finals, if that’s the case memorial will play on the road for the championship, whether that be the jungle, jack jewel or who knows some other venue. 

Yes at Gibson,  HH is home GS on road 1st round.

We have to worry about stopping that High scoring Mount Vernon offense a second time first before thinking about the Titans. 

I could see an Memorial V GS rematch looming in a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't look over HH since they are a very, very good team

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I could see an Memorial V GS rematch looming in a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't look over HH since they are a very, very good team

I am just taking a guess but I don't think GS is going to overlook the team that beat them by 24 points this year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SR1 said:

I am just taking a guess but I don't think GS is going to overlook the team that beat them by 24 points this year.

Yea, I feeling that GS will try to avenge their loss against HH

Yeah at this point memorial isn’t even a thought of GS. First Washington and then HH again. 

The way i see it. 

Memorial

GAP

Heritage Hills

Gap

GS/VL. 

GS fans shouldn’t and I doubt are thinking about anything other than Washington and the HH looming for a big rematch that we hope goes the other way. 

Still have 1 very tough team though this week to handle though.  GS has a lot to prove I think and I get the idea that the team is going to be hell bent to make their case and show they are improving 

Princeton @ Ev. Memorial will be at Harrison HS.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tango said:

Princeton @ Ev. Memorial will be at Harrison HS.  

I really like Harrison as a venue.  Very nice stadium.

I think I said this last year, but I don’t think we could have hoped for a more balanced bracket.

I hate it.  Very sterile.  . Long walk from locker rooms. Way too open on both ends. Home side feels a mile away from field.  

41 minutes ago, tango said:

I hate it.  Very sterile.  . Long walk from locker rooms. Way too open on both ends. Home side feels a mile away from field.  

Yes. But when the wind hits just right you can smell Shyler's and Five Guys. 

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

On 10/3/2018 at 8:41 AM, WhoDat said:

Has this turned into a two team race? Or can Gibson Southern get back in the mix? A couple Titan fans were excited for this topic after their 2-0 start.  Sunday fun day just around the corner. Good luck with the draw. Great time of the year. 

While Memorial remains top the top dog, HH, GS, VL, and MV could all provide an upset at any time. All these teams are playing pretty good ball right now. Shall I quote Herm here?

On 10/3/2018 at 10:44 AM, Patriot74 said:

Let's try a baseball analogy...

Memorial=Boston Redsox

HH & GS=LA Dodgers/Colorado Rockies

VL=Atlanta Braves

Everyone else in the sectional missed the playoffs.

So the analogy goes if the Redsox don't win the World Series then the season has been a disappointment.

Why couldn't VL be the Brewers here? HAHA! Overall, this sectional is BRUTAL minus the bottom 2 teams. Sectional 32 is gonna be a fantastic show! Good luck to all teams!

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, tango said:

I predict Memorial at either Heritage Hills or Gibson Southern in Round 1....  The ping pong balls have put us on the road in 4 of 6 games the last 2 years.  

VL and EM on the top and HH and GS on the bottom. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:57 AM, SEAL_63 said:

Yeah I don’t think a “good draw” exists in this years pairings. Only a better draw or worse draw. 

agreed

Interesting draw, at least based on Sagarin.

#8 @ #4

#6 @ #1

#5 @ #2

#3 @ #7

If the top teams advance it will be seeded correctly, with the exception of HH @ GS instead of the game being played at the Jungle.