Sign in to follow this  
Staxawax

The Battle of Hendricks County

The Avon Orioles head 5 miles north to challenge Brownsburg’s Bulldogs this Friday. This game is always circled on each teams calendar as it’s a long standing backyard rivalry. It means a little more this year as both are top 5 teams in 6A. 

Avon got caught looking ahead against HSE and the offense sputtered most of the night. The defense though stayed solid and kept the Royals frustrated all game. Brownsburg continued to dominate as they pounded HCC newcomer Franklin Central. But they feel there’s plenty to improve on.

The winner will be the favorite for sectional 7 and the regional against the sectional 8 winner.

Should be a classic! Who ‘ya got?

Brownsburg always seems to rise up and play their best against Avon, and I was truly shocked about how excited Avon was to beat Ben Davis. I think there's a potential for them to take the Bulldogs too lightly, in my opinion. Still waiting for a true statement game from Coach Hart's Bulldogs. They have seemed to have fumbled that opportunity in recent years. 

I'll take Avon by a TD if Sampson James is Sampson James.

1 hour ago, panamabob said:

I just moved to Avon.  Do they play football here?  

Not really a must see.  They are better known for closing multiple roads simultaneously and funneling all traffic onto Rockville road.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Staxawax said:

They are better known for closing multiple roads simultaneously and funneling all traffic onto Rockville road.

This may be the post of the decade.

• Like 1

It’s possible this game could have the best atmosphere and environment out of any game in the state this season.  This happens when when you have two arch rivals within close promixity of each other who are both ranked in the top 5.  This also could be the biggest regular season matchup Avon and Brownsburg have had with each other.  I can’t recall both these teams being ranked in the top 5 at the same time when playing each other.

As for the game, as long as Sampson James is 100% I’m pretty confident Avon will win this game.  Brownsburg is an excellent team,  but I just think Avon is loaded this season and on another level.  In my opinion, Avon is the one team in the state that has the best chance of beating Warren Central this season.

One thing is for sure, this game is going to be LIT on Friday night!

Edited by LC Bears 04

13 minutes ago, LC Bears 04 said:

It’s possible this game could have the best atmosphere and environment out of any game in the state this season.  This happens when when you have two arch rivals within close promixity of each other who are both ranked in the top 5.  This also could be the biggest regular season matchup Avon and Brownsburg have had with each other.  I can’t recall both these teams being ranked in the top 5 at the same time when playing each other.

As for the game, as long as Sampson James is 100% I’m pretty confident Avon will win this game.  Brownsburg is an excellent team,  but I just think Avon is loaded this season and on another level.  In my opinion, Avon is the one team in the state that has the best chance of beating Warren Central this season.

HCC stealing the spotlight from The MIC this week.  

6 hours ago, LC Bears 04 said:

6A South could very well come down to Avon and Warren Central.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2018 at 5:13 PM, Staxawax said:

Not really a must see.  They are better known for closing multiple roads simultaneously and funneling all traffic onto Rockville road.

Further evidence every town in Central Indiana is trying to be Carmel. 

I think Brownsburg wins this one in a close game.

I think Avon will win the inevitable rematch in November. 

Great, I get to go watch 1-2 vs. 0-3...again wish I could be in two places at once.  Until someone proves they can stop Avon's run, you have to give them the nod.

Congrats to the Bulldogs who outplayed Avon in every aspect of the game. On a night when you would think the running game would be the difference, the ‘dogs defense shut down Sampson James. I wonder if he did sustain some type of injury against Ben Davis as he doesn’t seem to be able to cut like he should. Regardless, Avon was well scouted and Brownsburg had answers all game long on both sides of the ball. 

Rematch looms in sectionals. Brownsburg is my new #2 team in the 6A poll!

3 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Congrats to the Bulldogs who outplayed Avon in every aspect of the game. On a night when you would think the running game would be the difference, the ‘dogs defense shut down Sampson James. I wonder if he did sustain some type of injury against Ben Davis as he doesn’t seem to be able to cut like he should. Regardless, Avon was well scouted and Brownsburg had answers all game long on both sides of the ball. 

Rematch looms in sectionals. Brownsburg is my new #2 team in the 6A poll!

Warren Central has a possible challenger in Brownsburg.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:13 PM, WC Warrior said:

Warren Central has a possible challenger in Brownsburg.

NO.

Hot Box, Hungry Howie's, Pizza King, or Domino's?  Avon?  🙂    

On 9/8/2018 at 1:07 PM, Staxawax said:

On a night when you would think the running game would be the difference, the ‘dogs defense shut down Sampson James. I wonder if he did sustain some type of injury against Ben Davis as he doesn’t seem to be able to cut like he should. Regardless,

Avon is going to have to do a lot more then hand the ball off to James 30-35 times a game if they have any chance of doing something in the playoffs.  He may not last the season with that kind of workload anyway.

Its why this team is not nearly as good as the team Avon had with Peters at QB (when he was a senior).  That team had many more weapons. 

• Upvote 1

I still can't believe these two teams are in the same Sectional as Perry and Southport when Pike and BD are a good stone's throw away.

• Upvote 2