Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Summaries and Updates for Scrimmages and Jamborees - 2022 | Post 'Em Here or @gridirondigest! #TGD

It took almost as long to get to Franklin Central, as the length of the scrimmage.  It's hard to get anywhere from the west side of Indy.

It was worth the trip just to see Jaron Tibbs make an incredible leaping catch!  Irish coach Bill Peebles got to see most, if not all, the players on the roster.

It was good to hear the pads crack on a beautiful night for football, or any other outdoor endeavor.

Nex up for the Irish will be a trip to Lafayette to play Jeff.

LCC and Harrison squared off.  LCC was going without their starting QB, but Metzger stepped in and performed well.  Has a nice touch on the ball once he gets settled in.  Smith will be a handful for most 2A teams that see him out of the backfield.  Roster weight shows him closing on 200 lbs. and he ran like it tonight.  Teams are going to need to meet him at or behind the line or likely concede 7-10 yards on the carry.  On defense, Robbins is going to give teams fits.  If you didn't know the history of the two teams, you probably wouldn't have figured that it was 5A vs. 2A.  LCC has some heft on it.

Harrison's defense looked good with three takeaways, two fumbles and an interception, to zero for LCC's defense.  Harrison almost had a fourth, but it went out of bounds.  Harrison's offense looks like it's going to have a good mix of grinding runs as well as a quick back attack with a good short/long passing game woven in.  Should keep opponents guessing.  They look particularly potent from the 35 in.

Overall, I think the varsity scores were 1-1 on the first series, 3-2 Harrison on the second series, and the remainder was either 2-1 or 2-0 Harrison I think.  Harrison will square off against West Lafayette at LOS next week and should give a really good indication for Harrison.  LCC will likely have to wait until Week 2 for their annual matchup with Guerin as well as getting their starting QB back to get a better feel for what needs work.

I watched Ole Miss vs Eastern.  I thought the returning Ole Miss team would challenge Kokomo this year with everyone coming back.  But Ole  Miss track star / starting (I assume) tailback didn’t play.  Also noticed two Mississinewa lineman from last years regional team (who would be seniors) were not on the field.  Anyone know what’s up?