Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2022

Thought I would start the thread for Snider for the season. Two tough games to start the season with North Side and Carroll. Thinking the North Side game could be repeat of last year, Offensive game, last team that has that ball gets the W??

I've attached review of team from WANE TV, hoping for a fun and good year !!

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/2022-highlight-zone-season-preview-snider-panthers/?fbclid=IwAR1jbrsE-_1AaeT3jj3oaVk49nidD45R4iVrTzt5jrKarpcIF5DrHt3n4TU

This early in the season Snider has to be considered the front runner to take the SAC if you compare what they have returning compared to their competition. It's still up to the kids though. Games aren't won before they are started anymore. Post 2017, most teams aren't intimidated by the black and yellow anymore. This group has the opportunity to get that reputation back. Make no mistake though, every team in the SAC will line up with Snider with the expectation of winning. 

North Side to start the season is about as good as it gets to open the season in NE Indiana. This was a fierce rivalry back in the 80's and 90's with some pretty competitive matchups in the last couple of decades. The Legends play with a chip on their shoulder being from the heart of the city. They embarrassed the Panthers two seasons ago and were a matter of inches from beating them last year. With one of the best wideouts in the country the, addition of Dwenger's starting QB, and some key guys in the trenches, North Side should be ready for this one. 

2 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

I wonder if losing the coach to their rival will cause a hiccup in their giddy up..

What coach you talking about and where to where? Sorry, but not being in the area it's hard for me to get all the relevant news. 

6 minutes ago, psaboy said:

What coach you talking about and where to where? Sorry, but not being in the area it's hard for me to get all the relevant news. 

Quentin Bowen is the new Northrop Coach....  That is who is being referred to

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BTF said:

This early in the season Snider has to be considered the front runner to take the SAC if you compare what they have returning compared to their competition. It's still up to the kids though. Games aren't won before they are started anymore. Post 2017, most teams aren't intimidated by the black and yellow anymore. This group has the opportunity to get that reputation back. Make no mistake though, every team in the SAC will line up with Snider with the expectation of winning. 

North Side to start the season is about as good as it gets to open the season in NE Indiana. This was a fierce rivalry back in the 80's and 90's with some pretty competitive matchups in the last couple of decades. The Legends play with a chip on their shoulder being from the heart of the city. They embarrassed the Panthers two seasons ago and were a matter of inches from beating them last year. With one of the best wideouts in the country the, addition of Dwenger's starting QB, and some key guys in the trenches, North Side should be ready for this one. 

Wish I was in area and could go to the North Side game, could be as good of a game as last year, if that is possible. I'm really wondering how Snider D back field will/can contain the 4 star (name alludes me) WR. Key would be D line and blitz getting pressure on QB. Second point of interest is balance of Snider O with top 3 WR's and Haupert at QB and RB Langston Lavelle. He may be as good as Brown was last year, but need a good O line. 

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

The year after losing Dinan to Carroll wasn't terrible..maybe this will be the same?

The "richness" of both coaching and the 'programs' in the area, should far exceed any loss(es) that occur year to year with the SAC.  

32 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Wish I was in area and could go to the North Side game, could be as good of a game as last year, if that is possible. I'm really wondering how Snider D back field will/can contain the 4 star (name alludes me) WR. Key would be D line and blitz getting pressure on QB. Second point of interest is balance of Snider O with top 3 WR's and Haupert at QB and RB Langston Lavelle. He may be as good as Brown was last year, but need a good O line. 

Just log onto Summit City Sports and check out the SAC.  Week One:  North Side v. Snider..... heck of a game to kick things off

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

The "richness" of both coaching and the 'programs' in the area, should far exceed any loss(es) that occur year to year with the SAC.  

Yes I agree..however other areas of the state may differ in opinion when it comes to the sac "richness"..  a regional title from someone (anyone..bueller) residing in the sac wouldn't hurt..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Just log onto Summit City Sports and check out the SAC.  Week One:  North Side v. Snider..... heck of a game to kick things off

Yes, that is what I normally do. Being old school, still like to attend a game or two in person 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Overall good game last night, a few observations;

A few stupid un-sportsmanlike penalties on Leavell, those need to be cleaned up quickly

Northside had the size on the line, but Snider seemed to handle that well

Liked see the sophomore RB Veazy get some good game time and he looked good

Defense looks good, hope they can keep it up next week against Carroll

For being a third year started, Haupert didn't look real sharp 

Both teams were chirping out the gate and the refs attempted to curtail by calling it tight..the celebration unsportsmanlike on Northside has been seen in the past few years n I was a little shocked they called it..new haven game had the same celebrations..no flags though..

The legends will be a tough opponent and have a ton of talent..those transfers sprinkled in with that returning core will make them very scary come playoff time.

Panthers appeared experimental on offense..pistol..trips..wing t..n I formations were all given a shot..maybe they were keeping it simple with chances of seeing them in late October..the defense really buckled down when needed n they have young talent rotating in on both sides of the ball that were making plays..Haupert did what he could given the playcalls..if he was in Northsides wide open offense he could sling it with the best of em..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Both teams were chirping out the gate and the refs attempted to curtail by calling it tight..the celebration unsportsmanlike on Northside has been seen in the past few years n I was a little shocked they called it..new haven game had the same celebrations..no flags though..

The legends will be a tough opponent and have a ton of talent..those transfers sprinkled in with that returning core will make them very scary come playoff time.

Panthers appeared experimental on offense..pistol..trips..wing t..n I formations were all given a shot..maybe they were keeping it simple with chances of seeing them in late October..the defense really buckled down when needed n they have young talent rotating in on both sides of the ball that were making plays..Haupert did what he could given the playcalls..if he was in Northsides wide open offense he could sling it with the best of em..

Yes, I think the refs were trying to have tight control on the game, which they did. I wasn't arguing the two calls against Leavell, they were appropriate. I would think he would known better being a senior, maybe just pumped for game which is good as well!!

They were saying on the feed from Summit City Sports that Snider has a new O coordinator, anyone know who that is?

28 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So, the same kid was penalized twice for unsportsmanlike conduct? I assume he was disqualified after the second one, and consequently will be riding the pines next Friday.

He was ejected. Is that the rule? Sit out the next game?

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yes, I think the refs were trying to have tight control on the game, which they did. I wasn't arguing the two calls against Leavell, they were appropriate. I would think he would known better being a senior, maybe just pumped for game which is good as well!!

They were saying on the feed from Summit City Sports that Snider has a new O coordinator, anyone know who that is?

The spike after the touchdown was just joy of scoring after a heckuva of a play..the 1st down celebration was excessive yet in today's game..I've seen worse..he seemed very emotional.

I think tippman is helping with the offense this year..BTF may know for sure on the oc..with so many different looks it may be a few chefs in the kitchen 

10 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I'm a bit late here. But I realized last night's game between Snider and North Side was the last time they play each other to start the season. Here comes Warren Central next year!!!

East Noble, then Warren Central. I believe Warren gets Carroll in Week 1. 

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

The spike after the touchdown was just joy of scoring after a heckuva of a play..the 1st down celebration was excessive yet in today's game..I've seen worse..he seemed very emotional.

Imagine Popeye Williams getting flagged every time he made a good play last year. He would have been disqualified every game. I'm glad he wasn't. He was a good player and had fun playing. Again, these celebration penalties are arbitrary to say the least. Let's be consistent across the board. 

Unsure about the offensive coordinator. I thought the same thing about all the different looks on offense, I guess time will tell. I was surprised Haupert wasn't unleashed more than what he was. But then again, I wasn't expecting so much talent in the backfield this year. This could be a dangerous offense come playoff time. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Imagine Popeye Williams getting flagged every time he made a good play last year. He would have been disqualified every game. I'm glad he wasn't. He was a good player and had fun playing. Again, these celebration penalties are arbitrary to say the least. Let's be consistent across the board.

The call on Northsides celebration is a gr8 example of how they were calling the game..many teams did that on friday night..maybe they were doing their best to keep this a middleweight boxing match n not a street fight..should he have celebrated after getting the earlier flag? No..did I think he would be flagged for it? No..

2 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

The call on Northsides celebration is a gr8 example of how they were calling the game..many teams did that on friday night..maybe they were doing their best to keep this a middleweight boxing match n not a street fight..should he have celebrated after getting the earlier flag? No..did I think he would be flagged for it? No..

Valid point.