Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2022

Just now, Komets2727 said:

And what I said before this game is ringing true, if North wins the turnover battle and Snider makes mistakes, North has a great chance to win this game. 2 missed extra points, a fumble, and a blocked field goal and they are down at halftime 

I am wondering if @Komets2727 is the greatest Catcher I have ever been behind at the HS level is this guy?  Does he have a FW Komets/St. Louis Blues connection?

Heckuva game! Uncharacteristic special teams play didnt deter the panthers championship spirit! That defense really stepped up..Legends have a gr8 program going and their coach did an excellent job preparing their team..so many players play so much for them..lots of talent..depth..not so much..as an avid sports fan ill watch the end of the Legends documentary yet I'll also watch sni high in Mishawaka next week..

Kudos to the North Side community. They brought 2500 to the game tonight. Great crowd. I really thought they had the game.

Up 21-12 with 8 minutes to go, 4th and 3 at the Snider 45, I really thought they screwed up by going for it instead of pinning Snider deep. That was the play of the game in my opinion. Snider only had to go half the field to cut the deficit to 21-18. That being said, Ben Johnson and company coached that game brilliantly on on both sides of the ball. As long as Johnson sticks around, North will be a force. 

Still not sure how Snider pulled this one out. Props to them though, they beat one hell of a football team despite awful special teams play and a couple of turnovers. 

North Side might have the best one two punch in the state with Tae Tae Johnson and Jontae Lambert. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Kudos to the North Side community. They brought 2500 to the game tonight. Great crowd. I really thought they had the game.

Up 21-12 with 8 minutes to go, 4th and 3 at the Snider 45, I really thought they screwed up by going for it instead of pinning Snider deep. That was the play of the game in my opinion. Snider only had to go half the field to cut the deficit to 21-18. That being said, Ben Johnson and company coached that game brilliantly on on both sides of the ball. As long as Johnson sticks around, North will be a force. 

Still not sure how Snider pulled this one out. Props to them though, they beat one hell of a football team despite awful special teams play and a couple of turnovers. 

North Side might have the best one two punch in the state with Tae Tae Johnson and Jontae Lambert. 

They never really kicked their entire game..all gas and no brakes..touchdowns only..the kicker is a senior that's playing hurt..the freshman kicker had sufficed all year tho n he really stepped up..that north side crowd was massive n they fed off their energy..the penalty inside the red zone that allowed Snider to get the turnover on downs was big..I thought for sure they would kick a fg..

Great game, I'm glad Snider was able to get the W. The long drive in 4th Q is what teams like that do when they need too!! North Side looks to have a great staff and future. Lambert and Johnson are certainly some of the best in the state. Snider needs to get special teams in order for continued success. I think the killer for North was the penalties, they got the turnovers they needed, flags at certain points really hurt. Looking forward to the Panthers and Cavemen @ Steele Stadium. 

26 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Great game, I'm glad Snider was able to get the W. The long drive in 4th Q is what teams like that do when they need too!! North Side looks to have a great staff and future. Lambert and Johnson are certainly some of the best in the state. Snider needs to get special teams in order for continued success. I think the killer for North was the penalties, they got the turnovers they needed, flags at certain points really hurt. Looking forward to the Panthers and Cavemen @ Steele Stadium. 

The panthers D1 wr made some phenomenal plays, flipping the field on special teams, sprinting for a td on a 5yd out, and came back for a 50/50 ball that really swayed momentum..the bootleg was open all game..n the last td was a typical Snider play🏆

34 minutes ago, psaboy said:

North Side looks to have a great staff and future. 

North Side is the real deal. They are four too many students away from playing New Pal/Roncalli for a state championship. Would have been fun to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

The panthers D1 wr made some phenomenal plays, flipping the field on special teams, sprinting for a td on a 5yd out, and came back for a 50/50 ball that really swayed momentum..the bootleg was open all game..n the last td was a typical Snider play🏆

Yes, Juarez really made plays when needed. Even with INT, Haupert played good as well and Langston was running good. All around great effort and D made the plays when needed. 

Just now, BTF said:

North Side is the real deal. They are four too many students away from playing New Pal/Roncalli for a state championship. Would have been fun to watch. 

They are 4 students away from 4A??

15 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yes, Juarez really made plays when needed. Even with INT, Haupert played good as well and Langston was running good. All around great effort and D made the plays when needed. 

Correct. Smallest school in 5A. 

2 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Incredible..can they and Dwenger both be 4a next year? 

I wanna say that North and Dwenger are still 5A next year, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in on this

35 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Agreed..the defense really tightened up..not seen many backs rush for over 100yds in the 1st half like they did..

28 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Never looking ahead, Mishawaka is a good team

peaked in on their game last night..they have some size n run an efficient offense..wondering what places are good to stop at for a pre game meal..

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

I wanna say that North and Dwenger are still 5A next year, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in on this

I heard on different thread on here that Dwenger has a special clause that allows them to move down if desired?? I'll see if I can locate.

8 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I heard on different thread on here that Dwenger has a special clause that allows them to move down if desired?? I'll see if I can locate.

They need to, just for the sake of giving Fort Wayne representation in that class. Watching Snider and Dwenger dispose of each other isn't something we've ever had to endure. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

They need to, just for the sake of giving Fort Wayne representation in that class. Watching Snider and Dwenger dispose of each other isn't something we've ever had to endure. 

Thought Wayne, North, and Dwenger all belonged in 4a..seeing how cc won, one could only imagine how they would match up with the other two..

27 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Thought Wayne, North, and Dwenger all belonged in 4a..seeing how cc won, one could only imagine how they would match up with the other two..

In my opinion, North would be playing New Pal for the 4A title. And North would be giving them one hell of a game. 

i

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BTF said:

I don’t know if I agree. Fealt like North choked a win away and Snider did what I would expect Snider to do. Stay mentally and physically tough and fight back for an impressive win. Give me Jontae and a 6’3 WR who can play college ball anywhere and I’m grinding clock. Loved the run game with Jontae. Very surprised they didn’t find high percentage plays to get Tae Tae the ball on wildcats, jet sweeps, or screens. Dickerson was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass. Screens and/or sweeps for Tae Tae are easy plays to get the ball into the hands of the best playmaker on the field and let him pick away at Sniders D. Again, not trying to take anything away from Snider. Maybe they win regardless. Just didn’t like the North play calling in the 2nd half.

I went last night and was wanting Snider to win. But I was worried a bit. I thought Snider was a little flat. But I knew they never quit. 

Mishawaka stadium it big and old but cool as hell. I went in 2018 with the Saints. Field was grass/sand. Not sure if thet have updated it. Score board is massive. Good luck Panthers. 

Edited by Mebuck