Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2022

4 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I went last night and was wanting Snider to win. But I was worried a bit. I thought Snider was a little flat. But I knew they never quit. 

Mishawaka stadium it big and old but cool as hell. I went in 2018 with the Saints. Field was grass/sand. Not sure if thet have updated it. Score boars is massive. Good luck Panthers. 

Nope, no update.   Still basically the "mistake by the Late" ala Cleveland Brown's Municipal Stadium.

Scoreboard is great though!!

Edited by Yuccaguy

4 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Nope, no update.   Still basically the "mistake by the Late" ala Cleveland Brown's Municipal Stadium.

Scoreboard is great though!!

Mishawaka's stadium is one of the few local stadiums that provides enough seating for very large crowds on the visitors side. 

I thought they got a syn turf field a few years ago when they passed referendum. I may be wrong though. I've been to numerous games there and it is a classic high school stadium, not a cookie cutter type. It may be over 60-70 years old or more. I may have to go to game.  

3 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I thought they got a syn turf field a few years ago when they passed referendum. I may be wrong though. I've been to numerous games there and it is a classic high school stadium, not a cookie cutter type. It may be over 60-70 years old or more. I may have to go to game.  

Can u recommend any eateries/bars?

39 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Can u recommend any eateries/bars?

There's a ton of stuff within 10 minutes of the school. Evil Czech is a good craft brewery up on Main Street.  There's a Hacienda on Lincolnway a few minutes from the school if you want Mexican food. Rulli's is a good Italian place. Plenty to choose from. 

Parking will be your biggest issue. If you can park in the school lot, go for it. Otherwise, the streets around the stadium are narrow and fill up fast.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gridwatcher said:

Consistently lousy

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Then I guess things haven’t changed much since my last trip to Steele.

As I said before "Mistake by the Lake"....Cleveland Municipal Stadium  .

Painted (maybe) dirt!  

Edited by Yuccaguy

48 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Stadium was built back in the 1930s. Pictureque setting. But they did not get synthetic turf.

16 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Will the Snider fan base travel well to Mishawaka?

Probably as well as anyone. Streaming games live has ruined it a little bit. Maybe since Snider hasn't played in a regional since 2018, they'll travel for this game. I know back in the 80's and 90's Snider had one of the better traveling fan bases. It's just different now I think for all schools. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Probably as well as anyone. Streaming games live has ruined it a little bit. Maybe since Snider hasn't played in a regional since 2018, they'll travel for this game. I know back in the 80's and 90's Snider had one of the better traveling fan bases. It's just different now I think for all schools. 

Might take the day n travel there early..get a good parking spot n "hangout" until game time

16 hours ago, Bobref said:

What’s the turf like at this point in the season?

Took a little drive this morning. Field didn't look to bad. After September 17th they have only played at home two times so that certainly helps

Steele.jpg

Steele #2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gridwatcher said:

There's a ton of stuff within 10 minutes of the school. Evil Czech is a good craft brewery up on Main Street.  There's a Hacienda on Lincolnway a few minutes from the school if you want Mexican food. Rulli's is a good Italian place. Plenty to choose from. 

Parking will be your biggest issue. If you can park in the school lot, go for it. Otherwise, the streets around the stadium are narrow and fill up fast.

Yes, parking is tight. All good places above to eat. Others are The Prized Pig, Doc Pierces, The Phoenix, Zing Fusion and Chickory Cafe are all within 10 minutes. If you prefer a liquid diet, try Sun King Brewery. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Let’s hope it does not rain this week. There have been times at this time of year a lot of the field had bare spots

No rain in forecast until Friday, light showers. Could be some snow flurries during game, dress warm if anyone goes