Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Northern Indiana Conference (NIC) Week 1

9 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:

North

Valpo @ Penn - Valpo - No reason to think Penn is going to win this one

Elkhart @ Concord - Elkhart - People seem pretty excited for this years Lions squad

St Joe @ Lakeland - St. Joe - Downey's 2nd stint gets off on the right track against a lesser opponent

Adams @ Northridge - Edge goes to Adams - Northridge is just way too hyped up this season. Kudos to the run last year, but I don't think 2022 is going to go so well in Middlebury

Laporte @ New Prairie - NP - NP should have a good team again, LaPorte might come out inspired or they might come out behind the 8 ball after the off-season changes.

Mishawaka @ Marian (Mish) - Cavemen - If Cavemen have the answers at the QB position they should have a championship level squad this year. 

South

Northwood @ Jimtown - NW - I got a feeling Northwood will surprise like they seem to do every 3-4 years. 

Bremen @ Laville - LV - Laville has been on a better trajectory the last 4 seasons. 

Glenn @ Boone Grove - No idea

Hammond Central @ Washington - Hammond Central - They gotta be better than Washington, right? 

Osceola Grace @ Clay - DT contraction update after this match-up. 

Edited by npcougar15

Valpo Penn - Balis and the kingsmen pound the rock and takes this one by two scores

Elkhart @ Concord- Lions just have too many healthy weapons not to edge this one by 3 scores 

St . Joe @ Lakeland- they’ll look in one direction all night just like their 7 on 7s. Lakeland would have to man St Joes recruit with a 4 man bracket. Indians big. 

Adams @ Northridge - Adams has done nothing the past 3 seasons and it’s not going to change in the two weeks the new coach has put together his case of Madden expert coaches. Northridge by 4 scores 

Laporte @ New Prairie - if they can block the Cougars should take this one by 14

Mishawaka  @ Marian (Mish)- Marian lost its fire power to keep up with the well oiled ground and pound of the cavemen. Cavemen by 21

South

Northwood @ Jimtown- Jimtown has no one to go toe to toe with the Panthers highly recruited WR. Northwood by 21

Bremen @ Laville - what ever offense Laville decides to bring to the table will prove too much for the Lions. Laville by 28

Glenn @ Boone Grove - just a guess

Hammond Central @ Washington- no clue another guess

Osceola Grace @ Clay- The bishop sycamore of the North takes this one by a lot.

Gary West Side @ Riley - south sliders take this one in a battle. 

North

Valpo @ Penn I’ve seen Valpo in a scrimmage and while that must be taken with a grain of salt, Penn still has some mystique at home and a front 7 on defense that rivals anyone in the North.  Offense is tough to come by 13-10 Kingsmen in OT.

Elkhart @ Concord The Lions bring back a ton and Concord doesn’t.  First game under the lights caused the Lions issue last year and that and too many weapons gets Concord as it breaks open in the 2nd half.  34-7 Lions

St Joe @ Lakeland: Indians much improved 24-7

Adams @ Northridge: Not big on the Raiders this year but Adams has had very little time with a new coach in a rebuild. Adams makes too many mistakes… Raiders 27-19

Laporte @ New Prairie: NP s scary good at home.  QB runs wild.  35-14 Cougs

Mishawaka @ Marian (Mish): Mishawaka is my call in the NLC.  Another Fischer at QB and Marion is in for a rough regular season (for their standards) albeit they’ll be a different team come playoff time.  Mish 33-14

South

Northwood @ Jimtown: Ethan Evers is best player on the field.  24-21 NW

Bremen @ Laville guess

Glenn @ Boone Grove guess

Hammond Central @ Washington: as others have said, has to be better than Washington

Osceola Grace @ Clay ?

8 hours ago, Johnsnow said:

North

Valpo @ Penn I’ve seen Valpo in a scrimmage and while that must be taken with a grain of salt, Penn still has some mystique at home and a front 7 on defense that rivals anyone in the North.  Offense is tough to come by 13-10 Kingsmen in OT.

Elkhart @ Concord The Lions bring back a ton and Concord doesn’t.  First game under the lights caused the Lions issue last year and that and too many weapons gets Concord as it breaks open in the 2nd half.  34-7 Lions

St Joe @ Lakeland: Indians much improved 24-7

Adams @ Northridge: Not big on the Raiders this year but Adams has had very little time with a new coach in a rebuild. Adams makes too many mistakes… Raiders 27-19

Laporte @ New Prairie: NP s scary good at home.  QB runs wild.  35-14 Cougs

Mishawaka @ Marian (Mish): Mishawaka is my call in the NLC.  Another Fischer at QB and Marion is in for a rough regular season (for their standards) albeit they’ll be a different team come playoff time.  Mish 33-14

South

Northwood @ Jimtown: Ethan Evers is best player on the field.  24-21 NW

Bremen @ Laville guess

Glenn @ Boone Grove guess

Hammond Central @ Washington: as others have said, has to be better than Washington

Osceola Grace @ Clay ?

Mishawaka scrimmages Elkhart Friday that should be a battle.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:15 AM, Bucksweep22 said:

Valpo Penn - Balis and the kingsmen pound the rock and takes this one by two scores

Elkhart @ Concord- Lions just have too many healthy weapons not to edge this one by 3 scores 

St . Joe @ Lakeland- they’ll look in one direction all night just like their 7 on 7s. Lakeland would have to man St Joes recruit with a 4 man bracket. Indians big. 

Adams @ Northridge - Adams has done nothing the past 3 seasons and it’s not going to change in the two weeks the new coach has put together his case of Madden expert coaches. Northridge by 4 scores 

Laporte @ New Prairie - if they can block the Cougars should take this one by 14

Mishawaka  @ Marian (Mish)- Marian lost its fire power to keep up with the well oiled ground and pound of the cavemen. Cavemen by 21

South

Northwood @ Jimtown- Jimtown has no one to go toe to toe with the Panthers highly recruited WR. Northwood by 21

Bremen @ Laville - what ever offense Laville decides to bring to the table will prove too much for the Lions. Laville by 28

Boone Grove has been on quite the down cycle the last couple of years. Glenn should win easily.

On 8/6/2022 at 1:46 AM, Bucksweep22 said:

North

Valpo @ Penn something is telling me Penn takes this one

Elkhart @ Concord Elkhart by 13

St Joe @ Lakeland St Joe rolls

Adams @ Northridge Northridge wins

Laporte @ New Prairie NP runs past LP

Mishawaka @ Marian (Mish) Caveman cruise 

South

Northwood @ Jimtown Northwood takes car of business 

Bremen @ Laville LV wins

Glenn @ Boone Grove Glenn I guess

Hammond Central @ Washington HC wins

Osceola Grace @ Clay no clue 

North

Valpo @ Penn Penn (but gut says Valpo)

Elkhart @ Concord - Elkhart

St Joe @ Lakeland - St Joe

Adams @ Northridge - Northridge

Laporte @ New Prairie - New Prairie

Mishawaka @ Marian (Mish) - Mishawaka

South

Northwood @ Jimtown - Northwood

Bremen @ Laville -LaVille

Glenn @ Boone Grove - Glenn

Hammond Central @ Washington - Washington

Osceola Grace @ Clay - Clay

On 8/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, Bucksweep22 said:

South

Do you have some kind of personal knowledge related to the coaches Adams has hired? Feels unfair given they have yet to play a game. 

4 hours ago, Panther25 said:

Do you have some kind of personal knowledge related to the coaches Adams has hired? Feels unfair given they have yet to play a game. 

Are you stating it’s unfair because you’re offended by my post or do you have any relevant information to rebuttal my opinion. If not, watch the show play out….

Edited by Bucksweep22

20 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:

Are you stating it’s unfair because you’re offended by my post or do you have any relevant information to rebuttal my opinion. If not, watch the show play out….

Not offended. Just wondering if you have some real knowledge that has incited your disdain for these coaches or not. I have no need to offer a rebuttal, because I asked you a question. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, Bucksweep22 said:

Well I am offended by your remark about the Adams staff. Are they behind the 8 ball when it comes to having time with the kids? Absolutely. The Madden comment is what I take offense to. How many state titles have you won as an assistant coach? Just curious. The Adams head coach has the last two under his belt. I think his knowledge far exceeds that of a video game.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 9:24 AM, Panther25 said:

Not offended. Just wondering if you have some real knowledge that has incited your disdain for these coaches or not. I have no need to offer a rebuttal, because I asked you a question. 

Well all my predictions were on point and margin of victory as well, besides Boone Grove shooting themselves in the foot. Adams lost by 5.4 scores so I guess I know something.

On 8/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, knights1121 said:

Well I am offended by your remark about the Adams staff. Are they behind the 8 ball when it comes to having time with the kids? Absolutely. The Madden comment is what I take offense to. How many state titles have you won as an assistant coach? Just curious. The Adams head coach has the last two under his belt. I think his knowledge far exceeds that of a video game.

Last I recall I don’t see any assistant coaches in the win column in the record books and jumping on an established program that has had and had success (last night). Its a lot harder trying to win when you don’t have D1 recruits on both sides of the ball. Also, a little reading comprehension goes along way. I never stated he was a madden level coach I said the new coach has put together…meaning some of his assistants. But, appreciate the poor attempt to infer anything other then what I stated. But, Adams did lose and by a large margin 5.4 TDs. 

Edited by Bucksweep22

Let’s focus on some of the positives for the conference in week 1. Penn, Elkhart and New Prairie with dominant wins. My guess is it’ll be a 3 horse race this season and as of now will give the edge to the big boys(Penn & Elkhart).