Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Duneland athletic conference week 1

chime in!! The schedule is below with my predictions 

Andrean at Merrillville, 7 pm - this is my game of week for week 1! Both teams have talent. Andrean led merrillville by 1 at the half last year. But a few key players leaving schools gives merrillville the edge here. I have merrillville by 14! 

Morton at Portage, 7 pm- both programs are down. But I’ll take Morton by 7

Hobart at Chesterton, 7 pm- Hobart has one of the best athletes in state in gibson. Chesterton graduated too much. Hobart by 14

LaPorte at New Prairie, 7 pm- could go either way! I’ll take Laporte by 7

Lowell at Crown Point, 7 pm - does buzea have the bulldogs ready to compete this year! You bet he does! Crown point opens eyes in the DAC with a 20 point win over Lowell! 

Michigan City at Warsaw, 6:30 pm- warsaw offense could give Michigan city some problems. The 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense is not the easiest to beat if ran right. Michigan city has one of the top running backs of junior class I’ll take Michigan city in a high scoring game by 3! 

Munster at Lake Central, 7 pm- nothing to say here expect lake central takes it. Both teams are going to start climbing back to relevance but LC just has to much talent to not win this one. 

Valparaiso at Penn, 6:30 pm- is Penn of old gone for good? Can Valpo and coach Marshall rebuild there entire team? This is a toss up! I’m taking Penn in a close one by 3

18 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Andrean at Merrillville, 7 pm - this is my game of week for week 1! Both teams have talent. Andrean led merrillville by 1 at the half last year. But a few key players leaving schools gives merrillville the edge here. I have merrillville by 14! 

Hobart at Chesterton, 7 pm- Hobart has one of the best athletes in state in gibson. Chesterton graduated too much. Hobart by 14

Lowell at Crown Point, 7 pm - does buzea have the bulldogs ready to compete this year! You bet he does! Crown point opens eyes in the DAC with a 20 point win over Lowell! 

Michigan City at Warsaw, 6:30 pm- warsaw offense could give Michigan city some problems. The 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense is not the easiest to beat if ran right. Michigan city has one of the top running backs of junior class I’ll take Michigan city in a high scoring game by 3! 

Munster at Lake Central, 7 pm- nothing to say here expect lake central takes it. Both teams are going to start climbing back to relevance but LC just has to much talent to not win this one. 

Valparaiso at Penn, 6:30 pm- is Penn of old gone for good? Can Valpo and coach Marshall rebuild there entire team? This is a toss up! I’m taking Penn in a close one by 3

I’d be surprised if you have Andrean scoring…or Merrillville punting for that matter.

Trying to figure out how that’d be possible in a 14 point game but I’m sure you’d find a mathematical way for it to happen.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’d be surprised if you have Andrean scoring…or Merrillville punting for that matter.

Trying to figure out how that’d be possible in a 14 point game but I’m sure you’d find a mathematical way for it to happen.

you all think I don’t know football and your sad… but Actually Andrean was probably the toughest game we had all year last year in regular season. Drayk Bowen is a different type of man. I expect him to have 3 TDs alone. Both teams will score over 28. But I’m going with same score as last year 42-28. And I expect Andrean to be the hardest game this year again in regular season. 
 been saying all year I think Andrean is only team that scores 14 on us in regular season. 

- Merrillville will be too much. Might be close early but I think they’ll pull away in the second half like last year. The Pirates by 14 seems reasonable. Andrean has a legitimate shot at starting the year 0-3. 
- Morton gets the W. Most likely will be a defensive struggle like last year. I could see this in the 7-0, 14-7, 14-0 range. Won’t be pretty. 
- Hobart beats Cheesetown. The Brickies are young but I think the Trojans will be down this year. 
- New Prairie by 14. I think the Cougars have a legitimate shot at coming out of 4A North this year. LaPorte could be be better than expected as the season continues on though. 
- Crown Point by 14. For the first game of the year, Lowell lost too much production and CP returns too much for me to see this going another way. But these games are always close. 

- Warsaw by 7. I want to take City but I’m not sure how they’ll be this year. They lost a lot of production from last year and their best returning players have been hobbled throughout summer. With that in mind I’m giving the Tigers the edge at home. I’m interested to see how this one plays out. 
- LC should win handily. 

- Valpo has beat Penn 4 straight times. I don’t think they’ll make it 5. Give me Penn 21-10. Definitely one of the more interesting week 1 games. Are the Vikings rebuilding or reloading? We’ll find out. 

Edited by scarab527

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Actually the boy named Cody said you were sad, I swear to God he did. Gonzos just agreed with him. I gotta go 

More validation.  Triggering certain posters into name calling allows them to tell on themselves.

Edited by temptation

On 8/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, Piratefan101 said:

Penn has to have something left in the tank. They embarrassed Carmel four years ago, but it seems like yesterday. With a large enrollment with lots of resources, I think Penn stays relevant. 

Munster mystifies me. One would think they would have a better football program. 

Sounds like Hobart is back for good?

18 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

you all think I don’t know football and your sad… but Actually Andrean was probably the toughest game we had all year last year in regular season. Drayk Bowen is a different type of man. I expect him to have 3 TDs alone. Both teams will score over 28. But I’m going with same score as last year 42-28. And I expect Andrean to be the hardest game this year again in regular season. 
 been saying all year I think Andrean is only team that scores 14 on us in regular season. 

You made the exact same post on Facebook, which means you are who we thought "Piratefan101" is. The negativity thrown your way isn't about your football knowledge. It's about your continuous hyperbole surrounding Merrillville football that draws criticism. For starters, you consistently (3 years running now) grossly over sell the number of legitimate D1 recruits Merrillville has. 

• Haha 1

Battle of Broadway I think Merrillville will get off to a slow start, Andrean will punch above its weight and keep the game close, Pirates 28-21 

Portage vs Morton, I am taking Portage, 6A low level team over a low level 5A team who is the feeder program for Merrilliville, Portage 28-7

Hobart vs Chesterton, Close game the last several years, I will pick Trojans 21-10, they always have one of the best defenses in DAC

LaPorte vs New Prairie, NP owns the Slicers, won't change this year, 42-14 NP

Lowell vs Crown Point, I expect big things from the Bulldogs this year, starting with this game, Crown Point 35-14

Michigan City vs Warsaw, MC has won the last two impressively, shutting down Bart Ball, will be close win for MC, 28-21

Munster vs Lake Central, The ultimate bumping uglies game of the week, these two schools fly in the face of socio economic status

Valpo vs Penn, I am picking the Vikings until Penn shows me different. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

Battle of Broadway I think Merrillville will get off to a slow start, Andrean will punch above its weight and keep the game close, Pirates 28-21 

Portage vs Morton, I am taking Portage, 6A low level team over a low level 5A team who is the feeder program for Merrilliville, Portage 28-7

Hobart vs Chesterton, Close game the last several years, I will pick Trojans 21-10, they always have one of the best defenses in DAC

LaPorte vs New Prairie, NP owns the Slicers, won't change this year, 42-14 NP

Lowell vs Crown Point, I expect big things from the Bulldogs this year, starting with this game, Crown Point 35-14

Michigan City vs Warsaw, MC has won the last two impressively, shutting down Bart Ball, will be close win for MC, 28-21

Munster vs Lake Central, The ultimate bumping uglies game of the week, these two schools fly in the face of socio economic status

Valpo vs Penn, I am picking the Vikings until Penn shows me different. 

Battle of Broadway: I have a feeling Andrean wins this one. I don't like how unproven Merrillville is at multiple positions and Andrean is returning some key starters from last year. I'm betting it takes Merrillville a few games to gel. I'll take Andrean by 6. 

Portage vs. Morton: God help the Red Tribe if they can't beat Morton. 

Hobart vs. Chesterton: I think the loss of Mullen will slow the Trojan offense down out of the gates. Maybe all year. Agree they're defense will be stout. I'll take Hobart by about 7-10. 

LaPorte vs. New Prairie: Glad to see Bob James was finally given the job he deserved. But, I'll take NP big as well.

Lowell vs. Crown Point: It's time for the Buzea era to take off in Crown Point. Crown Point is either ready for 6A football or still a big school playing 4A/5A caliber ball. I'm expecting the Dogs to win big as well. 

Michigan City vs. Warsaw: No idea what to expect out of this one. City returns JR. Jaden Hart at RB who already has an impressive list of Power Conference offers. Have a feeling Warsaw gets revenge and pulls out a close W at home.

Munster vs. Lake Central: I hate to give DT credit, but he could be right that hanging onto an aging legend for too long killed Munster football. Richard Good is in year 2 of being next in line to try turning the Lake County giant into a competitive football team. Should have an easy W with Munster and then a very tough road trip west on 30 to play Providence Catholic. The Celtics aren't as strong as they've been historically; however, they'll still be a good early test for LC.

Valpo vs. Penn: Valpo apparently lost a lot of starters from last year. I have no idea what Penn is returning. I'll still take the Kingsmen at home by 3. 

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

You made the exact same post on Facebook, which means you are who we thought "Piratefan101" is. The negativity thrown your way isn't about your football knowledge. It's about your continuous hyperbole surrounding Merrillville football that draws criticism. For starters, you consistently (3 years running now) grossly over sell the number of legitimate D1 recruits Merrillville has. 

Triple the amount...but hey "I don't know football" so don't quote me on that.

Edited by temptation

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I never tried to hide that this was me? And idc if people know? lol. But in all reality last year we had 3 go D1 but 9 had offers. Just like going into this year. We have 5 with offers. And 3-4 that should have them by season end 

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Battle of Broadway: I have a feeling Andrean wins this one. I don't like how unproven Merrillville is at multiple positions and Andrean is returning some key starters from last year. I'm betting it takes Merrillville a few games to gel. I'll take Andrean by 6. 

Hobart vs. Chesterton: I think the loss of Mullen will slow the Trojan offense down out of the gates. Maybe all year. Agree they're defense will be stout. I'll take Hobart by about 7-10. 

LaPorte vs. New Prairie: Glad to see Bob James was finally given the job he deserved. But, I'll take NP big as well.

Lowell vs. Crown Point: It's time for the Buzea era to take off in Crown Point. Crown Point is either ready for 6A football or still a big school playing 4A/5A caliber ball. I'm expecting the Dogs to win big as well. 

Michigan City vs. Warsaw: No idea what to expect out of this one. City returns JR. Jaden Hart at RB who already has an impressive list of Power Conference offers. Have a feeling Warsaw gets revenge and pulls out a close W at home.

Munster vs. Lake Central: I hate to give DT credit, but he could be right that hanging onto an aging legend for too long killed Munster football. Richard Good is in year 2 of being next in line to try turning the Lake County giant into a competitive football team. Should have an easy W with Munster and then a very tough road trip west on 30 to play Providence Catholic. The Celtics aren't as strong as they've been historically; however, they'll still be a good early test for LC.

Valpo vs. Penn: Valpo apparently lost a lot of starters from last year. I have no idea what Penn is returning. I'll still take the Kingsmen at home by 3. 

Merrillville is unproven but a lot of those unproven players played half the varsity games last year. And we got a transfer or two from Andrean. That game is 100% gonna be drayk Bowen vs merrillville D

I do agree that Andrean is ginna be a tight game though. I just don’t think Andrean has a defense to stop merrillville after the half 

37 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

I never tried to hide that this was me? And idc if people know? lol. But in all reality last year we had 3 go D1 but 9 had offers. Just like going into this year. We have 5 with offers. And 3-4 that should have them by season end 

True or false?:  You once said 17.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Why did 6 guys receive D1 offers and not actually sign with a D1 school? Who are the 8-9 players that will have D1 offers by the time the season ends? 

• Haha 1

Regardless of how many offers Merrillville kids are receiving, we all know that the talent pool per capita is the same in the Region as it is in Fort Wayne or Indianapolis. However, as DT suggested, the Region isn't producing the same amount of D1 athletes that the other markets are. Fort Wayne has OPS and Traction AP and both are responsible for producing D1 kids. Are there any such facilities in the Region?

Why did 6 guys receive D1 offers and not actually sign with a D1 school? Who are the 8-9 players that will have D1 offers by the time the season ends? 

Our school and coaching staff and players normally decide to go where they can start as freshman which normally ends up being D2- junior college. Some do end up back in D1 after a few years. But case in example jo jo Johnson (merrillville/Morton) went to Notre dame. Tore ACL and now he is at a junior college after 1 year. So I have been told. 

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Regardless of how many offers Merrillville kids are receiving, we all know that the talent pool per capita is the same in the Region as it is in Fort Wayne or Indianapolis. However, as DT suggested, the Region isn't producing the same amount of D1 athletes that the other markets are. Fort Wayne has OPS and Traction AP and both are responsible for producing D1 kids. Are there any such facilities in the Region?

Umm not to disagree but you do know that merrillville is 2nd in the entire state of sending people to any level of school right? Only behind Bloomington north I believe??? 

28 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Umm not to disagree but you do know that merrillville is 2nd in the entire state of sending people to any level of school right? Only behind Bloomington north I believe??? 

I had no idea. If that's correct, then kudos to them. I was really talking about the Region as a whole.  If I were a betting man though, I'd venture to guess that Bloomington North and Merrillville don't rank #1 and #2. I have nothing to back up my claim, I'm just speculating. If they are 1 and 2, then I'd like to know who or what your source is. 

44 minutes ago, BTF said:

I had no idea. If that's correct, then kudos to them. I was really talking about the Region as a whole.  If I were a betting man though, I'd venture to guess that Bloomington North and Merrillville don't rank #1 and #2. I have nothing to back up my claim, I'm just speculating. If they are 1 and 2, then I'd like to know who or what your source is. 

He never has one.  He speaks of nameless 4-5 star D1 recruits and transfers and skips over questions about identifying them any time he is asked.

I'd love to see this source/citation on Bloomington North/Merrillville being 1-2 in sending kids to the next level.  Betting its another blind dart.

42 minutes ago, temptation said:

He never has one.  He speaks of nameless 4-5 star D1 recruits and transfers and skips over questions about identifying them any time he is asked.

I'd love to see this source/citation on Bloomington North/Merrillville being 1-2 in sending kids to the next level.  Betting its another blind dart.

That can't be correct, unless he's talking percentage of student body. 

16 minutes ago, BTF said:

That can't be correct, unless he's talking percentage of student body. 

Not sure that could logically be the case either as I would think a program like Cathedral would be leading there by a substantial margin.  Could be wrong though.

• Like 1