Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Duneland athletic conference week 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Not sure that could logically be the case either as I would think a program like Cathedral would be leading there by a substantial margin.  Could be wrong though.

And is he talking all sports or just football? I'm looking forward to him chiming in here. I really want to know what his resource was. Cathedral would be at the top of my list as well. I just don't think there is a legitimate stat out there for that information. 

4 hours ago, temptation said:

He never has one.  He speaks of nameless 4-5 star D1 recruits and transfers and skips over questions about identifying them any time he is asked.

I'd love to see this source/citation on Bloomington North/Merrillville being 1-2 in sending kids to the next level.  Betting its another blind dart.

Who asked me to name them? Never saw that? Because I can name the ones with offers right now 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

I had no idea. If that's correct, then kudos to them. I was really talking about the Region as a whole.  If I were a betting man though, I'd venture to guess that Bloomington North and Merrillville don't rank #1 and #2. I have nothing to back up my claim, I'm just speculating. If they are 1 and 2, then I'd like to know who or what your source is. 

I’ll find it again. Like I said it was a year or two ago. And I’m not talking just D1 college I’m talking all levels 

36 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Who asked me to name them? Never saw that? Because I can name the ones with offers right now 

I’ll find it again. Like I said it was a year or two ago. And I’m not talking just D1 college I’m talking all levels 

You have been asked multiple times to provide names to these transfers and 9 D1 kids and you keep trotting out the same 2-3 names...plus the numerous transfers that are going to make Merrillville "loaded" once again.  

The "power back" from Ben Davis.

The kid from Andrean.

The 6 kids that have D1 offers but are not committed anywhere.  I'm honestly not sure you even understand what "D1" means to be honest.

You ask for this every year and make Merrillville so easy to root against.

Edited by temptation

57 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Hard to imagine any kid choosing not to go D1 just because they won't be a starter..the difference in facilities alone...starting at a juco racking up stats would help them start as a soph at D1? If thats the case the talent wouldn't be hidden at practice.

I'm not sure I've ever seen that either. I'm sure it's happened, I've just never seen it personally. When a D1 program comes calling, you go. Look how many times a kid has been committed to a mid-major, then jumps ship at the last minute when a Power Five program comes calling. Kids always tend to gravitate toward the highest level of play.

Edited by BTF
Additional wording
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 9:49 AM, Boilernation said:

I haven't seen much out of NWI regarding Friday's scrimmages. Any noteworthy performances?

Merrillville looks more loaded than last seasons. They have 5 running backs that they will rotate around in backfield. Defense is undersize but they are extremely strong and fast. Secondary week 1 will have 4 players with D1 offers (transfers that came in with offers) 

crown point has a great running back and a big line. Defense is questionable. Ground and pound should be crown point style this year. 

Valpo is young across the board. A lot of potential but early on could struggle. 

Michigan city running back and QB look good. Tall athletic WRs but are young and have to become proven. Jaden hart RB is ginna be there X factor 

lake central has a great QB but really nothing else worthy. 

that's about all I know. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Merrillville looks more loaded than last seasons. They have 5 running backs that they will rotate around in backfield. Defense is undersize but they are extremely strong and fast. Secondary week 1 will have 4 players with D1 offers (transfers that came in with offers) 

crown point has a great running back and a big line. Defense is questionable. Ground and pound should be crown point style this year. 

Valpo is young across the board. A lot of potential but early on could struggle. 

Michigan city running back and QB look good. Tall athletic WRs but are young and have to become proven. Jaden hart RB is ginna be there X factor 

lake central has a great QB but really nothing else worthy. 

that's about all I know. 

Name the players and show us the "offers" please.

3 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Check your messages. 

Must be nice, make a statement, and once again, unwilling to back it up with proof for all to see. Players from other DAC teams with D1 offers have been seen in publications and social media, of which we all in the region can be proud of, not to mention just as proud of those who earned their way to a college education via Football and Academics no matter what division they will play in. Merrillville's program is awesome, no doubt.

7 minutes ago, DAC Life said:

Must be nice, make a statement, and once again, unwilling to back it up with proof for all to see. Players from other DAC teams with D1 offers have been seen in publications and social media, of which we all in the region can be proud of, not to mention just as proud of those who earned their way to a college education via Football and Academics no matter what division they will play in. Merrillville's program is awesome, no doubt.

As you would expect, the message was vague and underwhelming.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Coaches must agree. They have the Pirates as the #1 team in 5a. Sounds like they'll coast to Lucas. 

2 hours ago, DAC Life said:

And what if they had them before they came to merrillville program 🤷🏻‍♂️ We had 3 on ours. And the rest were transfers 🤷🏻‍♂️And I did share them 

5 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

And what if they had them before they came to merrillville program 🤷🏻‍♂️ We had 3 on ours. And the rest were transfers 🤷🏻‍♂️And I did share them 

Unfortunately I can say 1 transfer came from us in trey. He got offered a week before he transferred to merrillville. It’s out on social. And they got a DE from westside that has a offer from a MAC school! I know of 3 on defense and 2 on offense. Different players!! But I can’t wait for the niners to roll them Friday!

Just so we are being completely clear here, we have a poster claiming that a 5A school boasts NINE D1 football players on its roster…

If true, just cancel the season.  No one has a prayer.

For comparison’s sake, Center Grove I believe had 7 last year and was universally viewed as a top 10 team nationally.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just so we are being completely clear here, we have a poster claiming that a 5A school boasts NINE D1 football players on its roster…

If true, just cancel the season.  No one has a prayer.

For comparison’s sake, Center Grove I believe had 7 last year and was universally viewed as a top 10 team nationally.

Talent doesn’t always win the games. Us at Andrean have 3 all on defense. Coaching is a big part of it and you could give us merrillville schedule last year and this year and we would roll all the way to semi state no issues. Coaching is there flaw. He is region good and northern indiana good. But he isn’t Indy coaching good 

29 minutes ago, Andrean4life said:

Talent doesn’t always win the games. Us at Andrean have 3 all on defense. Coaching is a big part of it and you could give us merrillville schedule last year and this year and we would roll all the way to semi state no issues. Coaching is there flaw. He is region good and northern indiana good. But he isn’t Indy coaching good 

Sure, but NINE...and not even a semi-state title to show for it?  Come on.

Let's all remember, it was SEVENTEEN one year...

On 8/17/2022 at 8:06 AM, Andrean4life said:

Lol, "Indy coaching good.?" What makes a coach from Indy better than a coach from a different area. We've already determined that Indy schools have a massive amount of resources. But what makes their coaches better in your opinion?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, "Indy coaching good.?" What makes a coach from Indy better than a coach from a different area. We've already determined that Indy schools have a massive amount of resources. But what makes their coaches better in your opinion?

I think you just answered your own question. 

I think there are some very very good coaches in Indy. Guys like Moore, Gilbert, and Ralph are easily among the states best. I'm just not sure how you can conclude that coaching is better in Central Indiana. If you take away all mega schools and PP's, I think you'll find that there is pretty good balance throughout the entire state. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

You don’t think the coaching in Indy is in general better? 

Hard to define “better” without taking into account the “resources” he mentioned.

Not to mention, the “teaching schedules” that most central Indiana 4A-6A schools allow their coaches to have is not commonplace in most areas of the state…

Don’t even get me started on compensation again…

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Hard to define “better” without taking into account the “resources” he mentioned.

Not to mention, the “teaching schedules” that most central Indiana 4A-6A schools allow their coaches to have is not commonplace in most areas of the state…

Don’t even get me started on compensation again…

I think my point is those resources and schedules are exactly what's allowing the Indy coaching staffs to get further ahead. I've seen a few Indy teams play teams from outside that bubble these past couple years and I think it's pretty clear where the better coaching is. Maybe I'm wrong.