Sign in to follow this  
npatman

Trinity Lutheran Cancels Season

A few years ago, NV participated in the Triton Central jamboree and TL participated.  They had some nice individual talent on that team.  

18 minutes ago, WWFan said:

2 years in a row.....cant be a good sign

The cancelled the 2015 season due to lack of numbers. 

Que the DT paranoia.

This has been a bad situation from the beginning. Former coach sold them a bill of goods to get the program started before the school was ready for Football. They have since gone from co-ed soccer to both a boys and girls soccer team. An administration who doesn't have an understanding of sports in general in my opinion. The have a new principal this year, along with a new AD. Hopefully with a new administration in place they can move forward. 

This blows for the players and the teams they had scheduled to play. Hopefully everyone gets a chance to move forward in a positive direction. 

27 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Edinbugh call Whiting today 

I hope you're not a geography teacher! ;)

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Que the DT paranoia.

This has been a bad situation from the beginning. Former coach sold them a bill of goods to get the program started before the school was ready for Football. They have since gone from co-ed soccer to both a boys and girls soccer team. An administration who doesn't have an understanding of sports in general in my opinion. The have a new principal this year, along with a new AD. Hopefully with a new administration in place they can move forward. 

This blows for the players and the teams they had scheduled to play. Hopefully everyone gets a chance to move forward in a positive direction. 

Quick trip up I65.

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Que the DT paranoia.

Hopeful that soon the IHSAA will implement MPS (Minimum Participation Standards) , which will force programs on the edge to shut down.

In this case, less is more.  Fewer schools playing tackle football will result in better on field competitiveness for those that remain.  

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You obviously have not been on I65 recently. There's nothing quick about it.

Who cares? Move the game up an hour or play it on Saturday, I sure as heck would be devastated losing ANY of my precious football games with my brothers.

I can assure you the $150 bucks in diesel is worth it as opposed to sitting at home playing Fortnite.

Edited by silvertone1696
  • Like 1

What about implementing 7 on 7 for these small Christian schools or smaller enrollment schools in Class A.  Texas does that I believe. 

• Upvote 1

Texas has 6-man football.  It's a lot different than 11-man.  Scores are crazy.  You'll see stuff like 84-70.  Totally different O/D schemes.

The school year prior to realignment, they will have a "snapshot day".  Total enrollment in grades 9-12 on that day determines your classification for the next 2 school years.  Currently any high school with less than 105 enrolled is considered 1A and playing 6-man.  There are a lot of 6-man schools in Texas, and like the other classifications, are split into Div I and Div II.  I believe if a school wants, they can petition the UIL to play an 11-man schedule.  Not many do it.

Edited by Bonecrusher
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Starbacker said:

What about implementing 7 on 7 for these small Christian schools or smaller enrollment schools in Class A.  Texas does that I believe. 

Texas plays 6-on-6 and Oklahoma plays 8-on-8.

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Hopeful that soon the IHSAA will implement MPS (Minimum Participation Standards) , which will force programs on the edge to shut down.

In this case, less is more.  Fewer schools playing tackle football will result in better on field competitiveness for those that remain.  

I think this is the way to go.  Also, in conjunction with minimum standards, have schools that fall into the MPS group play in a rehabilitation class.  This class would allow for scheduling of games against other rehab teams and community teams (Jasonville, Martin County, home school, Dugger, etc.).  It *%#!?*s for scheduling but might actually help these struggling programs gain some momentum to be able to return to a full schedule.

15 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Texas has 6-man football.  It's a lot different than 11-man.  Scores are crazy.  You'll see stuff like 84-70.  Totally different O/D schemes.

The school year prior to realignment, they will have a "snapshot day".  Total enrollment in grades 9-12 on that day determines your classification for the next 2 school years.  Currently any high school with less than 105 enrolled is considered 1A and playing 6-man.  There are a lot of 6-man schools in Texas, and like the other classifications, are split into Div I and Div II.  I believe if a school wants, they can petition the UIL to play an 11-man schedule.  Not many do it.

Thank you for the clarification and I understand it may be different but kids get to play. Especially with the option to petition to play 11 on 11.  Our middle school played Trinity Lutheran for a couple of years. They had some good athletes which is common for Christian/Parochial schools. 

25 minutes ago, Starbacker said:

Thank you for the clarification and I understand it may be different but kids get to play. Especially with the option to petition to play 11 on 11.  Our middle school played Trinity Lutheran for a couple of years. They had some good athletes which is common for Christian/Parochial schools. 

Totally agree. 6-man, high-scoring ball is way better than no football at all.  Not knocking 6-man, just pointing out that it's different.  Yes they do have some exceptional athletes.  Down here private/parochial can recruit, so a good PP program can attract some legit players.

Edited by Bonecrusher

Just now, Bonecrusher said:

Totally agree. 6-man, high-scoring ball is way better than no football at all.  Not knocking 6-man, just pointing out that it's different.  

Indiana will never go to 6 or 8 man football.  It's 11 man or bust.  If you cant hack it at 11 man, shut er down and reallocate resources.  6 man football is like being half pregnant.  Its basically flag football without the flags.  

5 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Indiana will never go to 6 or 8 man football.  It's 11 man or bust.  If you cant hack it at 11 man, shut er down and reallocate resources.  6 man football is like being half pregnant.  Its basically flag football without the flags.  

Don't tell that to the ~150 schools down here playing it! Lol

One of the online football forums down here has the following description for the 6-man part of the forum: "Like basketball on a football field".

Edited by Bonecrusher
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Totally agree. 6-man, high-scoring ball is way better than no football at all.  Not knocking 6-man, just pointing out that it's different.  Yes they do have some exceptional athletes.  Down here private/parochial can recruit, so a good PP program can attract some legit players.

I'm pretty sure they recruit up here too...now whether they are supposed to or not is a different story 😂

1 hour ago, Starbacker said:

I'm pretty sure they recruit up here too...now whether they are supposed to or not is a different story 😂

You do realize the irony of posting that statement in a thread about a private school not having numbers to stay in 1A.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

You do realize the irony of posting that statement in a thread about a private school not having numbers to stay in 1A.

That is both funny & ironic

Maybe is should have just said parochial 😂

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Edinbugh call Whiting today 

Whiting needs week 8 so that would be rock creek academy. Lake station needs weeks 9 and they’re awful so that would be a good game for Edinburgh.

8 hours ago, silvertone1696 said:

Who cares? Move the game up an hour or play it on Saturday, I sure as heck would be devastated losing ANY of my precious football games with my brothers.

I can assure you the $150 bucks in diesel is worth it as opposed to sitting at home playing Fortnite.

Dude seriously, I was pimping Coach Nowlin. And 65 is a train wreck in southern Indiana. I don’t care where/who Whiting and Edinburgh play. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Dude seriously, I was pimping Coach Nowlin. And 65 is a train wreck in southern Indiana. I don’t care where/who Whiting and Edinburgh play. 

You're not kidding. I just use 31 now. 

19 hours ago, DrivenT said:

A long time ago there were 6 man teams in Indiana.  I recall that Rockville was very good as a six-man team.  Also there was an eight-man conference in the fifties and maybe the sixties.  Petersburg and the conference they were in fielded an eight-man team.  

• Upvote 1

The IHSAA can't even get behind seeding the top 2 teams in Sectionals.  My great, great grandkids will be taking weekend trips to Mars before there is 6 or 8 (or whatever) football in Indiana.