dave mosbey

Heritage Hills 5-0 at Gibson Southern 4-1

3 hours ago, Titan54 said:

Yes they did pressure the QB.  Sometimes with their front 4, but mostly with blitzes. 

For anyone who is interested. I’m bringing the grill out Friday will have brats and dogs.  All are welcome.  First round of brats will be ready at 5:00.  

I am looking forward to putting a dent in the first round! 

20 hours ago, gowesdel said:

The outcome of this game will answer a lot of questions in my mind......Jasper and Heritage Hills played pretty much even, in a monsoon, and Jasper without some key starters.  Does HH or GS have any key injuries at this point in the season?

As far as I’m aware of the only key injury for GS is Spindler. He was out against HC and from what I could tell was eased back in vs princeton. 

Could the weather be an issue for this game???  The news this morning talked of rain Friday night, just a thought.

6 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

Could the weather be an issue for this game???  The news this morning talked of rain Friday night, just a thought.

I heard hurricane like weather. Up to 60 MPH winds and rain. You guys should probably just play it safe and stay home. :07_v:

• Haha 1

hmm I do not think I can get out of CC practice in time 54.  But I am going to try.  Do you all like guys named Aydt and Ivy.  Just want to know before I say anything about them. 

Oh and no way is Southridge out of this conversation.  They are athletic, extremely well coached, and have a championship mentality to boot.  I just hope they keep the "LIGHTS ON" until we get to our cars after the game next week

32 minutes ago, TitanPride said:

I heard hurricane like weather. Up to 60 MPH winds and rain. You guys should probably just play it safe and stay home. :07_v:

Ahhhhhhhhh so like the Jasper game, we should be well adjusted!!  

4 hours ago, CS31295 said:

As far as I’m aware of the only key injury for GS is Spindler. He was out against HC and from what I could tell was eased back in vs princeton. 

Martin did not play against Princeton, shoulder injury. Not sure if he will be playing Friday. Spindler looked good vs Princeton even with his limited reps. Are the Patriots going to try and throw GS off with the passing game? Or are they going to stick with the run

15 minutes ago, _Titan_ said:

Martin did not play against Princeton, shoulder injury. Not sure if he will be playing Friday. Spindler looked good vs Princeton even with his limited reps. Are the Patriots going to try and throw GS off with the passing game? Or are they going to stick with the run

I was told at the Princeton game Martin should be able to go Friday.  That's the only information I've been told.  We need everyone healthy.   

1 hour ago, _Titan_ said:

Reliable sources tell me Heritage Hills is installing a completely new offense just for this week. It's something like an unbalanced, inverted, wishbone, shotgun with pre-play motion and shifts... Just a rumour though.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Reliable sources tell me Heritage Hills is installing a completely new offense just for this week. It's something like an unbalanced, inverted, wishbone, shotgun with pre-play motion and shifts... Just a rumour though.

Going back to 2014...you may be telling the truth lol.  I’m pretty sure one of the games they came out completely different in the second half and Gs wasn’t prepared for it. But they held their own just didn’t get the W...for both games. 

Didn't I read in the PAC thread before the season that Gibson Southern had 3 quarterbacks in their starting offense ??

Heritage Hills has the same with 2016 starting qb Carter and 2017 starter Jones both starting at running back.

38 minutes ago, dave mosbey said:

Didn't I read in the PAC thread before the season that Gibson Southern had 3 quarterbacks in their starting offense ??

Heritage Hills has the same with 2016 starting qb Carter and 2017 starter Jones both starting at running back.

Yes.  They have Dawson Witte, Seth Delong & Brady Allen as QB’s. 

Allen is good.  You can tell he will be a great QB & put up huge stats.  But right now, he isn’t very accurate and is scared in the pocket.  If HH can get to him even a little, they wil win.  They will, and they will. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Panthers1985 said:

Yes.  They have Dawson Witte, Seth Delong & Brady Allen as QB’s. 

Allen is good.  You can tell he will be a great QB & put up huge stats.  But right now, he isn’t very accurate and is scared in the pocket.  If HH can get to him even a little, they wil win.  They will, and they will. 

Pump the brakes freshman lol.

the marvelous thing about football is you have an offense and a defense. If heritage hills does get to Allen, that doesn’t mean they will win. Even a ranked HC team only was able to put up 23 points...don’t bank on HH being able to score at will. The defense is better than what most people realize.  Only takes 1 short field to flip the game for GS. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, gowesdel said:

The outcome of this game will answer a lot of questions in my mind......Jasper and Heritage Hills played pretty much even, in a monsoon, and Jasper without some key starters.  Does HH or GS have any key injuries at this point in the season?

Knock On Wood  but as far as I know HH is healthy with no key injury's, We lost our JV quarterback in week 2  but as far as the Varsity I believe the Patriots are fully healthy. We had a concern leading up to the Jasper game if one of our top players would play even had another player working on punting in warmups Friday night after the players returned to field for a brief moment before the postponement but that individual ended up not only playing but had a 70+ yard run setting up one of the tds and had the 53 yard punt that sealed the win.   

2 hours ago, CS31295 said:

the marvelous thing about football is you have an offense and a defense. If heritage hills does get to Allen, that doesn’t mean they will win. Even a ranked HC team only was able to put up 23 points...don’t bank on HH being able to score at will. The defense is better than what most people realize.  Only takes 1 short field to flip the game for GS. 

Why do we now refer to HC as a ranked team???  HC has been down for years, and has had a good start to THIS season, but I really wish people would quit acting like HC is a dominating team or something!!!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CS31295 said:

I'm still new to this so I hit something I was trying to reply to this one and Panthers 1985.  Anyway I will just type.  Don't leave the 3rd element of special teams out of this.  A return, FG, or punt could be deciding factor.  Cannot wait for Friday.  I think it is going to be a great battle.

1985- The Allen kid has done really great stuff especially for a freshman.  Sky is the limit  for him.

18 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

Why do we now refer to HC as a ranked team???  HC has been down for years, and has had a good start to THIS season, but I really wish people would quit acting like HC is a dominating team or something!!!  

Down for years?  Check your history.  Down for 2015/2016 yes. 2017 they made improvements. 2018 very much back. 

Why dont you have a look at how the team faired from 2002-2014. I definitely wouldn’t say they were down. They are still a good team and a very large school. It just would be as luck would have it 2 bad years for the first 2 years GS played them. 

GS picked them up expecting them to very much a tough and difficult task to handle. I’m sorry that you thought HC started playing football in 2015 

I think this game will show us all just how over rated the Titans are this year. I think Heritage Hills will win this game by a wide margin. 

24 minutes ago, HoopsRunner said:

I'm still new to this so I hit something I was trying to reply to this one and Panthers 1985.  Anyway I will just type.  Don't leave the 3rd element of special teams out of this.  A return, FG, or punt could be deciding factor.  Cannot wait for Friday.  I think it is going to be a great battle.

1985- The Allen kid has done really great stuff especially for a freshman.  Sky is the limit  for him.

I agree special teams will definitely play a factor. Over under on field goals kicked for Friday is probably 4 lol

Allen definitely has a high ceiling but there have been a lot of bumps and bruises to come along with it. While he has the arm and poise he is still young and developing in other areas.  One area in particular is his speed.  GS has been very blessed with QBs over the past decade.  The previous 3 all we’re capable of running the ball really well, especially J Scheller from 2010 to 2012.  The seller boys were also fast and could throw.  Allen is young though and still developing his muscles.  A lot of promise with the kid but he is still a freshman.  IMO he is all you can ask for out of a freshman and is doing very well.  But the standard at GS has been pretty high especially with Hart being a former qb  and because of that there are some growing pains and some pessimism 

Just now, CS31295 said:

I agree special teams will definitely play a factor. Over under on field goals kicked for Friday is probably 4 lol

Allen definitely has a high ceiling but there have been a lot of bumps and bruises to come along with it. While he has the arm and poise he is still young and developing in other areas.  One area in particular is his speed.  GS has been very blessed with QBs over the past decade.  The previous 3 all we’re capable of running the ball really well, especially J Scheller from 2010 to 2012.  The seller boys were also fast and could throw.  Allen is young though and still developing his muscles.  A lot of promise with the kid but he is still a freshman.  IMO he is all you can ask for out of a freshman and is doing very well.  But the standard at GS has been pretty high especially with Hart being a former qb  and because of that there are some growing pains and some pessimism 

Nick Sellers was a beast but I don't think I would call him fast. 

7 minutes ago, CS31295 said:

Down for years?  Check your history.  Down for 2015/2016 yes. 2017 they made improvements. 2018 very much back. 

Why dont you have a look at how the team faired from 2002-2014. I definitely wouldn’t say they were down. They are still a good team and a very large school. It just would be as luck would have it 2 bad years for the first 2 years GS played them. 

GS picked them up expecting them to very much a tough and difficult task to handle. I’m sorry that you thought HC started playing football in 2015 

If they were so good, and have been so good why did GS drop them from their schedule.  Yes I said years, that is plural for year which by definition is more than one!!  So I will stand by my statement.  My original statement was directed at people (mainly GS faithful) suddenly referring to HC as a "good ranked 6A KY school".  Which then leads me to my next question.....if they are so good why drop them???

8 minutes ago, CS31295 said:

Henderson is just outside the top 10 in the Kentucky 6a poll, largest class in Kentucky,  guessing they were top 10 before losing 34-14 to Kentucky 3a number 9 Caldwell County last week. 

So Hendersons losses are against Reitz and ranked Kentucky team.

6 minutes ago, Tigers18 said:

I think this game will show us all just how over rated the Titans are this year. I think Heritage Hills will win this game by a wide margin. 

I think you might be hitting the juice a little early this morning.  GS is very good.  HH is a good team.  These two teams play in the same conference.  These two teams have developed a little bit of a rivalry.  This game hopefully will live up to the billing of a good fight!  A close game into the 4th, with a big play winning it for one or the other.  Definitely not a wide margin IMO.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, CS31295 said:

I agree special teams will definitely play a factor. Over under on field goals kicked for Friday is probably 4 

Weather could change that, forecast doesn't look good.

HH went for it against Jasper instead of attempting a field goal and weather most likely affected that .