Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Is this a real coach's comment? Indy star article...out of touch? Doesn't leave the town much?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/08/03/indiana-high-school-football-ihsaa-coach-2022-season-schedule-games/65380582007/

Coaches Confidential: Who is the last coach you'd want to face in a winner-take-all game?

⬤ “Hard to tell private schools with the ability to recruit and unlimited resources kind of makes it hard to judge coaching. I think (Kevin) O’Shea at North Central does a lot with the guys he has.”

1 hour ago, Robert said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/08/03/indiana-high-school-football-ihsaa-coach-2022-season-schedule-games/65380582007/

Coaches Confidential: Who is the last coach you'd want to face in a winner-take-all game?

⬤ “Hard to tell private schools with the ability to recruit and unlimited resources kind of makes it hard to judge coaching. I think (Kevin) O’Shea at North Central does a lot with the guys he has.”

I like it.  Coach speak is boring.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

No. The Star is home to the most professional journalists. They would never compromise journalistic standards for the sake of getting a angle for clickbait. USA Today/Gannett loves you. 

You never read anything at The Indianapolis Star by Gregg Doyel or James Briggs, do you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Does a real football fan actually read Indystar?

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You never read anything at The Indianapolis Star by Gregg Doyel or James Briggs, do you?

Thankfully the paywall prevents me from reading anything Gregg Doyel related. Not sure there is a more miserable person on the planet right now than Gregg Doyel. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

The GID of course. What do you read?

Both the GID and Indy Star, primarily.  Also local television, newspaper and radio outlets like WLFI, WILO, The Frankfort Times, Lafayette Journal & Courier, Kokomo Tribune, etc.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Free ones in my case. I'm on a fixed income. Can't afford to pay for luxuries.

Yet you are a current booster for the GID.  

• Haha 1

Back to the original topic/quote:  Is this person really wrong?

I've said since the day I joined this forum that there are some GREAT/AMAZING coaches that simply get the most out of what they have but it is not reflected in their win/loss record due to a variety of difficult barriers and circumstances.  Even the greatest coaches that appear on this list would struggle to be the household names they currently are if they faced similar circumstances.

Put some of the names on this list at places like Dugger, Oldenburg, Tech, Bowman Academy, etc...and let's see how it plays out.

While it may seem like poor taste or sour grapes to some, that doesn't make it false.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Benbow inserting herself into a racial equality was a real doozy on Sunday! I bet she didn't break the rule of "making the story about you" because the story was impossible to tell in any other way ... just like she didn't do it for selfish reasons.

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Neither of which write the prep sports beat. Kyle Neddenriep, however, is one of the finest journalists left at the Star. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Neither of which write the prep sports beat. Kyle Neddenriep, however, is one of the finest journalists left at the Star. 

Cool, but he said ANYTHING.

Doyel was on record as stating that Carson Wentz’s unvaccinated status made him a terrible human being, that players would die if college football had fans, and thousands would die if the Indy 500 allowed fans.

And like most lefties, was DEAD wrong and refuses to acknowledge or apologize for it.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sit and spin 1

All i can say is if anyone has hopes and dreams of being a "writer/reporter" for a "newspaper" don't give up your dream bc if Gregg Doyle can do it ANY of us can, he's a hack on his best day, true meaning of the word "Beta" and fake woke idiot!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yet you are a current booster for the GID.  

No one forced me to pay anything to read the GID. If the money for my booster status did come from me, it wasn't solicited as a condition to read the Forum.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Cool, but he said ANYTHING.

Doyel was on record as stating that Carson Wentz’s unvaccinated status made him a terrible human being, that players would die if college football had fans, and thousands would die if the Indy 500 allowed fans.

And like most lefties, was DEAD wrong and refuses to acknowledge or apologize for it.

There’s one word to describe someone like Gregg Doyel, and that’s unhinged. Way too many people in that profession have just absolutely lost their minds in the last 5-6 years.

Nobody fell further and harder than Rick Reilly though. He hit every branch of the way down. Olberman needs 24 hour surveillance.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

There’s one word to describe someone like Gregg Doyel, and that’s unhinged. Way too many people in that profession have just absolutely lost their minds in the last 5-6 years.

Nobody fell further and harder than Rick Reilly though. He hit every branch of the way down. Olberman needs 24 hour surveillance.

Hate agreeing with you…but spot on.

42 minutes ago, sbriant20 said:

All i can say is if anyone has hopes and dreams of being a "writer/reporter" for a "newspaper" don't give up your dream bc if Gregg Doyle can do it ANY of us can, he's a hack on his best day, true meaning of the word "Beta" and fake woke idiot!

Back when the Pulliams owned it, they were all far right-wing nutjobs but at least they reported more on high school sports.