Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
dave mosbey

Heritage Hills 6-0 at Southridge 5-1

5 hours ago, Titan44 said:

How bout.....GO CENTRAL BEARS!!

47-20. 3 minutes left. Lol!! 

Colson Montgomery is the man and played a whale of a game.

Both quarterbacks were deference makers Sigler 171 rushing yards and 25 passing. Montgomery 180 passing yards and 73 rushing.

5 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Great game!  Look out 2A if Southridge could ever get healthy!  Way to pull it out Patriots!

They said on post game show I listened to on way home from game this was just the 2nd game back for the receiver Voergerl  who had 6 catches for 76 yards and both touchdowns . And according to a few Raider fans at game sounds like Shank is  close and Nunamaker  should be back.

Could be my imagination but seemed like after the Raiders tied it at 17 on that final drive where we killed around 8 minutes of clock that we went mostly straight Wish Bone  .

Great game it might be cliché but this is one of those games you say its a shame someone has to lose . Defenses controlled the first quarter with both teams punting twice, Patriots take 10-0 lead in 2nd, Raiders had late TD in 2nd making it 10-7 at half, Patriots score in 3rd to get 10 point lead back at 17-7 , Raiders score next 10 to tie it at 17 , Patriots regain lead at 24-17 and Raiders drive down field and get stopped on 3 straight pass plays in the endzone for the Patriots 24-17 win.

As close and good as this game was Heritage Hills still hasn't trailed in a game this season to anyone except Pike Central who had the safetie for early 2-0 lead.

14 hours ago, Titan44 said:

How bout.....GO CENTRAL BEARS!!

Update 

47-27 Final 

Followed this one on Twitter...  Congrats to both teams on a great game and to HH for the win and PAC title.  

19 minutes ago, tango said:

Followed this one on Twitter...  Congrats to both teams on a great game and to HH for the win and PAC title.  

Heavy favorite next two weeks but haven't won anything yet, Need 1 win to clinch share and 2 for outright.

Forest Park next Friday and finish with South Spencer .

Carson Liebering scored a goal Thursday night in the Patriots 6-0 soccer win over South Spencer, Scores another goal in the 3-0 soccer win over Dubois Friday afternoon, then kicks 3 extra points and a field goal   Friday night in this game.

This will be my one and only comment about the game from Friday evening.  First off my hats off to both teams for a very physically played game, I think it 's easy to say that both teams left it all on the field.

Heritage Hills should be happy with the win but should also know they probably didn't play their best game of the season.  Maybe they had a little hangover from the GS game.  Maybe they underestimated the Raiders who were down a couple starters.  The fact of the matter is this, when HH needed to step up and play championship caliber football, they did it with their last drive of the game.  Make no mistake, HH is a very good football team.

Montgomery is the real deal.  I was worried that with each passing week he was gaining more and more confidence, and my worries were correct.  Whether by legs or by his arm he seemed to be the only real threat for SR, but lord did he capitalize on his opportunities.  He is a very impressive young man.  I believe if SR gets completely healthy they could again make a serious run in 2A!!

To some this may sound chippy and nonsensical, to others it may sound correct and worth noting, but I am really curious about something.  HH may have been on of the fewest penalized teams in the entire conference going into Friday night.  On every meaningful drive they (HH) had, to possibly put the game away, they (HH) were called for a hold or a block in the back, or something, with 95% of the calls coming from one official in close proximity to a certain home team sideline.  Did anyone else notice this??? 

ANYWAY this was a very entertaining game to watch and be a part of.  The atmosphere was fantastic and the kids played one heck of a  game.  Good luck to both teams moving forward and SR get healthy, HH stay healthy!!

7 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

This will be my one and only comment about the game from Friday evening.  First off my hats off to both teams for a very physically played game, I think it 's easy to say that both teams left it all on the field.

Heritage Hills should be happy with the win but should also know they probably didn't play their best game of the season.  Maybe they had a little hangover from the GS game.  Maybe they underestimated the Raiders who were down a couple starters.  The fact of the matter is this, when HH needed to step up and play championship caliber football, they did it with their last drive of the game.  Make no mistake, HH is a very good football team.

Montgomery is the real deal.  I was worried that with each passing week he was gaining more and more confidence, and my worries were correct.  Whether by legs or by his arm he seemed to be the only real threat for SR, but lord did he capitalize on his opportunities.  He is a very impressive young man.  I believe if SR gets completely healthy they could again make a serious run in 2A!!

To some this may sound chippy and nonsensical, to others it may sound correct and worth noting, but I am really curious about something.  HH may have been on of the fewest penalized teams in the entire conference going into Friday night.  On every meaningful drive they (HH) had, to possibly put the game away, they (HH) were called for a hold or a block in the back, or something, with 95% of the calls coming from one official in close proximity to a certain home team sideline.  Did anyone else notice this??? 

ANYWAY this was a very entertaining game to watch and be a part of.  The atmosphere was fantastic and the kids played one heck of a  game.  Good luck to both teams moving forward and SR get healthy, HH stay healthy!!

You mean the same ref that threw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct on Tucker Schank when the ref ran into him on the sidelines when HH didn't get it on 4th down?  Pretty sure that should have been a sideline warning on the first violation.  HH scored their first TD on that drive FYI.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, SR2017 said:

You mean the same ref that threw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct on Tucker Schank when the ref ran into him on the sidelines when HH didn't get it on 4th down?  Pretty sure that should have been a sideline warning on the first violation.  HH scored their first TD on that drive FYI.

Well if you are referring to the play where  a player, with a jersey on, outside of the 25 yd  line to 25 yd line box, that players and coaches are suppose to be in, then YES that is the exact official I am talking about.  You see there are no sideline warnings for something like that, it is a penalty, had the offender been in the designated area, then there probably would have been a warning first with no flag.  AND let me be clear I wasn't saying that I thought the officiating was horrible.  I was saying of the 10 penalties called (HH 7-SR 3)  One person accounted for throwing his little yellow cloth 8 times.  I guess my math was off in my first statement, 80%!!!  Not 95% HA

Edited by Patriot74

I did notice their crew used headsets to communicate. Or maybe they just had them for looks.  Is that normal now for crews to use at the High School level?  

11 minutes ago, SR2017 said:

I did notice their crew used headsets to communicate. Or maybe they just had them for looks.  Is that normal now for crews to use at the High School level?  

Yea I think they all are going to that now.  What was the call on the HH punt return for a touchdown?  I didn't see a hold or a bad block.  The play is thirty yards across the field and the person in question throws a flag.  The two players involved had no affect on the outcome, and it sure didn't look like anything.   (Even on film)

3 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

Yea I think they all are going to that now.  What was the call on the HH punt return for a touchdown?  I didn't see a hold or a bad block.  The play is thirty yards across the field and the person in question throws a flag.  The two players involved had no affect on the outcome, and it sure didn't look like anything.   (Even on film)

I just can't bite my tongue (even though I know I should) - 

You wanna talk about impact on the outcome - do we need to reference the above 4th down stop again?? Absolutely no bearing on the play whatsoever. Sometimes you have to know when to eat your flag. 

You can always point to a number of calls in a close game that might sway the outcome one way or another. HH won bottom line, congrats to them. 

I just hope the HH fans that want to pound their chest do realize you beat the Raiders without a few key pieces ...very key. But again, no excuses, you won. Congrats 

17 minutes ago, jets said:

I just can't bite my tongue (even though I know I should) - 

You wanna talk about impact on the outcome - do we need to reference the above 4th down stop again?? Absolutely no bearing on the play whatsoever. Sometimes you have to know when to eat your flag. 

You can always point to a number of calls in a close game that might sway the outcome one way or another. HH won bottom line, congrats to them. 

I just hope the HH fans that want to pound their chest do realize you beat the Raiders without a few key pieces ...very key. But again, no excuses, you won. Congrats 

Maybe you should go back and read my original post.  Who is pounding a chest??  I said it was a hard fought, physical game.  I think I I used words like hungover, and over estimated.  Never chest pounding, or we are the best!!  You might want to read every post first.

Yes the punt return penalty or lack there of had no bearing on the outcome of a that play.  It's nice to know though that we can agree that the person in question was not particularly like by both sides!!

4 hours ago, jets said:

realize you beat the Raiders without a few key pieces ...very key. But again, no excuses, you won. Congrats 

Heritage Hills knows all about injury's, I can't remember the last time we made it through 7 games without having several key injury's several times lost 3-way starters to ACL and in 2013 we had a season like you guys and Jasper have experienced this season with 5-10 players out week in and week out, would get a few back then have more go out .

We have been very lucky  on the injury front so far in 2018 "Knock on wood"   

Imagine that.  Patriot74 has to complain about officiating.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Alduflux said:

Imagine that.  Patriot74 has to complain about officiating.

Imagine that.  You have to make some *Deleted*ic comment......AGAIN.  I wasn't complaining,  we won the game.  I asked if any else noticed that ONE official seemed to be the only official throwing his laundry around.  For both sides HE wasn't good.  So go back to Jr's Bar, whine some more about injuries and what could have been this year, have a couple more.......and then post something a little more interesting.  

Oh man, he brought out the JR's bar reference!  Its getting real in here.  That place is SKETCHY to say the least.  I will give them two thumbs up for their pizza.  Just get it and get the heck out of there!

On 10/1/2018 at 11:27 PM, dave mosbey said:

Heritage Hills knows all about injury's, I can't remember the last time we made it through 7 games without having several key injury's several times lost 3-way starters to ACL and in 2013 we had a season like you guys and Jasper have experienced this season with 5-10 players out week in and week out, would get a few back then have more go out .

We have been very lucky  on the injury front so far in 2018 "Knock on wood"   

Fewer injuries because strength and condition has been addressed after Coach Mundy left. His loss and Tom Goldsberry's are often forgotten because of coach Clayton's retirement. 

• Like 1