Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
dave mosbey

Heritage Hills 6-0 at Southridge 5-1

Heritage Hills 6-0 at Southridge 5-1.

This is the 49th time Heritage Hills and Southridge have met on the gridiron and the Patriots lead the series 34-14. Southridge is one of only 3 teams that was on the Patriot football schedule in their inaugural season in 1972 that the Patriots have played at least once every season.

Both teams come into this game 4-0 in conference play. The Patriots are averaging 44.5 ppg and giving up 5.8 ppg and the Raiders are averaging 40.8 ppg and giving up 15.2 ppg. Through 6 games the Patriots have 1973 rushing yards and 214 passing yards and the Raiders have rushed for 1834 yards and passed for 392 yards.

1972 HH 29 Southridge 8

1973 HH 10 Southridge 0

1974 Southridge 38 HH 0

1975 Southridge 9 HH 7

1976 Southridge 19 HH 13

1977 HH 29 Southridge 8

1978 Southridge 15 HH 11

1979 HH 36 Southridge 14

1980 HH 34 Southridge 2

1981 Southridge 7 HH 6

1982 HH 18 Southridge 13

1983 Record HH 13 Southridge 7

1984 Southridge 27 HH 14

1985 Southridge 45 HH 14

1986 HH 29 Southridge 0

1987 HH 40 Southridge 13

1988 HH 49 Southridge 22

1989 Southridge 12 HH 7

1990 HH 26 Southridge 6

1990 Sectional HH 27 Southridge 20

1991 HH 20 Southridge 0

1992 Record HH 39 Southridge 12

1993 HH 38 Southridge 0

1994 HH 42 Southridge 6

1995 HH 51 Southridge 6

1996 Record  HH 36 Southridge 12

1997 HH 46 Southridge 0

1998 Southridge 21 HH 20(OT)

1999 HH 31 Southridge 0

2000 HH 42 Southridge 6

2001 HH 30 Southridge 0

2002  Heritage Hills 42 Southridge 0

2003  Heritage Hills 43 Southridge 8 

2004  Heritage Hills 48 Southridge 28

2005  Heritage Hills 33 Southridge 0 

2006 Heritage Hills 26 Southridge 0 

2007  Heritage Hills 35 Southridge 13 

2008   Southridge 26 Heritage Hills 7 

2009  Heritage Hills 21 Southridge 14 

2010 Heritage Hills 15 Southridge 12 

2011  Heritage Hills 21 Southridge 0 

2012 Heritage Hills 34 Southridge 0

2013  Southridge 34 Heritage Hills 8 

2014 H Hills 33 Southridge 7  

2015 H Hills 17 Southridge 7

2016 Southridge 29 Heritage Hills 17

2016 Sectional Southridge 37 Heritage Hills 34 ( 2 overtimes )

2017 Southridge 17 Heritage Hills 7

• Like 1

Another tough September road test for the Patriots  against a very good Southridge team. Looking at the numbers it looks like the Raiders don't pass much more then the Patriots which is interesting since Raider fans were talking after the Linton game about more passing this season but outside of Jasper they really haven't needed to pass the ball.

The HH new Flexbone is similar to the Wing T the Raiders have ran for years.

Should be a great game and atmosphere. I thought on paper these would be the best two teams in the Pac this year. Good luck to both this week.  

With both teams running the ball almost exclusively, how long do you think the game lasts?  Hour and a half with halftime included? Lol

11 hours ago, CS31295 said:

With both teams running the ball almost exclusively, how long do you think the game lasts?  Hour and a half with halftime included? Lol

At least Southridge passes a little, The Patriots have attempted 32 passes in 6 games and the big games we passed even less with 1 attempt against Jasper and 2 against Gibson Southern. 

21 hours ago, dave mosbey said:

Another tough September road test for the Patriots  against a very good Southridge team. Looking at the numbers it looks like the Raiders don't pass much more then the Patriots which is interesting since Raider fans were talking after the Linton game about more passing this season but outside of Jasper they really haven't needed to pass the ball.

The HH new Flexbone is similar to the Wing T the Raiders have ran for years.

I now have even more confidence in the Patriots after my prediction for GS was right. They resemble the HH of old. Disciplined, strong up front, good backs that can read blocks, and they make you earn every inch defensively. 

Unless SR gets healthier heading into Friday, I don’t foresee this being very competitive. I’m thinking HH by 3+ scores.

Edited by SEAL_63

I'm sure they would keep it secret but will be interesting to see if Shank returns Friday, They were saying 5 weeks around week 2  and its pretty close to that. The way Calvert has been running the ball if Shank returned that would make that offense really explosive.

This game also features two of the better running quarterbacks around Sigler has 531 rushing yards and Montgomery 474 rushing yards, Both have more rushing then passing yards and Sigler substantially more. 

One other note : The Raiders with their 14 wins have beaten Heritage Hills more then any other school.

"I now have even more confidence in the Patriots after my prediction for GS was right. They resemble the HH of old. Disciplined, strong up front, good backs that can read blocks, and they make you earn every inch defensively. 

Unless SR gets healthier heading into Friday, I don’t foresee this being very competitive. I’m thinking HH by 3+ scores."

The Raiders thank you for the bulletin board material. I think they probably will show up and not concede before the game starts.

Although I give credit to HH for their play against GS, something tells me that GS had something to do with it too. The HH-GS game

kind of resembles the Jasper-Southridge game earlier this year. Or for that matter, the MSU-IU game of last night.

Bulletin material from a post from a Vincennes fan ?? Being a big rival game and both teams being 4-0 in conference should be all the motivation either team needs.

Btw HH threw 2 passes and even though Titans knew we were running the ball still rushed for over 300 yards.. Heck last year we lost the turnover battle in about every game and most by a wider margin then the 3-1 we had in the Gibson Southern win but that's not why we lost the games, we lost because our opponents were stronger up front.  

I expect a close game between two very good teams.

Last season it was tied at halftime and the Raiders dominated the 2nd half on their way to a 17-7 win. 

10 hours ago, stagecoach said:

"I now have even more confidence in the Patriots after my prediction for GS was right. They resemble the HH of old. Disciplined, strong up front, good backs that can read blocks, and they make you earn every inch defensively. 

Unless SR gets healthier heading into Friday, I don’t foresee this being very competitive. I’m thinking HH by 3+ scores."

The Raiders thank you for the bulletin board material. I think they probably will show up and not concede before the game starts.

Although I give credit to HH for their play against GS, something tells me that GS had something to do with it too. The HH-GS game

kind of resembles the Jasper-Southridge game earlier this year. Or for that matter, the MSU-IU game of last night.

"bulletin board material" from Vincennes GID poster?  If that really works in helping your team get ready, then you really ought to find some friends at other schools to post every week..  The theme remains the same this game will be determined by the offensive lines and turnovers.

Glad to know my opinion carries so much weight! 😅

But yeah it wasn’t a blind guess just because HH handled GS. I’ve watched some film on both teams’ game against Jasper. SR struggled against the Jasper front, and they will see a similar, if not better, group of linemen this Friday. I know it’s not that simple, but in a game where both offenses are predicated on sustaining drives on the ground and controlling the clock, it’s a big factor. On top of that, HH seems to be playing their best football right now. SR had trouble putting away a Tell City squad that lost to Pike Central just 2 weeks prior.

And as I said in the previous post, if the Raiders get some of their playmakers back it could make a big difference.  This doesn’t minimize what they’ve accomplished up to this point. They’re ranked in 2A for good reason. 

Edited by SEAL_63

Here's some more "bulletin board material" from a random Evansville area sports fan:

The Raiders will battle closely for a half but the Patriots will come out in the 2nd half and prove to be superior as they have against their previous opponents. Heritage Hills is sure to be riding high on momentum coming off of a win against GS. I think they carry that into Southridge and win 28-7.  

Football games between Southridge and Heritage Hills have in recent memory been very respectable, not as much jarring as with county-rival South Spencer or Tell City or the Evansville teams. 

Southridge even offered/allowed HH to use its turf to practice before semistate in 2014 because of the snow before the Tri West game. 

Holland, Dale, Huntingburg, Santa Claus, Mariah Hill all have deep farming, church, collegiate, teaching and other connections. 

• Like 1

At least now we have a definition of bulletin board material. It must come from the school you are playing. If it comes from some other school's fans, then people should

just take it in stride. Just like all of you guys would..............🙄 

I think stagecoach is the only raider poster on here trying to turn anything into bulletin board material.  Raiders know what they're up against.  That is all the motivation they'll need.  With the injury bug biting this year, I am not sure who does and doesn't play this game, but the real season starts week 10.  That is what we are looking forward to and if sitting kids until then to be healthy is what it takes, then so be it.  And don't get me wrong, the Raiders want to win every game, but if we lose this one, we move on, correct the mistakes, and control the controllables.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stagecoach said:

At least now we have a definition of bulletin board material. It must come from the school you are playing. If it comes from some other school's fans, then people should

just take it in stride. Just like all of you guys would..............🙄 

The proper term is troll, and VL's record against Heritage Hills speaks for itself. GS just embarrasses Princeton. With the rise of Gibson Southern, the PAC shouldn't bow to the almighty Big 8. Gibson, Southridge, and HH are consistently better than VL, Jasper and Mount Vernon/Boonville. 

• Upvote 1

Hate to say this but Heritage Hills by at least 3 touchdowns. They are leaps and bounds better than last year as shown in the GS game. Very well conditioned and strong. They handled the GS o and d line very well, considering they have some of the strongest weight room numbers I’ve seen. I hope we draw them in the sectional because I would want to see what a second game would be like. Good luck to HH and SR this Friday! 

8 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The proper term is troll, and VL's record against Heritage Hills speaks for itself. GS just embarrasses Princeton. With the rise of Gibson Southern, the PAC shouldn't bow to the almighty Big 8. Gibson, Southridge, and HH are consistently better than VL, Jasper and Mount Vernon/Boonville. 

Not sure who you’re referring to as the “troll”? And no one said anything about the Big 8 vs PAC.

We can visit that topic again at a later date.

• Upvote 1

I'd hate to see how he reacts to an actual troll after that reaction. Touche.  That offended and bothered by a prediction from an informed fan. 

Would the correct term here be snowflake?

Edited by Big8Football

43 minutes ago, Big8Football said:

I'd hate to see how he reacts to an actual troll after that reaction. Touche.  That offended and bothered by a prediction from an informed fan. 

Would the correct term here be snowflake?

Again, the records speak for themselves. How many PAC fans do you see stoking the fire on Jasper - VL topics? Be respectful. 

15 hours ago, SR2017 said:

I think stagecoach is the only raider poster on here trying to turn anything into bulletin board material.  Raiders know what they're up against.  That is all the motivation they'll need.  With the injury bug biting this year, I am not sure who does and doesn't play this game, but the real season starts week 10.  That is what we are looking forward to and if sitting kids until then to be healthy is what it takes, then so be it.  And don't get me wrong, the Raiders want to win every game, but if we lose this one, we move on, correct the mistakes, and control the controllables.

I also think Raiders are too well coached and have the championship pedigree that will show itself on Friday night no matter who can play for them and how long.  Excited for Friday night, cannot wait

3 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Not sure who you’re referring to as the “troll”? And no one said anything about the Big 8 vs PAC.

We can visit that topic again at a later date.

I did not view this as trolling.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Need a Snickers....................................

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Again, the records speak for themselves. How many PAC fans do you see stoking the fire on Jasper - VL topics? Be respectful. 

Come on man...be reasonable. I gave my unbiased opinion on the game and gave my reasons for it. It wasn’t some random prediction based on nothing. AND I PICKED YOUR GUYS TO WIN! If you disagree with me that’s fine. But do not accuse me of showing disrespect simply because I picked a team to lose. SR is a program with great tradition and has the hardware to prove it. I just feel that HH is a level above the rest of the PAC in 2018. But if the Raiders can get healthy for this Friday and pull off the upset then great! I hope they do well and can expose any weaknesses that the Patriots might have!

I still don’t know what the HH/VL series has to do with any of this. Yes, I realize HH was dominant in most meetings. That happened to a lot of teams in the Bob Clayton era.

And by all means, come stoke the fire on VL threads, if that is what you consider stoking the fire anyway. I actually enjoy reading other fans takes on the game. Isn’t that the whole point of the GID?