Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rballart

Endzone Camera

Hey everyone...just wondering what folks are using for their endzone camera if they are. What is the best route and most economic. We are looking to get one and believe we have the funds (looking to spend between $2000-$3000, if possible) Thanks for any help or suggestions to look in to...

AboveTheField is probably your best purchased option, but even the cheapest system will be $3,500.

You can build your own for $1,000-$1,500, depending on whether you already have a compatible camcorder. I'll put together a quick summary of the system I built and repost. It uses a 25 ft telescoping flagpole attached to a standard dolly. A Bescor tilt/pan head (same equipment used by AboveTheField) is attached at the top, with your LanC compatible camera. The camera is controlled by a VariZoom remote, and any number of portable DVD monitors can be used at ground level for filming. A wood box was built and attached to the dolly (surrounding the flagbole base), and contains two wheelchair batteries wired in a series. The batteries provide over 12 hours of power for the entire system, and enough ballast that you don't need the large tripod legs like most systems.

A detailed description of the build will follow.

I posed this question on the coaches board. I have asked around a lot as well. I just purchased one yesterday from Hi-Pod Inc. You can get the whole set up with their Hi-Pod Lite system for $2100. This includes a camera and everything you could possibly need. It is on a 24 foot pole. It looks like a good product and he said several teams in Indiana have it, including Batesville and Center Grove. 

I posed this question on the coaches board. I have asked around a lot as well. I just purchased one yesterday from Hi-Pod Inc. You can get the whole set up with their Hi-Pod Lite system for $2100. This includes a camera and everything you could possibly need. It is on a 24 foot pole. It looks like a good product and he said several teams in Indiana have it, including Batesville and Center Grove. 

This is the one I am leaning to as well...I have researched for the last week and this is the one I keep coming back to...I talked to a couple the use the sidewinder and it looks more for practice situations, I am looking for one to use to film games. I have a portable platform that we will use for practice so I am looking for more game use. Thanks for the replies and best of luck to all this season.