Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fridays? Thursdays? Saturdays? What's the answer?

Moshiner1345

Question

I'm seeing daily emails regarding Friday night games not having a crew for this season. On Eventlink I see 10 games currently without a full crew.  Many games with individuals linking-up to officiate for the first time together. Football officiating is very positional, meaning each position has a specific job on the play and a specific place to look. As a white hat myself, I have to trust my crew they are looking in the correct area. Does the group feel it's better to move these games to a different day (Thursday or Saturday) or carry on with thrown together individuals? Thoughts?   

10 minutes ago, 5GetsYou1 said:

Just that, I didn't mean BAD officiating, but it's obvious schools are going to have to take what they can get. That would be a good question for an AD, would you rather have a patch crew or cancel the game? 

What is another word for subpar?

Need synonyms for subpar? Here's a list of similar words from our thesaurus that you can use instead.

Not up to an expected or required quality or standard

inferior, poor, substandard, deficient, dissatisfactory, lousy, paltry, suboptimal, unacceptable,wretched crummy, lame, unsatisfactory, bad, crumby inadequate, shoddy, mediocre, second-rate

• Thanks 1