Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Max preps official preseason top 25

Agree, these pre season rankings don't mean much and are guesswork until at least August 19th.

On a different but somewhat related topic, Cathedral only has a 8-game schedule this year as the Sept 16th date is still open and I doubt it will get filled as all the other schools schedules are set.  Must be the fallout with the change in schedule criteria with GLC schools.  Also only two homes games for Irish so minimal bitching about Arlington will be have to be tolerated this year!

IMG_3090.jpg

19 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Agree, these pre season rankings don't mean much and are guesswork until at least August 19th.

On a different but somewhat related topic, Cathedral only has a 8-game schedule this year as the Sept 16th date is still open and I doubt it will get filled as all the other schools schedules are set.  Must be the fallout with the change in schedule criteria with GLC schools.  Also only two homes games for Irish so minimal bitching about Arlington will be have to be tolerated this year!

IMG_3090.jpg

7.5 game schedule.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Blitz said:

Overall a good writeup. Stats don't lie. Your only blemish was the comment about no 6A team being competitive in the last decade. Snider was probably a Top 5 team in 2017 and was one mishap from routing the Greyhounds on their way to a semi-state appearance. I also think you have to give Carroll some props last year. They were Top 10 in my opinion. Down only 8 points late in the third quarter against Westfield has to be considered "competitive." And if it wasn't for the injury bug, Homestead was Top 10 in 2019. In terms of wins and losses? Yeah, the article is pretty much spot on. Get better or get used to it. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 8:29 PM, hhpatriot04 said:

Is Cathedral going to be any good this season? 

6 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Hammond Morton? Lol 

Yup, I think Irish were to play Roncolli last year and they pulled out before season started, and we tried to fill schedule spot and that was best we could get.

7 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Is Morton vs Cathedral the most ridiculous game in the state? When I saw that on the schedule last year I literally just started laughing. 

@Footballking16might drop by to actually explain why the Irish should be applauded for scheduling the game and even go as far to say they should be underdogs due to the enrollment discrepancy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BTF said:

Overall a good writeup. Stats don't lie. Your only blemish was the comment about no 6A team being competitive in the last decade. Snider was probably a Top 5 team in 2017 and was one mishap from routing the Greyhounds on their way to a semi-state appearance. I also think you have to give Carroll some props last year. They were Top 10 in my opinion. Down only 8 points late in the third quarter against Westfield has to be considered "competitive." And if it wasn't for the injury bug, Homestead was Top 10 in 2019. In terms of wins and losses? Yeah, the article is pretty much spot on. Get better or get used to it. 

Great points. 

Something Blitz didn't mention in regards to folks scoffing at Avon and Noblesville ranked. That really good 2019 Homestead team you mentioned needed OT to beat the Millers in 2019. Noblesville was 1-9 that year.  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

@Footballking16might drop by to actually explain why the Irish should be applauded for scheduling the game and even go as far to say they should be underdogs due to the enrollment discrepancy.

Good opportunity for the youngsters. 

With Cathedral already having an open date, this board would have exploded had the Irish only played a 7 game regular schedule, along with having an extra week before the start of sectionals…with you of course leading the charge.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

Yup, I think Irish were to play Roncolli last year and they pulled out before season started, and we tried to fill schedule spot and that was best we could get.

They played Morton last year too. And from what I understand this is like a 5-6 year contract 

53 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

HSFA 300  Preseason national rankings

No. 26    Cathedral
No. 43    Center Grove
No. 128    Carmel 
No. 137    Brownsburg 
No. 165    Westfield
No. 249    Warren Central 
No. 251    Ben Davis

Missing merrillville at 259? At least that’s what max preps had them at a week ago. Lol 😂 probably changed now 

2 hours ago, Blitz said:

Great points. 

Something Blitz didn't mention in regards to folks scoffing at Avon and Noblesville ranked. That really good 2019 Homestead team you mentioned needed OT to beat the Millers in 2019. Noblesville was 1-9 that year.  

Paging @BTF

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Good opportunity for the youngsters. 

With Cathedral already having an open date, this board would have exploded had the Irish only played a 7 game regular schedule, along with having an extra week before the start of sectionals…with you of course leading the charge.

Nah, as long as they don’t water down the field again I’m cool.  They could skip the entire regular season for all I care.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blitz said:

Great points. 

Temptation and I have had some fun conversations about that 2019 Homestead team. I'm not sure the Spartans got the motivation they needed for Noblesville. Too many people look at wins and losses and not the quality of the competition. I don't think they were too jacked up to travel 2 hours to play a 1-9 football team. The Miller's were under estimated for sure. The following week they outplayed Indy's best team for a half without their best player. In fact, I think a healthy Homestead team was probably Top 5 that year. 

I have no issues with Noblesville and Avon being pre-season Top 25. But I have a major issue with no Fort Wayne teams in a Top 25 poll. It's never happened in the history of the game, and it won't happen this year either. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Paging @BTF

Happy dickhead?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Cody P has passion for his team. No crime in that.

No crime in that.  Commenting on every region in the state as if you’re the top authority, when it fact it’s coming strait from your @$$ is something completely different. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BTF said:

Temptation and I have had some fun conversations about that 2019 Homestead team. I'm not sure the Spartans got the motivation they needed for Noblesville. Too many people look at wins and losses and not the quality of the competition. I don't think they were too jacked up to travel 2 hours to play a 1-9 football team. The Miller's were under estimated for sure. The following week they outplayed Indy's best team for a half without their best player. In fact, I think a healthy Homestead team was probably Top 5 that year. 

I have no issues with Noblesville and Avon being pre-season Top 25. But I have a major issue with no Fort Wayne teams in a Top 25 poll. It's never happened in the history of the game, and it won't happen this year either. 

Happy dickhead?

The biggest thing that will help northeast Indiana, or at least the SAC, is non-conference games. The toughest league in the area and one of the top 3-4 in the state is in a bubble until the playoffs. It isn't good when it comes to opening eyes in other regions in Indiana. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Blitz said:

The biggest thing that will help northeast Indiana, or at least the SAC, is non-conference games. The toughest league in the area and one of the top 3-4 in the state is in a bubble until the playoffs. It isn't good when it comes to opening eyes in other regions in Indiana. 

Agree. It also gives our teams a false sense of superiority when they play a one win team out of Indy. When you're playing the MIC or HHC, you put your best foot forward or you clean out your lockers. It's really that simple.

Mega giants Carmel, Ben Davis, and Warren Central groomed the rest of Indy. Indy groomed the burbs. The SAC groomed Homestead and Carroll. Now playing outside the bubble, Indy teams in particular, will groom the SAC.

Great job with outsidethehuddle.net. Some of the best promotion of high school football I've seen. More of us should support our local athletics versus giving our hard earned dollars to billion dollar college programs and overpaid professional athletes and coaches. They seem to understand this in Texas and Ohio. High school football stadiums in Indiana have way too many empty seats. How many times have you heard, "I don't have any kids in high school anymore?" My response: "Oh really, how many do you have playing at Notre Dame and the Colts?"

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree. It also gives our teams a false sense of superiority when they play a one win team out of Indy. When you're playing the MIC or HHC, you put your best foot forward or you clean out your lockers. It's really that simple.

Mega giants Carmel, Ben Davis, and Warren Central groomed the rest of Indy. Indy groomed the burbs. The SAC groomed Homestead and Carroll. Now playing outside the bubble, Indy teams in particular, will groom the SAC.

Great job with outsidethehuddle.net. Some of the best promotion of high school football I've seen. More of us should support our local athletics versus giving our hard earned dollars to billion dollar college programs and overpaid professional athletes and coaches. They seem to understand this in Texas and Ohio. High school football stadiums in Indiana have way too many empty seats. How many times have you heard, "I don't have any kids in high school anymore?" My response: "Oh really, how many do you have playing at Notre Dame and the Colts?"

Thanks for the kind words BTF! Labor of love for sure. Really looking forward to 2023 and beyond with not only the games with out-of-area squads, but some NE8-SAC matchups as well. 

2 minutes ago, Blitz said:

Thanks for the kind words BTF! Labor of love for sure. Really looking forward to 2023 and beyond with not only the games with out-of-area squads, but some NE8-SAC matchups as well. 

2023 can't come soon enough. The first two weeks of the season will be interesting and exciting to say the least :). As far as the 2022 is concerned, I'm looking forward to one SAC team in particular that has potential for a state title run. 

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Dave, what's the change in schedule criteria with the GCL schools? Very interested to hear as I enjoy seeing those schools on Indiana schedules.

I can't recall exactly but from what I understand the way the 2022 tournament works now in Ohio - which the GLC league resides - if a GLC school has a loss during the regular season against a non-GLC opponent it can hurt them more than it can help them during tournament seeding regardless how good that opponent is.   I am sure Footballking16 can provide better explanation.