Jump to content
Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

If Marian is able to defeat Washington, they will be tied with Bremen for a piece of the NIC South championship.  Jimtown's loss to Riley cost  prevented it from becoming a three way tie for the south  championship

Edited by yellowjacket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Bremen recover against a decent CMA team?

Can NP handle the EC running back?  Can EC stop NP with enough discipline to do so?

Penn - Mish the back yard brawl how will this one play out  having seen both teams I see strengths and weaknesses but emotion will play a big part in this game

Marian with a chance to tie for NIC South

Adams - SJ the neighborhood battle  see how SJ defends the Adams QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Adams - SJ the neighborhood battle  see how SJ defends the Adams QB

I foresee a boatload of penalties in this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect Bremen to keep it pretty simple and not show a whole lot with Woodlan looming in the first round of sectionals. Credit Jimtown for playing a great game last week, definitely showed some areas that Bremen needs to tweak to have a great run in 2A. But despite keeping it simple, I look for a very solid effort out of the Lions and hopefully pulling out a squeaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Mishawaka keeping Penn on the schedule after moving to The NLC?

Or have the schools mutually decided to part ways?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Is Mishawaka keeping Penn on the schedule after moving to The NLC?

Or have the schools mutually decided to part ways?

 

 

They should have 2 non conf dates available, Penn has 4, maybe 5 now. I see the rivalry game continuing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mishawaka announced earlier this year that the series will continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caveman said:

Mishawaka announced earlier this year that the series will continue.

That will knock out a Duneland opponent, or possibly two.  

Which Region school does Mishawaka most like to play against?

 

 

Edited by DrivenT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AverageAmericanMale said:

 

Cant imagine two more annoying guys on TV than Randy Moss and Jalen Rose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Cant imagine two more annoying guys on TV than Randy Moss and Jalen Rose.

 

 

Then you’re pretty unimaginative.

 

Edited by AverageAmericanMale
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DrivenT said:

That will knock out a Duneland opponent, or possibly two.  

Which Region school does Mishawaka most like to play against?

 

 

Portage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be a "dumb" question, but is Mishawaka still running the same offensive philosophy that they were when Curtis was their coach? If so, that'll be helpful for Penn (and unfortunate for my Tigers) with their week 1 sectional matchup. Basically 3 full weeks with the bye week to plan for and prepare against "Bart Ball"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

This may be a "dumb" question, but is Mishawaka still running the same offensive philosophy that they were when Curtis was their coach? If so, that'll be helpful for Penn (and unfortunate for my Tigers) with their week 1 sectional matchup. Basically 3 full weeks with the bye week to plan for and prepare against "Bart Ball"

yes

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Penn plays Valpo and Mishawaka and keeps 2 parochial powers that is 4 decent opponents for them.

The one fact that is not known is what with the NIC do when Misahwaka leaves and your have 6 team divisions.  Will they add more games?  Or will they let each school have 4 non conference opponents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor has it Marian will move to the North(large school) division.  Can you verify?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, yellowjacket said:

Rumor has it Marian will move to the North(large school) division.  Can you verify?

Have not heard that one.  The interesting things is what will Sb be doing with one of their high schools.  There are rumors that Clay as a traditional high school days are numbered.  If they eliminate athletics there and make it just an arts and vocational tech high school without sports there could be other changes in enrollment. With our school board who really knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the SBCSC would be doing a favor to all schools if they eliminated all sports at Clay.  If any student wants to play a sport, let them transfer to 1 of the other three schools.  It's really a shame what Dr. Spell has done to the once proud  Clay athletic program.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BSUKingsmen said:

Don't count on Penn Football remaining in the NIC for too long.

Since few public schools are independent, will Penn be able to come up with the resources to travel distances and then take a hit at the home gate since their schedule will probably be made up of schools some distance from the area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BSUKingsmen said:

Don't count on Penn Football remaining in the NIC for too long.

Tell us more. Are they going to be the IMG of Indiana?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Since few public schools are independent, will Penn be able to come up with the resources to travel distances and then take a hit at the home gate since their schedule will probably be made up of schools some distance from the area?

They're already taking a hit at the gate.  Mishawaka is about the only good visiting gate.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BSUKingsmen said:

They're already taking a hit at the gate.  Mishawaka is about the only good visiting gate.

When do you expect Penn to announce their departure from The NIC?

Is CMA a potential NIC candidate?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×