Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
FCFAN1990

WRC 2018

Anyone out there watching the WRC this year?   Based on my name...I am. 🙂  What people thoughts on it? 

I keep an eye on it for sure as I am from the area, just never go to the games.

I think this year it's going to be a race between Covington, Parke Heritage, Fountain Central and North Vermillion although I feel with some losses teams had last year, Parke Heritage is going to be at the top. They have the best player in the conference and are going to be pretty solid.

1. Parke Heritage

2. Covington

3. Fountain Central

4. North Vermillion

5. Riverton Parke

6. Seeger

7. South Vermillion

8. Attica 

9. Seeger

FC is going to be in a different mind set this year and to come.  I think a new BB Coach will give them a different look this year. 

What does WRC teams return from last year? even though I'm a Seeger fan, I have no idea what they return as far as contributors and starters. Do you think Parke Heritage has what it takes to dethrone Covington? Or is Covington turning into an area institution and every one else will be playing catch up to them like everyone in the conference was to Seeger in Football in the late 90's to mid-2000's?

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:52 PM, MasonHAsher said:

I think this year it's going to be a race between Covington, Parke Heritage, Fountain Central and North Vermillion although I feel with some losses teams had last year, Parke Heritage is going to be at the top. They have the best player in the conference and are going to be pretty solid.

who is this player you are talking about?

3 hours ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

who is this player you are talking about?

Landon Newnum.

Edited by MasonHAsher

On 10/22/2018 at 9:52 PM, MasonHAsher said:

I keep an eye on it for sure as I am from the area, just never go to the games.

1. Parke Heritage

2. Covington

3. Fountain Central

4. North Vermillion

5. Riverton Parke

6. Seeger

7. South Vermillion

8. Attica 

9. Seeger

These predictions are interesting at the least...laughable at best!  Seeger is so bad they are going to finish in 2 of the 4 cellar spots!  I’d bet a lot of cash on SV being better than 7th also.  

11 hours ago, OldSage said:

These predictions are interesting at the least...laughable at best!  Seeger is so bad they are going to finish in 2 of the 4 cellar spots!  I’d bet a lot of cash on SV being better than 7th also.  

Inserting Seeger in twice was my mistake. Why do you think SV is going to finish better than 6th/7th? They lose Wiltermood and Kalber...no one can replicate a 6'10 guy in the middle. I watched them probably three times last year and quite simply they weren't very good.

43 minutes ago, MasonHAsher said:

Inserting Seeger in twice was my mistake. Why do you think SV is going to finish better than 6th/7th? They lose Wiltermood and Kalber...no one can replicate a 6'10 guy in the middle. I watched them probably three times last year and quite simply they weren't very good.

Outside of losing a 6’10 kid that was definitely a defensive stopper in the WRC, SV didn’t lose much offensively, and they probably have better young offensive replacements for what they lost.  They also have a “transfer” freshman that will be a solid player.  They went 5-2 in the WRC last year and I don’t see that changing much.  

Seeger has some solid players back.  Losing the PG is a big loss, but they will be in the top half.

You have rated PH way too high.  Both teams were not very strong last year.

NV has everyone back but their PG.  That’s a big loss, but they’ll be good.

Attica also has most of their guys back...the main ones especially.  Don’t sleep on them.

FC will be bottom half.

RP lost some big pieces.

Covington is still hands down the best team.

I feel.  

Covington

SV

Seeger

NV

FC

Attica

PH

RP

With the Middle three battling it out. Ive been wrong before....hell it could be flipped. LOL!!

Correct me if I’m wrong, this was the ranking last year?

1. Covington

- Covington while losing their 2 leading scorers, one accounting for 30% of offensive scoring in Pettit, while being the leading rebounder also.  They will be the team to beat until proven wr

2. Seeger

- losing the leading scorer by a wide margin, a lot of key pieces returning including Waling.?

3. South Vermillion

- as stated above by another member, 6’10” Kalber doesn’t just reappear.  Didn’t seem like a real solid team outside of that.  Could be wrong didn’t see a lot of games.

4. fountain Central

- appeared to be a pretty weak team from a shooting perspective.  Losing a very solid senior core.  Butts should help the team move forward away from that core.

5. North Vermillion

Ive had conversations about this team lately.  Only losing one senior.  A healthy Zyaan Taylor will replicate the loss of the Ellis PG.  I’ve heard Trevor Eppert will be greatly improved going into his senior season.  Also, I’m not sure if it’s true, but some players sound pretty excited about a transfer coming in.

6. Attica

- don’t know much about this team. 

7. Riverton parke

- again, losing leading scorers.

8. Rockville

9. Turkey run

- I agree Newnum is a good ball player.  The 4 Turnovers p/g don’t help his resume.  The two worst teams in the conference don’t combine to make the best.

Correct me if I’m wrong with the above information, I’m definitely not an insider for every school lol.  

My prediction -

1. Covington

2. Seeger

3. North Vermillion

4. Fountain Central

5. South Vermillion

6. Park Heritage 

7. attica

8. Riverton Parke 

I have been hearing that NV, SV, and FC may all have transfers coming in.  Do you guys know any idea of level of impact?   Or just a wait 2 more weeks to see?  Lol.  Any game changers of note?  

FC:  new coach’s son.  I’m sure he’ll help.

SV:  Frosh that was their QB.  Supposed to be a good basketball player as well.

NV:  transfer from Westfield.  Heard he’s a difference maker for sure.

I personally think Parke Heritage will be much better than what people think.

Newnum and white averaged 30.6 and turkey run had that nice looking freshman last year.

If they can combine to average around 52 ppg. The role players in sure can average around 8 or 9 combined.

I’m sure PH will be better than what people think, along with better than last year.  Nobody saw the football team being as good as what they were. They have some athletes no question.

I just don’t see them beating some of the better teams.  Especially Convington that everybody is looking up at.  Along with a re-loaded and confident NV that was already 1 or 2 pieces from making a big run in the tournament last year.  

Scrimmages starting this week.  FC has one at Central Catholic.  What other teams have scrimmages this week? 

Not sure about PH or RP.  Also not sure about NV scrimmage status as they have football players still competing this week in semi-state.   

Thursday November 15 

FC vs Central Catholic 6:00

Covington @ Crawfordsville 7:00

Friday November 16

SV @ Clay City 6:00

Saturday November 17

Attica vs Pioneer 11:30

Seeger vs North Putnam 12:30

NV vs South Putnam 2:00

Edited by WetWilly93

I think that’s what it is.  I originally put i wasn’t sure about SV & RP then saw I had SV down.  Must have switched them around.