Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Eastside10

Western Boone at Indianapolis Scecina

Rematch from last year Regional.... Two good teams!

Let’s get the thread going!

Last year Webo came into that game as the underdog and the outcome reflected that.  This year the matchup appears to be much closer.  After the last two Fridays taking place on grass with so-so footing, I am looking forward to the turf at Roncalli.  I’m sure it will benefit the athleticism of both teams but I like it when Webo can use the full potential of its offensive tools.  

I believe Webo’s go-to guys are healthy right now aside from some expected bumps and bruises.  It was nice to get the JV in the second half last night to rest the starters.  All things equal, one thing that might benefit Webo is its big sectional game took place last week vs Tipton (thanks to IHSAA’s magic lottery balls) while Scecina will play two big games back to back.  Regardless, I’m expecting to see some good football next Friday.  

Edited by BigTimeDB

18 minutes ago, ronniepunkinseed said:

So the game is at Roncalli?

That’s what the Webo AD posted on Twitter.  

40 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Best two teams in 2A?

I think there is good stuff up North too.

Still, this should be a helluva game.  Would love to go to it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

I think there is good stuff up North too.

Still, this should be a helluva game.  Would love to go to it.

Western Boone Radio and TV have been doing Live YouTube broadcast of the games. 

• Upvote 1

Scecina put 48 on Webo last year and still has Ayres at QB.  

Great game between Scecina and Triton Central!

True that Scecina had a couple guys out? Will they be back this week?

Heard Woods (Leading Tackler & LB for Scecina) is out with Torn ACL.  Hate that for that kid.  

Webo is pretty healthy.  I think this game is closer than last years match up.  We know they still have Ayres and Baker... Along with Middlebrook. 

If Scecina plays anywhere close to the way they did on Friday against Triton Central, they are in serious trouble.

These are the two best teams in 2A.  Webo is better and they will win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Dan Jones said:

If Scecina plays anywhere close to the way they did on Friday against Triton Central, they are in serious trouble.

Agree about the way Scecina played on Friday.   However WeBo hasn't really been tested much this year.  If Scecina can start fast and get a lead this could be a great game.  If Scecina starts like they have been lately they'll get blown out.

A somewhat interesting tidbit about Webo’s schedule, they blanked two opponents this season that went on to win their respective 3A and 5A sectionals.  🤔

Edited by BigTimeDB
  • Upvote 1

I said before the playoffs started that whoever won between Tipton-Webo would play Scecina and winner of that would go on to win the State Title. After seeing some Northern teams I stick by this statement. Should be a great game! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

I said before the playoffs started that whoever won between Tipton-Webo would play Scecina and winner of that would go on to win the State Title. After seeing some Northern teams I stick by this statement. Should be a great game! 

It appears Triton Central did their best to prove you wrong.  

On 11/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, 1st_and_10 said:

Heard Woods (Leading Tackler & LB for Scecina) is out with Torn ACL.  Hate that for that kid.  

Webo is pretty healthy.  I think this game is closer than last years match up.  We know they still have Ayres and Baker... Along with Middlebrook. 

Woods kid is an outstanding player for Scecina. Big blow for them. 

12 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Agree about the way Scecina played on Friday.   However WeBo hasn't really been tested much this year.  If Scecina can start fast and get a lead this could be a great game.  If Scecina starts like they have been lately they'll get blown out.

I doubt it's a blow out either way. Scecina and Webo both have plenty of weapons.

16 hours ago, Dan Jones said:

I hope you are right, Dan.  Would love to see the Stars advance on.  Looks to be dry Friday and cool and it's on TURF!  Certainly a change for Webo who has played probably 6 or 7 games in  mud pits. 

9 hours ago, BigTimeDB said:

It appears Triton Central did their best to prove you wrong.  

And TC played without their best player as he was lost before Sectionals I believe.

11 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

This isnt the first time the Raiders have been doubted...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, LS1754 said:

I think it was Bob Lovell last season that said "No 2A team in the state can hang with Scecina"

• Upvote 1

Sagarin has Webo as a 9.5 point favorite assuming no home field advantage while CalPreps shows a slimmer margin favoring Webo by 3.  As the stats indicate and as others have stated, it's doubtful this game will involve a blowout either way.  It will however involve cold temperatures.  A high of 42 dipping into evening temps in the mid-20's means we could be close to freezing at kickoff.  A NW wind at 10+ mph will make if feel similar to regional conditions last year.  That was the coldest I have been in a while. 

1 hour ago, LS1754 said:

1 hour ago, SR2017 said:

I think it was Bob Lovell last season that said "No 2A team in the state can hang with Scecina"

Have not heard a Webo nor Scecina fan say anything about the Raiders.  I know Webo is solely focused on Scecina and would assume Scecina is solely focused on Webo.  Whichever team wins, they will worry about Southridge or Paoli starting Saturday.

Best of Luck to the Raiders this week.

3 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

And TC played without their best player as he was lost before Sectionals I believe.

As did Scecina. Woods was a huge loss. 

6 minutes ago, BigTimeDB said:

It will however involve cold temperatures.  A high of 42 dipping into evening temps in the mid-20's means we could be close to freezing at kickoff.  A NW wind at 10+ mph will make if feel similar to regional conditions last year.  That was the coldest I have been in a while. 

Fantastic. Haha

1 minute ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Have not heard a Webo nor Scecina fan say anything about the Raiders.  I know Webo is solely focused on Scecina and would assume Scecina is solely focused on Webo.  Whichever team wins, they will worry about Southridge or Paoli starting Saturday.

Best of Luck to the Raiders this week.

I was actually quoting a Tipton fan who said the winner of Tipton/Webo would win state.