Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Miner Pride

North Central (Farmersburg) At North Vermillion

5 hours ago, CityCoach53 said:

One simply has to wonder what SkunkApe and Posum would think of this matchup. 

It seems almost as if the closing of Union as an IHSAA affiliated member also closed their posting careers on the GID. Used to get some really insightful stuff from those two...

Never heard of them 

5 minutes ago, CityCoach53 said:

That says more about you than it does about them...

Well this is my 10th season on here and haven’t heard of you either. 

NC running back Basinger when ran for 2,100 yards this season in only 10 games hurt his ankle last week and only ran a few times in the first half. No chance without him. 

18 minutes ago, navy80 said:

NC running back Basinger when ran for 2,100 yards this season in only 10 games hurt his ankle last week and only ran a few times in the first half. No chance without him. 

I find that interesting. I have been impressed with North Centrals linemen this year with how big they are but they were owned by a much smaller offensive and defensive line of North Vermillion. I am not sure it would have mattered with the way North Vermillion dominated on the line.

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Maybe he should have been pulled and a healthy player put in. No excuse for the loss. 

That massive line from NC-F failed to dominate the Falcon front.

I thought the other backs played pretty well. #8 Chatman and #11Curtis both had good pretty good runs.

But just as PH failed when the couldn't play defense NC-F failed when they couldn't pass.

Good job NV Falcons, coaches and players.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, navy80 said:

If what you are saying is in fact true, and he hurt his ankle a week ago, the coaching staff had an entire week’s preparation to get a plan put together. With as many current head coaches as NC-F had on its sideline, surely someone could have formulated something. 

The way that NC-F’s drive ended before the half encompasses it all for me. No timeouts left, moving the ball but short on time, not being prepared to spike the ball to stop the clock to set up a final play for a chance to score killed the Tbirds. When you’re a one-trick pony, you suffocate in crunch time. 

I really like #3 in person. I’d take that kid any day of the week. 

#WarFalcon

Edited by Joe Kane

NV’s line dominated both ways tonight and was very impressive. Play by Reynolds was absolutely amazing and lead the Falcons to the win. Great coaching by NV. It looked like NC only had one gameplan and that was to run like they always do they have no passing game at all and the NC coaching staff had no idea what to do when down. 

14 hours ago, navy80 said:

I thought something was up last night because Dawson didn't look his normal self.  1.  He got subbed out quite a bit last night which is very unusual.  In close games he rarely leaves the field for the T-Birds.  2.  He didn't have near the same speed/explosion as he normally does on either side of the ball.  Even when he was jogging off the field he didn't look right.

NCF doesn't have great depth at any position and they simply don't have a replacement for him so it didn't matter how long the coaching staff had to prepare they were always going to be fighting an uphill battle.

I kept waiting for NCF to use their shotgun formations, but they never did according to my play chart.

Couple that with the addition of Wyatt R. who adds more speed and big play ability to North Vermillion's offense and defense then all of the sudden it changes the dynamic of the game.

According to digital scout he had over 200 yards rushing last night.

North Vermillion had more playmakers on offense and their offensive line looked great last night.  The short passing game was very effective and the 2 back set with Wyatt and Myers gave NCF's defense problems all night.

The d-line and linebackers for the falcons were outstanding for the most part.  

Great win by the falcon program.  The effort by the players and coaches was excellent.

On a lighter note does anyone else think that one of the coaches for NCF looks a little like Brock Lesnar?

• Upvote 2

Game was never close, as I expected.  If anything, was surprised that NC was able to put together two scoring drives.  However, by the time NC got on the scoreboard it was 20-0 NV.  The game was never in doubt and totally controlled by NV.  

As was said before the season, during the season, and leading up to this game, NC will never beat a good team being so one dimensional.  Nothing wrong with a two TE bone offense per se........but they don't run it effectively.  They capitalize on inferior teams not lining up correctly and not being fundamentally sound.  What is amazing is how many teams defensively line up so poorly against NC.  You had a feeling this wouldn't be the case against NV.  

Most of the time when these two teams have played, both teams have possessed similar levels of talent.  However, the games are never really close.  That was the case again on Friday night.  If they play in the future, and both staffs are still similar, expect the same result. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with Reb on the fact that these two teams have lined up with nearly equal talent each time that they’ve played.

I’m not going to pretend to be a football coach, but on the outside looking in, seems NC-F is a great front runner. When the situation gets sticky, things seem to come unraveled, and quickly. I’ve mentioned the prior taunting and such...then Friday we witness a Thunderbird player be ejected from the game for an unsportsmanlike...NC-F gets a delay of game for not returning to the field on time at the half, literally giving the kids 56 seconds (of the extra 3 minutes) to take the field and costing them 10 yards...these things are handled from the top down...I won’t get into what I feel were squandered opportunities and/or wasted timeouts because those are situational. Everything always seems grand when the chips are stacking in your favor...

Linton fans seem to hate on NC because NC dropped them. They forget that Linton draws from a very large county (33,000) and only recently Greene County kids have another option if they want to play football in high school. NC pulls from an area of probably a population of around 5,000.  They are a true 1A school, rural and blue collar workers.

NC had a great year. Their stud RB was hurt before the game even started. I think they played okay for losing 80% of their production. 

NC beat North Decatur 20-7. Other top 1A teams played ND as well. Monroe Central beat them 19-8 and Indy Lutheran beat them 27-12. VERY COMPARABLE SCORES WITH OTHER TOP 1A TEAMS. North Decatur also got beat by Paoli 35-14. 

NC beat Park Heritage 62-32, their worst loss of the year and PH is a good 1A team.

NC's only loss was to 3A Maconaquah who went 9 wins and 3 losses this year. 

Lets give credit where credit is due. The past two years NC has went 19-4. LAst year they competed better than Linton did against Eastern (who is quality competition). NC won their schools first ever sectional championship this year. It was a success. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Linton fans seem to hate on NC because NC dropped them. They forget that Linton draws from a very large county (33,000) and only recently Greene County kids have another option if they want to play football in high school. NC pulls from an area of probably a population of around 5,000.  They are a true 1A school, rural and blue collar workers.

NC had a great year. Their stud RB was hurt before the game even started. I think they played okay for losing 80% of their production. 

NC beat North Decatur 20-7. Other top 1A teams played ND as well. Monroe Central beat them 19-8 and Indy Lutheran beat them 27-12. VERY COMPARABLE SCORES WITH OTHER TOP 1A TEAMS. North Decatur also got beat by Paoli 35-14. 

NC beat Park Heritage 62-32, their worst loss of the year and PH is a good 1A team.

NC's only loss was to 3A Maconaquah who went 9 wins and 3 losses this year. 

Lets give credit where credit is due. The past two years NC has went 19-4. LAst year they competed better than Linton did against Eastern (who is quality competition). NC won their schools first ever sectional championship this year. It was a success. 

He played in the game, and it wouldn't have mattered.  The game was NEVER close.  Tell me the last time NC beat a team they weren't suppose to beat in the last 8 years?   As for Eastern Greene last year.....the sectional championship game Eastern led 26-0 in the 2nd half.  Not exactly close.  

They did win a sectional this year that was very down.  Still, they won it.  How they run their offensive scheme is TERRIBLE and will never allow them to advance deep into the tourney.

Edited by Reb08

29 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

He played in the game, and it wouldn't have mattered.  The game was NEVER close.  Tell me the last time NC beat a team they weren't suppose to beat in the last 8 years?   As for Eastern Greene last year.....the sectional championship game Eastern led 26-0 in the 2nd half.  Not exactly close.  

They did win a sectional this year that was very down.  Still, they won it.  How they run their offensive scheme is TERRIBLE and will never allow them to advance deep into the tourney.

That's fair.. I have only watched one game so can't comment on their coaching.

But, if Basinger was at full strength? IT would have been closer, not saying they would have won but... 

You going to hook us up with a semi-state thread, MP?  I am too superstitious to do it myself.  There are some good things to discuss with NV and LuHi now meeting 3 of the last 5 years in the later rounds of the playoffs.