Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Indian72

Mishawaka - Dwenger 4A Semi State

It’s hard for me to pick this one.  While Mishawaka is run heavy, it’s different than what they’ve seen so far and they hit the hole very quickly.  I believe Dwenger will win.  By how much depends On how quickly they adjust to their defensive assignments. I will say Saints 31 Mishawaka 14. 

I need to watch some game video and get back to you.

Should be a great game, most on here will likely pick Dwenger, and rightfully so with their history...I think it's a close one though, Mishawaka could surprise a lot of people.

• Upvote 2

Based on the strength of schedule, I don't think anyone is taking them lightly. I think most of us are "giddy" having our wide receiver back. We may actually be a threat to pass this week!  

• Upvote 2

I watched the Mishawaka / Penn game last night.  The Cavemen put over 400 rushing yards on the (at the time) #3 team in the state.  Dwenger needs to watch out for big plays in order to stop them (RB #2 and QB #4).  If BD wins the turnover battle, it'll be a close game.

Got to see Mishawaka play St Joe twice.  Both games were close.  Determined in the 4th quarter.

Shively and Harness are the man players for Mishawaka .  A difficult pair to stop. About the time you load the box they sneak the big play in with a pass.

Both games SJ threw the ball for yardage.  

Wonder if this is a big and physical Dwenger teams like the ones we have played n the past

It is imperative that Mishawaka hangs on to the ball in order to win this. I've witnessed them fumble many times during the 4 games of theirs that I watched. They are fortunate to recover some of them. Very difficult to score if you don't have the ball.

3 hours ago, drb323 said:

I watched the Mishawaka / Penn game last night.  The Cavemen put over 400 rushing yards on the (at the time) #3 team in the state.  Dwenger needs to watch out for big plays in order to stop them (RB #2 and QB #4).  If BD wins the turnover battle, it'll be a close game.

Do you have a link for that game?

I can only find NP game.

3 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Got to see Mishawaka play St Joe twice.  Both games were close.  Determined in the 4th quarter.

Shively and Harness are the man players for Mishawaka .  A difficult pair to stop. About the time you load the box they sneak the big play in with a pass.

Both games SJ threw the ball for yardage.  

Wonder if this is a big and physical Dwenger teams like the ones we have played n the past

Dwenger is big and physical. Alot like 2015. Would love it if they moved the game to your house.

Our games with them were nip and tuck.  1st one too many penalties and lack of tackling killed us.  Missed a field goal that would have won it at the end.

2nd time did a better job on Harness but Shively did us in.  Key offsides on 4th down killed us 3 X.  SJ left points on the filed at least 3 times in the red zone.  Know we passed for over 200 that night.  Fumble at then end was the last chance.  MHS got a break on a fumble that bounced into QB hands on their final drive.

Dwenger is usually physical every time I have seen them play.  I just hope the field does not play into the outcome

2 hours ago, mebuck said:

Do you have a link for that game?

I can only find NP game.

Youtube then go to the WHME page.  All their games are archived there.  Mishawaka was on there twice I think.  Penn and St. Joe in sectionals.  

• Upvote 1

Is Mishawaka still all flexbone triple option like they were under Coach Curtis or have they mixed it up a bit!?

Also is the head coach a disciple of "Bart Ball" or is he from outside the program!??

Think it will be a very fast and very close game...

YES

YES former offensive coordinator.

youtube  Mishawaka network will have every video.

Edited by Caveman

Not saying that Logansport and Mishawaka are on the same level or they run their offense the same, but schematically they are the same. I wonder if the game against Logansport will help the Saints prepare for the Caveman? 

I noticed Mishawaka loved running the QB iso play, and the kid was quite good at it as well. Should be a fun Friday night. 

I'm thinking the Cavemen get the W here. I really would like to see the Saints win here though and get to State. Think it can go either way, edge to home field team.

One thing i noticed.  Nobody plays good Defense in the two videos i looked at. Cavemen don't look to big on the oline side of things. I will keep studying.  

9 hours ago, mebuck said:

One thing i noticed.  Nobody plays good Defense in the two videos i looked at. Cavemen don't look to big on the oline side of things. I will keep studying.  

While being big on the offensive line always helps, it's not necessary in that style of offense. Just be aggressive and do your responsibility.

17 hours ago, Caveman said:

YES

YES former offensive coordinator.

youtube  Mishawaka network will have every video.

They take the youtube version down on Mondays after games.

1 hour ago, knights1121 said:

They take the youtube version down on Mondays after games.

I have seen a few games on you tube from earlier in the year

18 hours ago, psaboy said:

I'm thinking the Cavemen get the W here. 

I'm shocked. LOL. 

Dwenger fans be prepared for limited parking spaces in the lots on the campus at MHS.  Most people park on the street in the residential neighborhood.  Several of the streets are one way to pay attention before you turn down one. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Indian72 said:

Dwenger fans be prepared for limited parking spaces in the lots on the campus at MHS.  Most people park on the street in the residential neighborhood.  Several of the streets are one way to pay attention before you turn down one. 

I was gonna throw in some tips on post-game food/entertainment, but I believe Truman's is closed now, so they'll have to settle for some Hacienda if they're stopping at the 100 Center after the game.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, mebuck said:

I have seen a few games on you tube from earlier in the year

I was referring to the Mishawaka Sports Network.  The games that are online are on WHME's YouTube channel.

• Upvote 1