Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NE8 week 1

Heritage on the rise, Belmont not so much.  Heritage by 14

Busco a consistent team, Col City improving in year 2 of new offense.  Col City by 10

Dekalb returns some weapons, so does Angola. Dekalb by 3

Eastbrook always tough, Hunt North not.  Eastbrook by 21

Leo new coach/offense, Kokomo ground and pound team.  Kokomo by 10

Mylan Graham show begins against a solid Marion team. New Haven by 17

The year of the Knights?  If so, tonite starts it.  Norwell by 24

East Noble graduated ALOT. Plymouth a good gauge for the Knights.  East Noble by 28

3 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Heritage.  Being an alum, would love to see them turn the corner and have a strong winning season

Columbia City

Dekalb

Eastbrook, won't even be close.

Leo in a squeaker.

New Haven

Norwell by several scores.

East Noble

I expect Heritage to have a winning season and fully anticipate that they will win handily against Bellmont.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:

2 week non-conference schedule starts

Bellmont at Heritage, 7 pm
Churubusco at Columbia City, 7 pm
DeKalb at Angola, 7 pm
Eastbrook at Huntington North, 7 pm
Kokomo at Leo, 7:30 pm
Marion at New Haven, 7 pm
Norwell at Mississinewa, 7:30 pm
Plymouth at East Noble, 7:30 pm

Heritage with the W....even though Bellmont needs to give Coach Hall some time

CC.....

Dekalb...but could go either way

Eastbrook...how are they so good every year? I would assume the talent fluctuations at a smaller school would be larger

Kokomo....3 yards and a cloud of dust....Can Leo get them behind the chains?

Marion....

Norwell....potential will get thrown around alot

East Noble

While I have retired from coavhing, I still have my hudl account:) I like the new QB for NH; a transfer from North side. He throws a nice ball, and if he can throw it deep, Graham should catch anything close to him. The Dogs have a hard nosed RB as well, and the QB being a run threat will help defenses from loading up too much on Graham. 

Marion's QB is quick and tough to tackle, so it's an interesting matchup. 

There are a number of question marks from the other teams in the NE8, with new coaches and/or new systems....these matchups will be interesting to see unfold. 

Just wish the conference would switch up its schedule some. 

I saw a bit of Heritage from the Summer. I like the aggressiveness on defense. They have some tough young kids who will see a lot of playing time. 

24-13 Heritage over Bellmont.

35-21 Columbia City over Churubusco.

20-17 Angola over Dekalb.  Going with the home team here as I think this game is really close.  Need to see Dekalb run the ball effectively, protect the QB, and cut down on those turnovers if they want to improve over last year.

35-14 Eastbrook over Huntington North.  First game at the new field is a bummer for HN.

27-20 Kokomo over Leo. It seems expectations are sky high for Doerffler and their new system.  This is a good week 1 game but I'm expecting some growing pains. 

36-32 New Haven over Marion.  New Haven will definitely put some points on the board this year, what about that D though?

28-27 Norwell over Mississinewa.  While I think Norwell can win the NE8, this is a tough matchup on the road in week 1.  They squeek out the W though.

35-17 East Noble over Plymouth.  While EN did graduate a lot, some things remain the same.  The system, the work ethic, the expectations... The roster is pretty young but I like what I've seen at our scrimmages out of the first team.  If we can keep the turnovers down and match the physicality of our opponents I expect EN to be right in the hunt for the conference title.  This will be a good first game for those youngins'.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:18 AM, NE8_Fan said:

Heritage on the rise, Belmont not so much.  Heritage by 14

Busco a consistent team, Col City improving in year 2 of new offense.  Col City by 10

Dekalb returns some weapons, so does Angola. Dekalb by 3

Eastbrook always tough, Hunt North not.  Eastbrook by 21

Leo new coach/offense, Kokomo ground and pound team.  Kokomo by 10

Mylan Graham show begins against a solid Marion team. New Haven by 17

The year of the Knights?  If so, tonite starts it.  Norwell by 24

East Noble graduated ALOT. Plymouth a good gauge for the Knights.  East Noble by 28

Norwell game will be very close