Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, Sportsguy said:

Actually, Southwood was carved out of the woods adjacent to White's, thus the "Southwood" reference. The geographical center of MSDWC is, in fact, south of the river -- albeit in a rather remote location near the river southeast of Paradise Springs. Maybe they could call it Riverside High! Erecting a brand-new building to house the contraction of NF and SW just a stone's throw from Wabash High School looks a little silly on paper. I predict an enrollment increase for both Manchester and Oak Hill schools if this passes.

I know of Southwood's location, I driven by it on State Road 124 many times. 

Meh, just close Northfield and Southwood.  Any child North of CR 400 North  goes to Manchester, any South of that go to Wabash.  Easy Peasy.

4 hours ago, Sportsguy said:

I predict an enrollment increase for both Manchester and Oak Hill schools if this passes.

Hit the nail on the head. Even Eastbrook for some of the families who live off 218. 

Somerset and LaFontaine kids would be a hop skip and a jump from OH vs traveling through Wabash every day. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Big week for the final week of the TRC. Four teams fighting for a share of the conference championship. TV can win it outright with a win over Southwood. Southwood pulls off the upset and chance to grab a share of the title along with the winner of the Mac and Rochester game. Who ya got this week for the last week of TRC play? Also how is everyone feeling about their sectional draw? A couple of TRC matchups first round, tough draw for Southwood first round facing defending North champions in Adams Central.

Manchester at Peru ©, 7 pm

I'm going to take Peru, but the tigers have struggled the last couple of weeks while Manchester seems to be improving with every week. Could make for a pretty good game.

Northfield at North Miami ©, 7 pm

Two mirror offenses facing one another. I'm going to take Northfield due to having the best player on the field in Fisher, but should be a close game.

Rochester at Maconaquah ©, 7 pm

Second biggest game of the week in the conference. Winner could come away with a share of the conference title if Southwood can get it done. I'm going to take Rochester, but they've gotta improve in the secondary. Good test for them going into sectionals. Maconaquah has some very good young receivers to throw to. Should be a great game.

Tippecanoe Valley at Southwood ©, 7 pm

Southwood has found a great groove to end the season, but TV is too big and physical. I'm taking TV in this one.

Whitko at Wabash ©, 7 pm

Tough year for Whitko. Wabash slings it all over them. I'm taking Wabash.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, Justafan said:

Do you have  a gut feel if the MSD referendum will pass? Either way sounds like MSD board will contract the 2 high schools in the near future.

It's going to fail by at least a 70-30 margin. No way it's going to go. Even a lot of people in the northern part of the MSD district are ardently opposed. There's a few people running for board seats on an "anti-merger" platform.

• Like 2

Peru

Northfield

Rochester 

Valley...I didn't realize how loaded their Junior class is. 

Wabash

Selfishly, I would like to see Southwood get a chance to play Rochester again. Brutal draw for them as well with Adams Central and then most likely South Adams. 

8 hours ago, NEinFAN said:

Peru

Northfield

Rochester 

Valley...I didn't realize how loaded their Junior class is. 

Wabash

Selfishly, I would like to see Southwood get a chance to play Rochester again. Brutal draw for them as well with Adams Central and then most likely South Adams. 

I think the score of TV at Southwood will tell us a lot about how a rematch with Rochester would go, that being said, would love to see a Southwood win lol

after the dust settled from the Southwood game we have a 3 way tie. do they have criteria for determining a champion ? or stay a tie ?

CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
  W-L Pts OP W-L Pts OP Streak
Rochester 7-1 334 119 8-  1 382 165 Won 4
Tippecanoe Valley 7-1 367 138 8-  1 393 138 Lost 1
Southwood 7-1 325 143 7-  2 332 201 Won 7
Maconaquah 6-2 223 206 6-  3 237 226 Lost 1
North Miami 3-5 163 189 4-  5 205 195 Won 1
Northfield 3-5 241 229 4-  5 262 229 Lost 1
Peru 3-5 178 222 3-  6 178 266 Won 1
Wabash 3-5 183 301 3-  6 189 336 Won 1
Manchester 1-7 171 245 1-  8 185 287 Lost 2
Whitko 0-8 26 419 0-  9 26 458 Lost 14

Edited by dazed and confused

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

Anyone at the Southwood - Tippy Valley game? Questions are being raised regarding the field goal attempt at the end - ruled a miss by the official under the upright. 

Talked to a Valley player that said it was a miss.  What are you searching for?

37 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Talked to a Valley player that said it was a miss.  What are you searching for?

Just looking for people who might have had a clean look at it. The guy who told me it was actually good didn’t. The Hudl video is a sideline view, and not helpful. 

It stays a tie for the crown. Preseason predictions really turned out to be true. Valley certainly missed Wade Jones on Friday with his hernia injury. All the credit to the Knights for their big plays. Jones was on the sidelines of  the Purdue game Saturday night. Preseason predictions  held mostly true. Probably biggest surprise for me was the improvement of North Miami. Now on to the postseason. Let's see if the conference can advance more than 3 or 4 out of the first round. 2 intraconference matchups so at least 2 will advance.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 2:11 AM, Justafootballmark said:

I think the score of TV at Southwood will tell us a lot about how a rematch with Rochester would go, that being said, would love to see a Southwood win lol

Great win for the program and Coach Snyder!

• Like 2

Ok week 1 of tournament:

My predictions

Let's see if conference does better than their perceived weakness across the state.

Hamilton Heights at Maconaquah  45-20

Tippecanoe Valley at Peru  42-14

Rochester at Seeger  35-28

Eastside at Wabash  49-14

Manchester at Whitko    35-7

Adams Central at Southwood   35-20

North Miami at Madison-Grant   35-14

Northfield at Southern Wells    42-0

So I have 4 moving on. I am intrigued about the long trip for Rochester, if Southwood can give Adams Central a fight, and if North Miami can be competitive on the road. Pretty confident about the others.

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Ok week 1 of tournament:

My predictions

Let's see if conference does better than their perceived weakness across the state.

Hamilton Heights at Maconaquah  45-20

Tippecanoe Valley at Peru  42-14

Rochester at Seeger  35-28

Eastside at Wabash  49-14

Manchester at Whitko    35-7

Adams Central at Southwood   35-20

North Miami at Madison-Grant   35-14

Northfield at Southern Wells    42-0

So I have 4 moving on. I am intrigued about the long trip for Rochester, if Southwood can give Adams Central a fight, and if North Miami can be competitive on the road. Pretty confident about the others.

I'd take the over on Southwood-AC! 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Would really like to see the Knights upset the Jets and really shake up the 1A bracket. Knights are playing some really good ball right now. Goodluck to all the fellow TRC teams. Time to make the conference known state wide again!

Well that didn't quite work out. I was nervous about Southwood's offense, but outside of one drive it never showed up. Does Northfield beat Madison Grant next week?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Well that didn't quite work out. I was nervous about Southwood's offense, but outside of one drive it never showed up. Does Northfield beat Madison Grant next week?

It will be a good game. I’d lean more towards Madison-Grant. They beat a North Miami team that just beat the Norseman.

22 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Would really like to see the Knights upset the Jets and really shake up the 1A bracket. Knights are playing some really good ball right now. Goodluck to all the fellow TRC teams. Time to make the conference known state wide again!

If that's "good ball" id hate to see the rest of the TRC play.

6 hours ago, 260AC said:

I haven’t seen the game so i don’t know how they played compared to what they were playing like in conference play. I’d take the TRC stacked up against ACC judging by the scores from the conference last night. Congrats on the win last night for AC. Goodluck the rest of the playoffs. 

Lost half of the conference last week in a tough first round for a lot of teams. It isn't going to get any easier for the TRC conference this week. Who ya got for round 2 of Sectionals?

Guerin at Tippecanoe Valley, 7 pm

Valley is struggling without their best player. I don't think they can get it done this week against the Catholics, but I did not expect the Oak Hill game to be as close as it was with Guerin, so maybe Oak Hill was able to expose something that Valley can take advantage of. Still gonna be a long shot tho. I'm taking the Catholics.

Rochester at Benton Central, 7 pm

The Bison have won as many games this year as they have the previous five years combined. The head coach there is doing a fantastic job getting that program turned around. Zebras have another long bus ride to Oxford, but at least they don't have to go all the way to West Lebanon again. I don't think the Bison can stop the three headed monster of Demming, Beck, and Ferverda, especially with the line blocking the way they are. Zebras win and make it to their first Sectional Championship game since 2000.

Eastside at Manchester, 7 pm

Manchester has won two games this year and both have been against the same team. Lucky first round draw, but season ends for the Squires Friday. Eastside wins this big.

Madison-Grant at Northfield, 7 pm

Probably the most interesting game of the week, and the one other team other than Rochester who I think can make it to the Sectional Championship. Madison-Grant has a very impressive resume. They also beat a North Miami team that just took it to Northfield the week before. Just depends what Northfield team shows up. I'm taking the Norsemen to support the conference, but they're gonna have to play a great game to make it happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Lost half of the conference last week in a tough first round for a lot of teams. It isn't going to get any easier for the TRC conference this week. Who ya got for round 2 of Sectionals?

Guerin at Tippecanoe Valley, 7 pm

Valley is struggling without their best player. I don't think they can get it done this week against the Catholics, but I did not expect the Oak Hill game to be as close as it was with Guerin, so maybe Oak Hill was able to expose something that Valley can take advantage of. Still gonna be a long shot tho. I'm taking the Catholics.

Rochester at Benton Central, 7 pm

The Bison have won as many games this year as they have the previous five years combined. The head coach there is doing a fantastic job getting that program turned around. Zebras have another long bus ride to Oxford, but at least they don't have to go all the way to West Lebanon again. I don't think the Bison can stop the three headed monster of Demming, Beck, and Ferverda, especially with the line blocking the way they are. Zebras win and make it to their first Sectional Championship game since 2000.

Eastside at Manchester, 7 pm

Manchester has won two games this year and both have been against the same team. Lucky first round draw, but season ends for the Squires Friday. Eastside wins this big.

Madison-Grant at Northfield, 7 pm

Probably the most interesting game of the week, and the one other team other than Rochester who I think can make it to the Sectional Championship. Madison-Grant has a very impressive resume. They also beat a North Miami team that just took it to Northfield the week before. Just depends what Northfield team shows up. I'm taking the Norsemen to support the conference, but they're gonna have to play a great game to make it happen.

I'm paying close attention to the Madison-Grant at Northfield game since AC will play the winner if they take care of business on Friday against SA. John Harrell has MG 35-24 and I agree that they should win the game, but Northfield is a difficult team to prepare for. Their offense can cause teams problems if they don't have the proper defensive scheme to handle the option. This may be a mistake, but I'm sort of rooting for MG. Northfield has given AC issues in the past even when they were clearly the better team.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 1:59 PM, 260AC said:

SW was playing some good football towards the end of the offensively.  I felt they struggled on defense early in the year.  AC has a very good team.  It sounded like SW struggled to hold onto the ball early and dug themselves a very big hole.  Not many teams have an answer when that happens early.  The game plan goes out the door. Congrats on the win!

• Like 1

Valley did get Jones  back last week unexpectedly and he made  a  big difference in the game against Peru. Look for him to be a much bigger part of the offense this week after just getting cleared  to play last Wednesday. Still going to be a big challenge for Valley against Guerin. 

The play of the conference last week was really unsurprising. Maybe the biggest disappointment was that Southwood was  essentially done  after 10 minutes of football. Hope AC gets that state title.

Rochester should still be playing next week. Hopefully Northfield and Valley can spring upsets but I just  want them to both be in the game in the 4th quarter with an opportunity to find a way  to survive and  advance.

• Like 1