Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A East Central at Memorial

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Who needs relaxation, when you are pumped up! But yes, 2 storied programs going at it, is going to be fun to watch.

I say this is what we look forward to every year in Indiana high school football    . Don’t get any better than this. 

2 minutes ago, southend said:

I say this is what we look forward to every year in Indiana high school football    . Don’t get any better than this. 

And even better, having this game in the historical Enlow Field, most likely in a packed crowd in 45 degree weather.

30 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

To any Trojans making the drive to Evansville, here is some places to eat before the game nearby, either the night before or tailgating:

Kipplees on N Boeke RD

Turoni’s on N Weinbach Ave 

Pizza by the Slice on Lincoln Ave 

Steve’s Una Pizza on Washington Ave 

There’s also a Little Ceaser’s on Washington too, for the tailgaters 

Some options on Green River Road (intersects Washington): 

Hoosier Burger 

G D Ritzy’s 

Azzip Pizza 

Rafferty’s 

Cheddars 

Pangea off of Green River

On Burkhardt, one of my favorites for wings is Mister B’s and Drakes has great food too. And other options too 

Hoosier Burger and Little Ceasers. 🤮

• Thanks 1

Fwiw, I felt EC was the best 4A team we played last year, slightly nudging out Mt. Vernon. This year’s game was a slugfest, tied late in the 4th quarter. The Trojans are an excellent football team, fully capable of bringing home a title. That said, go Royals. 

I like EC by 10 in this one.. Only 2 teams have really slowed down their offense and that's Roncalli and Moeller. The offense has seemed to find a different gear with Josh Ringer back in the mix in the backfield.. It will be fun to watch.. Good luck to all. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tango said:

I'm not buying Harrell's prediction of Memorial (-1). EC is a school of 1,225 with a football tradition unlike anything we see in the SIAC. Laying at home will help, but I'm not sure it's enough. We'll need some magic.

Come on Lou.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tango said:

I'm not buying Harrell's prediction of Memorial (-1). EC is a school of 1,225 with a football tradition unlike anything we see in the SIAC. Laying at home will help, but I'm not sure it's enough. We'll need some magic.

Interesting comment.  I would have compared their tradition and success in the playoff era to Reitz. (State titles, Mr Football and general success)

That comparison really isn’t valid after the last 5 years or so based on what Reitz has done.  

I agree Memorial has their hands full. 

9 hours ago, tango said:

LOL. Have seen a lot of film. Best team we've faced since Chatard 2008 or West Lafayette 2018.  And they have much more depth than us. 

8 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Waiting on Lysander’s Lou post

But I agree with Tango once again, Memorial will have its handful on Saturday. I also did see that they plan to leave 8:00 am ET on Saturday too.

You will have to excuse @Lysander Mrs. Lysander might have given him a curfew (I kid)

Best Lou Holtz GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 2

Interesting thought entered my mind the other day....is this one instance for Memorial where they are GLAD to be Success Factor'd up?? Meaning, they've avoided this years Gibson Southern team?? 

I know you've handled business against them in the past...but just wondering...

55 minutes ago, jets said:

Interesting thought entered my mind the other day....is this one instance for Memorial where they are GLAD to be Success Factor'd up?? Meaning, they've avoided this years Gibson Southern team?? 

I know you've handled business against them in the past...but just wondering...

No. Lmao. Not sure a team that went to state 5 times in last 13 years is trying to avoid a challenge. Just ask Chatard. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1