Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis @ Center Grove, Semi-State in 6A

For the third-straight year, it's Ben Davis at Center Grove in the Class 6A Semi-State. The Giants nearly beat CG in 2019. They were in the game for the majority of the first 30 minutes in 2020. Can they pull the major upset in 2021?

Sure they can. We've seen the Trojans just a little off the last few games. It's still been good enough to win, but I think this Ben Davis team is coming in heavy with a freight train of confidence. They blew the doors off Brownsburg before the Bulldogs knew what hit 'em. Will it be good enough to win on Friday night?

CG's awfully good. I'm sure Coach Moore will get their attention this week in practice. He may be fighting a team that feels that a championship is inevitably theirs. BD, on the other hand, I believe is playing with confidence and poise. They've been battered and beaten this year and have had things happen off the field that completely were out of their control. I think it's galvanized them. 

Give me the Giants in a tight one. Good health to both teams. Let's have some fun on Friday.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

For the third-straight year, it's Ben Davis at Center Grove in the Class 6A Semi-State. The Giants nearly beat CG in 2019. They were in the game for the majority of the first 30 minutes in 2020. Can they pull the major upset in 2021?

Sure they can. We've seen the Trojans just a little off the last few games. It's still been good enough to win, but I think this Ben Davis team is coming in heavy with a freight train of confidence. They blew the doors off Brownsburg before the Bulldogs knew what hit 'em. Will it be good enough to win on Friday night?

CG's awfully good. I'm sure Coach Moore will get their attention this week in practice. He may be fighting a team that feels that a championship is inevitably theirs. BD, on the other hand, I believe is playing with confidence and poise. They've been battered and beaten this year and have had things happen off the field that completely were out of their control. I think it's galvanized them. 

Give me the Giants in a tight one. Good health to both teams. Let's have some fun on Friday.

LOL, at least you don’t hide your homerism.

I believe you spewed this same nonsense 365 days ago.

Gimme CG comfortably.  I’ll say 38-17.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

LOL, at least you don’t hide your homerism.

I believe you spewed this same nonsense 365 days ago.

Gimme CG comfortably.  I’ll say 38-17.

I never do, and I am always here to eat my crow when I am wrong. Have been since I came on this board.

1 minute ago, Sports Freak20 said:

Are all teams "supposed" to be intimidated by CG?  Just curious....

For the record, I think CG rolls in this game.  Just dont think everyone is intimidated by CG

1 minute ago, Grover said:

Why would you ask that?  Fight starter?  Nobody is supposed to but much like Cathedral's opponents, many are.  LN wasn't.

No, not starting a fight.  Just dont think when you get to this level teams are intimidated, at least I would hope not.  Anything can happen, I doubt it will.  CG is legitimately good.  

3 minutes ago, Sports Freak20 said:

For the record, I think CG rolls in this game.  Just dont think everyone is intimidated by CG

No, not starting a fight.  Just dont think when you get to this level teams are not intimidated, at least I would hope not.  Anything can happen, I doubt it will.  CG is legitimately good.  

On 11/13/2021 at 8:14 PM, Sports Freak20 said:

Just dont think when you get to this level teams are intimidated, at least I would hope not.  

You're not intimidated when you're Ben Davis and you've already seen Center Grove seven times since 2018. The Giants know what they have to do. Many of the seniors have started or played in two Semi-States.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:14 PM, Sports Freak20 said:

No, not starting a fight.  Just dont think when you get to this level teams are intimidated, at least I would hope not.  Anything can happen, I doubt it will.  CG is legitimately good.  

MIC teams are not intimidated of each other...seen each other over the years way too many times.  BD played CG very tough during the regular season...excellent game plan.  

That is what makes the south so tough to come out of in 6A...typically, it involves MIC teams beating up on each other to make it to Lucas.  It is a tough road.

22 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

MIC teams are not intimidated of each other...seen each other over the years way too many times.  BD played CG very tough during the regular season...excellent game plan.  

That is what makes the south so tough to come out of in 6A...typically, it involves MIC teams beating up on each other to make it to Lucas.  It is a tough road.

CG popped two big plays on back-to-back possessions to make a 24-21 game 38-21. 

38 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

My favorite play all year came in the first CG vs BD game.

That young man is one incredible athlete......

Did you see the Twitter feed of last weeks game of Curry from the DL running down a receiver when LN executed a successful hook and ladder??  You can see from the video that Curry while still in the LOS area recognizes what is going on before the lateral and takes off like a shot out of a cannon, to run the play down from behind.  The young man has incredible speed to go with his football smarts.....pure hustle play.....