Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Miner Pride

Miners win 7 on 7

Linton has been impressive thus far in 7 on 7.. winning a couple tournaments..the latest coming ar Terre Haute North... also finished 2nd in Lineman challenge. A lot of youngsters stepping up in a returning group that has a lot of experience.

The week 4 game with North Vermillion should be a doozy!  Feel as though the Miners will have a little extra motivation for that contest.

great job miners!!! it is good to see a small school do good against bigger schools!!!! I just wish Linton could play teams that challenge them more in the regular season, to prepare them for the post season. If they do not I think they may never achieve what they set out to do. I think it does them no good to play sub-par teams and beat them 72-0. Anyway, good luck Miners!    

Also won a 7 on 7 at West Vigo.

Miners open with Speedway these next 2 years.. plus having North Vermillion on the schedule.  Southridge in on the horizon as well.  getting out of the (no offense intended) Bulldogs... and Wood Memorial game were definitely a good thing...  it meant leavin the SW7 to do that.  Wish we could have kept West Vigo as a 3A school...altho we had won handily the last several years they were a physical team with some depth.   I think you'll always see Sullivan, North Knox and North Daviess on the schedule... other than that... who knows what is down the road@!

Monrovia and Linton have signed on for 4 years to play each other in Week 3 starting 2016.

I knew I'd left someone out...  that ought to be great games as well.... the drive alone will be tough!!!

The week 4 game with North Vermillion should be a doozy!  Feel as though the Miners will have a little extra motivation for that contest.

Can;'t wait for this...  altho we lost in the regional...it was such a great environment... and a lot of mutual respect.  Know Coach Crabtree from the NC days.  Martin Brown really hosted well, and I look forward to seeing him as well.  Will be added emotion I know because of Braeden Hollowell's passing... I know they will be thinking of him...and I know we will as well. 

I always liked the series (games) Linton had with Monrovia.  Glad to hear they will be back on the schedule in the near future.  Another good opponent.  

Edited by itiswhatitis

Have the Miners played in any more 7 on 7's?

Linton won a 7 on 7 tournament over several teams at Terre Haute North a few weeks ago.  Also placed second in the linemen challenge. 

11 on 11 today vs Southmont.....

It was a spirited workout last evening with some serious hitting despite the teams not being in full pads.  Large crowd on hand as usual for anything pertaining to Miner football.  Good scrimmage for both teams.  The Miners will be good this season.  How good?  We'll see.

Thanks for the info.  Read a nice article on Meuer in today's Bloomington Herald.  It also mentioned the Miners have 15 starters returning.  Should be another solid season for the Miners.