New Prairie at Goshen, 7:30 pm
Northridge at Elkhart, 7 pm
Penn at Portage, 7:30 pm
Clay at Twin Lakes, 7:30 pm
St. Joseph at Mishawaka, 7 pm
Washington at Bremen ©, 7 pm
©conference game

Conference play begins in one division next week

Concord at Jimtown- Two teams that struggled in their openers. I think Jimtown chips away at concord and wins a close one.

Fairfield at Adams- I’m going to go with a guess here. 

Glenn at Riley -conference match up. Glenn has taken the last two contests. Both teams having solid outings. Going to give this one to the Cats

Marian at Culver Academy- CMA takes this one. Knights are lacking Atkinsons home run ability on offense.

New Prairie at Goshen- NP rolls through this game fairly easy

Northridge at Elkhart,- hard to gauge Northridge, but I’m giving this one to the lions by 3 scores 

Penn at Portage- Balis looked good running the ball. Penn takes this one by 2 scores

Clay at Twin Lakes- ahhhhh…where is Twin Lakes lol 

St. Joseph at Mishawaka- Cavemen by 2 scores 

Washington at Bremen- This is my toss up game. Two struggling teams this season. Going to guess Bremen by 7

On 8/20/2022 at 9:27 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Aug. 26
Concord at Jimtown, 7 pm Jimmies by 6
Fairfield at Adams, 7 pm Fairfield by10
Glenn at Riley ©, 7 pm Riley by7
Marian at Culver Academy, 7 pm CMA by 14
New Prairie at Goshen, 7:30 pm NP by 28
Northridge at Elkhart, 7 pm Elkhart by 17
Penn at Portage, 7:30 pm Penn by 21
Clay at Twin Lakes, 7:30 pm TL by???
St. Joseph at Mishawaka, 7 pm Caveman by 24
Washington at Bremen ©, 7 pm Washington by 13
©conference game

Concord at Jimtown- Concord ran into a buzzsaw with Elkhart last week, but has a really good defense.  They get just enough offense to take this one 17-14

Fairfield at Adams- Adams gets a win that will be hard to come by this year 27-20. 

Glenn at Riley -Not sure why.

Marian at Culver Academy- Marian is in for a long regular season.

New Prairie at Goshen- NP 35-7.  New Prairie wont be challenged until October.

Northridge at Elkhart,- Elkhart was the only thing that stopped Elkhart last week and they kept themselves from putting up 50.  I expect a big improvement in eliminating mental mistakes on offense from week 1 to week 2.  40-10 Lions

Penn at Portage- I think Penn is wildly overrated at #9 in 6a, but they roll against one of 6a's perennial worst teams 27-7.  Next 3 weeks get real tough for the Kingsmen.

Clay at Twin Lakes- Twin Lakes?  Wasn't aware that is a high school. 

St. Joseph at Mishawaka- Cavemen are elite on offense and not great on defense.  While I think St Joe is much improved that wont help them this week.  35-7 Cavemen.

Washington at Bremen- Guess is Bremen 14-0 

Friday, Aug. 26
Concord at Jimtown, 7 pm
Fairfield at Adams, 7 pm
Glenn at Riley ©, 7 pm
Marian at Culver Academy, 7 pm
©conference game

Concord

Fairfield

Riley

CMA

NP

Elkhart

Penn

Twin Lakes

Mishawaka

Washington

10 hours ago, Johnsnow said:

Concord at Jimtown- Concord ran into a buzzsaw with Elkhart last week, but has a really good defense.  They get just enough offense to take this one 17-14

Fairfield at Adams- Adams gets a win that will be hard to come by this year 27-20. 

Northridge at Elkhart,- Elkhart was the only thing that stopped Elkhart last week and they kept themselves from putting up 50.  I expect a big improvement in eliminating mental mistakes on offense from week 1 to week 2.  40-10 Lions

Penn at Portage- I think Penn is wildly overrated at #9 in 6a, but they roll against one of 6a's perennial worst teams 27-7.  Next 3 weeks get real tough for the Kingsmen.

St. Joseph at Mishawaka- Cavemen are elite on offense and not great on defense.  While I think St Joe is much improved that wont help them this week.  35-7 Cavemen.

Twin Lakes is next to beautiful Lake Schafer in Monticello, Indiana. Proving once again, there is more than 🌽 in Indiana. 

• Haha 3

Let’s get some conversation started. Penn will be better than a lot thought?Elkhart has the  studs to compete? New Prairie’s offensive line will get the job done? St Joe is better then the last few years? Lots of talking points, let’s discuss.

13 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Let’s get some conversation started. Penn will be better than a lot thought?Elkhart has the  studs to compete? New Prairie’s offensive line will get the job done? St Joe is better then the last few years? Lots of talking points, let’s discuss.

Penn is solid north of Kokomo. They played a young Valpo team. Time will tell. 

St. Joe played Lakeland. Hard to gauge how good they are. Defense allowing 17 to them would give me cause for concern. 

Elkhart like Penn will compete North of Kokomo. 

On 8/22/2022 at 10:27 PM, Johnsnow said:

Next 2 weeks get real tough for Penn . Elkhart isn't even in the same conversation as Cathedral and St X . I think Elkhart is a good team but will have their hands full with Northridge this week .  

22 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:

Penn is solid north of Kokomo. They played a young Valpo team. Time will tell. 

St. Joe played Lakeland. Hard to gauge how good they are. Defense allowing 17 to them would give me cause for concern. 

Elkhart like Penn will compete North of Kokomo. 

7 of Lakeland points were a kickoff return later in the game

On 8/22/2022 at 10:27 PM, Johnsnow said:

Mishawaka throttled Marian's offense and this guy is dogging Mishawaka's defense...🤔

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2022 at 8:57 PM, Bucksweep22 said:

Concord at Jimtown- I think Concords top talent is better than Jimtowns top talent and that will be the difference.

Fairfield at Adams- Who knows 

Glenn at Riley - Both played bad teams last week and squeaked out some wins. I think Glenn wins this one.

Marian at Culver Academy- Marian just doesn't have there usual spice this year. 

New Prairie at Goshen- Does NP pitch another shutout? 

Northridge at Elkhart - Probably 2 of the more hyped up teams in the area, I think one of them is overhyped. Elkhart with an easy win.  

Penn at Portage - Is Penn starting to look like the teams of the past 21st century? Penn goes 2-0 in the DAC before real tests begin. 

Clay at Twin Lakes - SBSC needs to take a good long look at the colonial program. It's gotten real bad. 

St. Joseph at Mishawaka -  Caveman with a blue collar 3+ TD win. 

Washington at Bremen - No Idea. Lions come through with a W I guess. 

Edited by npcougar15

On 8/23/2022 at 9:16 PM, Rocket said:

Is John Glenn going to do anything?? Is Riley refreshed and refocused??  Jimtown??

5 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Is John Glenn going to do anything?? Is Riley refreshed and refocused??  Jimtown??

First question simple answer, they play a SB school. Last few years when they did, typically good things happened. Margin of victory was significant last year, and then they added a winning coach.

Now on Riley’s end, the start stop of last Saturday had to be tough to deal with. We will see if they can use this new excitement and compete with a program who beat them bad last year. 

Jimtown has been a consistent winner, and they will for sure bounce back after that defeat.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Crusty said:

Mishawaka throttled Marian's offense and this guy is dogging Mishawaka's defense...🤔

This isn’t the Marian of years past so that proves nothing.  My opinion was formed, To reference a Nick Sagan quote, in the scrimmage vs Elkhart where the Lions 1s ran through Mishawaka defense like “S*%t through a tin horn” so that’s a better reference IMO.  We’ll see, but before you go attacking me further I’ve also called The cavemen the best team in the area at the moment.

6 hours ago, Johnsnow said:

This isn’t the Marian of years past so that proves nothing.  My opinion was formed, To reference a Nick Sagan quote, in the scrimmage vs Elkhart where the Lions 1s ran through Mishawaka defense like “S*%t through a tin horn” so that’s a better reference IMO.  We’ll see, but before you go attacking me further I’ve also called The cavemen the best team in the area at the moment.

I did not attack I simply pointed out your words and it was a scrimmage...

Friday, Aug. 26
Concord at Jimtown, 7 pm
Fairfield at Adams, 7 pm
Glenn at Riley ©, 7 pm
Marian at Culver Academy, 7 pm
©conference game

Concord  BIG - Jimtown is no match at all

Fairfield - Adams is still in May mode for awhile!!

Riley  - Glenn is still celebrating winning last week!

CMA  - Marian is BAD

Elkhart BIG  Northridge gets shutout

Penn - Black and Gold is back!!

Twin Lakes - who cares about this one

Mishawaka BIG  - Not even a ball game

Washington - Bremen is beat up bad!!

25 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Concord  BIG - Jimtown is no match at all

Fairfield - Adams is still in May mode for awhile!!

Riley  - Glenn is still celebrating winning last week!

CMA  - Marian is BAD

Elkhart BIG  Northridge gets shutout

Penn - Black and Gold is back!!

Twin Lakes - who cares about this one

Mishawaka BIG  - Not even a ball game

Washington - Bremen is beat up bad!!

Don't think I would go that far this early concerning Penn . Back to what ? the last 2 years were the worst Penn teams in over 40 years and they still dominated most of their NIC opponents . So when you say Back , do you mean winning the NIC or making a deep 6A playoff run? I'm not ready to say they are back after only beating a very young Valpo team. If they handle business this week and then give Cathedral and ST X a game , then I will say they are back . 

2 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Don't think I would go that far this early concerning Penn . Back to what ? the last 2 years were the worst Penn teams in over 40 years and they still dominated most of their NIC opponents . So when you say Back , do you mean winning the NIC or making a deep 6A playoff run? I'm not ready to say they are back after only beating a very young Valpo team. If they handle business this week and then give Cathedral and ST X a game , then I will say they are back . 

NIC!!