Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Brownsburg

I too think this game will be closer than it should be. Cathedral did what they needed to do early for a ho hum win at Jeff while Brownsburg survived on the road against a short handed BD team. Brownsburg DL will test an inexperienced Cathedral OL but Cathedral has far superior talent at the skill positions and make one too many plays.

21-13 Irish 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, FootballFan28 said:

Irish by 3-4 td’s 

I'd bet money you won't see either team win by 3-4 TD's in this one.

The last couple of times these 2 have met in recent history have been much closer.

2018 Brownsburg 37 Cathedral 26

2021 Cathedral 20 Brownsburg 7

11 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Unless Brownsburg improves a lot week 1 to 2, I am picking the Irish by a couple TDs. Of course, I once picked the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl in the 90s.

I was thinking the same thing....however I really think the Irish need to improve upon last Friday's game to win this one.

Edited by Sports Freak20

23 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I too think this game will be closer than it should be. Cathedral did what they needed to do early for a ho hum win at Jeff while Brownsburg survived on the road against a short handed BD team. Brownsburg DL will test an inexperienced Cathedral OL but Cathedral has far superior talent at the skill positions and make one too many plays.

21-13 Irish 

Ben Davis has a really good defense this year, but there were a lot of mistakes by the Dogs on offense....ones that you wouldn't think a seasoned group would make. That said, they are 1-0.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:14 PM, PHJIrish said:

Will this game be shown on TV or just streamed online?  Seems like there would be some interest to watch it.

I'm thankful that I live only 7 miles from Brownsburg.  No excuse for me to miss this one.

Pretty sure Brownsburg's TV program streams their games.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis has a really good defense this year, but there were a lot of mistakes by the Dogs on offense....ones that you wouldn't think a seasoned group would make. That said, they are 1-0.

Pretty sure Brownsburg's TV program streams their games.

Thanks.  I also have found out that the game will be broadcast on 1260AM radio.

My ticket is in my pocket.

• Like 1

I can't wait to watch the rematch of the Leighton Jones (BBurg) vs Hosia Smith (CHS) IHSAA State Finals Wrestling quarterfinals rematch on the gridiron. Jones moved to Center it appears and Smith has moved to NG. Lets see if Jones can keep up with Hosia's motor all game. Will be a great battle in the interior. Both young men should be #1 and #2 ranked heavyweight contenders this year for the Irish and Bulldogs. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I can't wait to watch the rematch of the Leighton Jones (BBurg) vs Hosia Smith (CHS) IHSAA State Finals Wrestling quarterfinals rematch on the gridiron. Jones moved to Center it appears and Smith has moved to NG. Lets see if Jones can keep up with Hosia's motor all game. Will be a great battle in the interior. Both young men should be #1 and #2 ranked heavyweight contenders this year for the Irish and Bulldogs. 

Leighton Jones is Left Tackle. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OldGriz said:

Will this game be sold out or if I make a late game time decision can I get in?

I bought a pair of tickets online late last night so it was not sold out at that point.  Don’t know if it would be wise to wait until game time though.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, temptation said:

One thing is clear in this one, one team is going to make a statement.

A Brownsburg win, or even a close loss indicates that there is a lot of parity in 6A.

A Cathedral blowout win indicates that the Irish are the odds on favorite.

Just my opinion.

Brownsburg making a big statement. Might be just as big of a statement from Ben Davis last week as they nearly beat the Dogs. Cathedral will be fine and they’re still my pick to win 6A.

• Like 1

Tough one to lose but Brownsburg clearly the better team, and their experience also showed as well. They won the line of scrimmage.

Cathedral’s defense is a mess and special teams are even worse. Untimely penalties, poor execution, turnovers, etc you name it, tonight was a disaster. Only week 2 and still time to develop, but the new starters need to grow up in a hurry. That wasn’t acceptable football tonight.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 6:32 AM, FastpacedO said:

I'd bet money you won't see either team win by 3-4 TD's in this one.

The last couple of times these 2 have met in recent history have been much closer.

2018 Brownsburg 37 Cathedral 26

2021 Cathedral 20 Brownsburg 7

Obviously wiffed on my prediction.