Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 2

Dwenger at North Side - Dwenger is still Dwenger, although no one seems to want to give them credit for that. Saints in a close one.

Luers at Wayne - Wayne ran into a motivated Saints team last week. Luers will provide a less daunting challenge. Generals by 10.

Snider at Carroll - Playing without their star running back hurts, but Snider's good enough to get it done. Panthers

South Side at Northrop - This one is a toss up. Neither team impressed in Week 1. I'll go with Northrop, but not by much.

Homestead at Concordia - Homestead is good every year without fail. They get it done against the 3a team

Year to date: 5-0

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Dwenger at North Side - Dwenger is still Dwenger, although no one seems to want to give them credit for that. Saints in a close one.

Luers at Wayne - Wayne ran into a motivated Saints team last week. Luers will provide a less daunting challenge. Generals by 10.

Snider at Carroll - Playing without their star running back hurts, but Snider's good enough to get it done. Panthers

South Side at Northrop - This one is a toss up. Neither team impressed in Week 1. I'll go with Northrop, but not by much.

Homestead at Concordia - Homestead is good every year without fail. They get it done against the 3a team

Year to date: 5-0

I am hesitant to offer an opinion....  but IMO.  the 1st 4 games will be flip flopped in the outcome.   

18 hours ago, BTF said:

What did he do to get ejected? On the replay it possibly looked like he was taunting. The Summit City crew calling the game couldn't really tell as well. Also, what is the first name of the Snider RB who took over? I believe his last name was Veazy. It sounded like they were calling him "Al Capone". 

On 8/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, jakone said:

Dwenger at North Side

Luers at Wayne

Snider at Carroll

South Side at Northrop

Homestead at Concordia

I'm not really sure what to make of North. I only watched a majority of the 2nd half. Johnson seems to stand around a lot when he's not the focal point of the offense. The O-Line looked big, but not dominating. The QB made some good passes. Not trying to downplay the Legends, but I was expecting a lot more considering the pre-season hype. 

I'll take Dwenger by 10

Wayne by 7

Snider by 6

Northrop by 13

Homestead by 26

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

What did he do to get ejected? On the replay it possibly looked like he was taunting. The Summit City crew calling the game couldn't really tell as well. Also, what is the first name of the Snider RB who took over? I believe his last name was Veazy. It sounded like they were calling him "Al Capone". 

De'alcapon Veasy, he's a sophomore. 

Senior Langston Leavell was called for spiking the ball. It was a quick celebration spike, hardly obscene. But they got him anyway. The second was for gesturing a first down signal and possible words with another player. I've seen far worse celebrations not get called, but the refs were throwing the flags Friday night. He's out this Friday against Carroll. 

Dwenger vs. North Side - This game is the hardest to pick this week, I am leaning towards the longtime power, think QB Campbell is the difference, Dwenger 35-24

Luers vs. Wayne - Most years, this is an easy pick, not this year, Wayne 20-13

South Side vs. Northrop - Another tossup, think the Bruins have a little more talent on both sides of the ball, Northrop 28-20

Hpnestead vs. Concordia - I like the Cadets against teams their size, not against the 6A Spartans, Homestead 42-14

Snider vs. Carroll - I think the Panthers are in trouble against Carroll in this game, the Chargers were the most impressive team I saw last week and I believe they are the favorite in the SAC this year, Carroll 35-21

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Dwenger vs. North Side - This game is the hardest to pick this week, I am leaning towards the longtime power, think QB Campbell is the difference, Dwenger 35-24

Luers vs. Wayne - Most years, this is an easy pick, not this year, Wayne 20-13

South Side vs. Northrop - Another tossup, think the Bruins have a little more talent on both sides of the ball, Northrop 28-20

Hpnestead vs. Concordia - I like the Cadets against teams their size, not against the 6A Spartans, Homestead 42-14

Snider vs. Carroll - I think the Panthers are in trouble against Carroll in this game, the Chargers were the most impressive team I saw last week and I believe they are the favorite in the SAC this year, Carroll 35-21

Welcome back !!

Was great to have football back, this week 2 slate could have 4 really close games

Dwenger at North Side...This one will be a real test on what this Dwenger team is. They looked good against Wayne but the Generals Offense is very one dimensional. The Legends will be able to spread it out which could put BD on their heels. CJ Davis is a game changer for the Saints and Special Teams will be the difference. BD by 1

Luers at Wayne...Wayne had stretches in their game last week that made me see why many said they could be a pesky team in the SAC...but can they do that for 4 quarters? How to the Knights bounce back from a tough week? Should be a close game. Luers by 2

Snider at Carroll...Snider looked sloppy but held on to win a big game which is what you want to see out of a championship caliber program. Carroll did it's job and didn't slip up in week one against an inferior opponent. I think the Snider D carries them to victory in this one...Snider by 3

South Side at Northrop..May not be a pretty game but it will be close. Reports are the SS coach has been MIA for the last couple weeks? Hope everything is alright with him....Northrop by 7

Homestead at Concordia...Cadets could have an offense that can put up some points, but won't be enough to keep up with the depth of Homestead...only blowout of the week....Homestead by 21

1 hour ago, jakone said:

16 of 20 posters picked Wayne over Luers and the score wasn't even close.

NOT this guy!   No disrespect to the Generals and Coach Haydock.  But the Knight's Week One performance ran into a juggernaut and they didn't have 6A numbers to compete with the Chargers for 48 minutes.  

As for the Generals....  DO NOT count them out when the 4A Sectional starts!  They are formidable and WILL be a force!