Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 2

Last week of non conference play. Who’s the early favorite?

Attica at Tri County 

Fountain Centrals at Crawfordsville 

Liptons at North Vermilions

Seegers at Benton Centrals 

South Newtons at Covington 

South Vermilions at Sullivan 

West Vigos at The Woofs

Grand Valley Christians at Riverton Parkes

Attica at Tri County 

West Vigos at The Woofs

• Like 1

Attica at Tri County - it's like picking which ugly girl do you want to dance with.  I'll take TC at home.

Fountain Central at Crawfordsville - ugly girl selection #2.  I'll take the home team again.  Athenians with the W and a 2-0 record vs. Fountain County.

Linton at North Vermilion - NV may put up a fight but the Miners are a true 2A south contender.  Linton pulls away.

Seeger at Benton Central -  most years you take Seeger and it's over by the half.  Not so fast my friend.  Bison win under the windmills.

South Newton at Covington - SN is 1-0 for the first time in a while.  Covington went to Indy and beat the city speed.  I'll take the Trojans to win.

South Vermilion at Sullivan - the Arrows shoot down SV.

West Vigo at Parke Heritage - the Vikings rape and pillage the Wolves and burn all the covered bridges.  Vikings win.

Grand Valley Christian at Riverton Parke - RP with a W in a battle with a Michigan school.  I hate Michigan so no way I pick them to come to Indiana and escape with a win.

• Haha 1

Attica at Tri County - Tri County wins but I'm rooting for Attica

Fountain Central at Crawfordsville - Looks like it might be another long season for the mustangs. Crawfordsville wins 24-8

Linton at North Vermilion - Linton is too tough for any WRC team. Linton win 55-12

Seeger at Benton Central - I got Seeger winning this one 34-12. Heard BC is not very good this year.

South Newton at Covington - I noticed that the Keller kid did not play last week for Covington, is he playing this year? The kid was a stud last year! I'll take Covington 44-14. Heard that the young qb for Covington looked pretty good in week 1.

South Vermilion at Sullivan - I think this has potential to be the game of the week. SV seems to be much improved defensively and offensively they haven't lost a step. Sullivan will be too much for the wildcats.. Sullivan wins 28-20

West Vigo at PH - If SV and Sullivan isn't the game of the week then this one is. PH surprises some people in this game and walk away winners.. 27-21

Grand Valley Christians at RP - I don't know anything about GVC but I'm guessing they aren't worth a darn, seems like RP couldn't find much competition in the non-conference games. When will we know if they are legit or not??? RP wins 40-12

• Like 1

Week Two Picks...

Attica @ Tri-County - Both teams have been on the struggle bus the past few seasons. Both gave up over 50 points last week. The Red Ramblers' 53 points looks a little worse than the Cavaliers' 51 points. I don't think either team will score 50 points in this game. But some body's got to win. Home field advantage to the Cavaliers, 14-13.

Fountain Central @ Crawfordsville - Looks like the Athenians executed well against Attica Last week. The Mustangs not so much, but Southmont was much better competition. I think this one will be a close one. Again, home field advantage for C-Ville, 34-24.

Linton-Stockton @ North Vermillion - The Miners have dominated this regular season series, but it is always a good test for the Falcons. I see much of the same this week, Miners move to 2-0 in the WRC, 48-14.

Seeger @ Benton Central - The Patriots traded punches with LCC last week for a minute before the Knights pulled away. The Bison got a season opening victory. BC used to dominate this game until recently. I think the Patriots rebound this week, but it's another close one, 28-21.

South Newton @ Covington - The Rebels got a close win over their county rival. The first in a while. The Trojans blew out a bad Indy Washington team, although it was on the road. I think this one is another close game. Trojans might just have a few more athletes, 35-28.

South Vermillion @ Sullivan - The Wildcats shut out a West Vigo team still struggling to find an identity. Sullivan handled a pretty decent North Knox team. I really like the home team in this one.  Golden Arrows pull away in the end, 35-14.

West Vigo @ Parke Heritage - Woolfs looked hapless versus the Miners. So did the Vikings against South Vermillion. This will be a Dog Fight. Vikings get their new head coach his first win, Woolfs have to wait until later, 24-20.

Grand Valley Christian @ Riverton Parke - I've never even heard of GVC until this match up showed up on Harrell's site last week. Apparently, after some research, the Patriots are a pretty prolific passing team? The Panthers' win 2 hours away at 3A Pike Central last week was pretty ugly I heard. Still, it was a win. The Panthers' ground and pound offensive style takes the air out of GVC's passing attack, 24-12

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 9:30 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Attica at Tri County 

West Vigos at The Woofs

Attica over Tri County for their only win of the season, 18-13

Crawfordsville over Fountain Central, 33-19

Liptons over NV, 42-14

Seeger over BC, 20-0

South Newtons over Trojans, 35-20

South Vermilions over Sullivan, 28-27

West Vigo over the Wolfs, 20-18

Riverton Parke over GVC, 34-28

• Like 1

Attica at Tri County- T's & P's for Attica, them as competition makes things more interesting in the WRC but probably don't get a W here or all season. TC 32-12. 

Fountain Central at Crawfordsville- Probably a tough year for both programs. Might be time for the FC coach to saddle up ride off into the football sunset. C-Ville 18-14.  

Linton at North Vermilion- Miners continue to feast on WRC teams 44-18 and it's never close.

Seeger at Benton Central- Could Seeger be the class of the conference? Tune in in weeks 3-9 to find out, BC 24-23. 

South Newton at Covington- Covington probably has a few more athletes than a rebuilding South Newt can handle. South Newt can't handle that Beef House Speed, Covington 35-21.

South Vermilion at Sullivan- Battle of the Gold Pride chant. Sullivan shuts down the run and forces SV to pass. Gets ugly for the Kittens. Sullivan 44-12.  

West Vigo at The Woofs- Wolves continue to struggle against a rebuilding WV but keep it close. Could this be a sign of things to come for the future of PH. Vikings tame the Wolves, 28-18.

Grand Valley Christians at Riverton Parke- Is GVC good? Are they terrible? Only God knows, but word is they are ranked nationally. RP won ugly from all reports though against a 3A program. RP may not have a pass in their playbook and literally don't call a pass to come away with a 21-6 win. 

Edited by Andre Krimm

8 hours ago, Andre Krimm said:

Attica at Tri County- T's & P's for Attica, them as competition makes things more interesting in the WRC but probably don't get a W here or all season. TC 32-12. 

Fountain Central at Crawfordsville- Probably a tough year for both programs. Might be time for the FC coach to saddle up ride off into the football sunset. C-Ville 18-14.  

Linton at North Vermilion- Miners continue to feast on WRC teams 44-18 and it's never close.

Seeger at Benton Central- Could Seeger be the class of the conference? Tune in in weeks 3-9 to find out, BC 24-23. 

South Newton at Covington- Covington probably has a few more athletes than a rebuilding South Newt can handle. South Newt can't handle that Beef House Speed, Covington 35-21.

South Vermilion at Sullivan- Battle of the Gold Pride chant. Sullivan shuts down the run and forces SV to pass. Gets ugly for the Kittens. Sullivan 44-12.  

West Vigo at The Woofs- Wolves continue to struggle against a rebuilding WV but keep it close. Could this be a sign of things to come for the future of PH. Vikings tame the Wolves, 28-18.

Grand Valley Christians at Riverton Parke- Is GVC good? Are they terrible? Only God knows, but word is they are ranked nationally. RP won ugly from all reports though against a 3A program. RP may not have a pass in their playbook and literally don't call a pass to come away with a 21-6 win. 

The FC coach just got there, I swear to God he did 

17 hours ago, Andre Krimm said:

This is his first year there and it sounds like he inherited a dumpster fire, but since he's in the HOF is he just coasting?  (I say this in jest)

I trademarked Beef House Speed, but you may use it just this once.

7 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Anybody seen @Donnie Baker's picks this week? I mean for all intrinsic porpoises the guy that runs the pick 'em orta at least make himself a pear ants. State Law!

He doesn't like to make picks.  He just likes to critique ours.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

This is his first year there and it sounds like he inherited a dumpster fire, but since he's in the HOF is he just coasting?  (I say this in jest)

I trademarked Beef House Speed, but you may use it just this once.

He doesn't like to make picks.  He just likes to critique ours.

"Beef House Speed" is my go to phrase. Credit where credit is due there. I'd buy the T-shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:03 PM, Andre Krimm said:

Don't have a pass in their playbook? The recap I saw said their 1st score friday was a long pass play to the running back. Evidently that kid can catch and run???

Edited by Air bud

I guess everyone has been waiting so I’ll post my picks. I always wait till the last day so @gonzorondont steal them. And hey @Ballhawk, when you find my post critiquing picks show me and I’ll buy you a 6 pack of Zimas and give you a pair of soiled (in the front crouch) Zubas. I swear to God I will. At the end of the day I’m like Joe Osteens and want everyone to be happy. 
Tri Counties

Crawdadsville

Liptons

The Bisons

Small Trojans

Goad Arrows 

West Vigos The Christians

I gotta go 

19 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I guess everyone has been waiting so I’ll post my picks. I always wait till the last day so @gonzorondont steal them. And hey @Ballhawk, when you find my post critiquing picks show me and I’ll buy you a 6 pack of Zimas and give you a pair of soiled (in the front crouch) Zubas. I swear to God I will. At the end of the day I’m like Joe Osteens and want everyone to be happy. 
Tri Counties

Crawdadsville

Liptons

The Bisons

Small Trojans

Goad Arrows 

West Vigos The Christians

I gotta go 

Well I got them all except the Rubbers. We’ll see if RP can slay the Christians today